OCI - New York Tracker

Update on OCI Application Status

Friends,
I checked my status online and found that documents were dispatched to NY CGI. :)

For timelines please see my signature.

Thanks,
-vscn400

Very slow response

I sent Application On July 2nd. Did not get acknoledgement so far. Anyone else in the same boat? Is there any way to speedup the process?

Do we have to search with Online Registration number for OCI status check? I assume File(Acknowledgment) No is for later on, Please clarify...

Do we have to search with Online Registration number for OCI status check? I assume File(Acknowledgment) No is for later on, Please clarify...

Use the link http://ociindia.nic.in/ociindia/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp and type in your online reg# (the one you got when you filled in online form) in the second box and click on "Go" next to it. Looking at the current time-line trends, your app should be acknowledged by now.

I'm also applying for OCI, just for myself.

I have a question regarding "pasting photos." How do they want us to do it? Should I use a paper clip or glue it?? I know they don't want us to staple the photos.

Thanks for the help. :confused:

I'm also applying for OCI, just for myself.

I have a question regarding "pasting photos." How do they want us to do it? Should I use a paper clip or glue it?? I know they don't want us to staple the photos.

Thanks for the help. :confused:

Glue it.

Thanks a billion mate. One more question since ur here.

I'm sending Cashier's check for $295. ($275 + $20 postage fee). Do you think I'll need to add a self addressed envelop? If so, does it need to be stamped with standard stamps (43 cents at the moment!)

And do I need to notarize ANY of the copies (such as Indian and US passport copies) or is it just needs to be self attested?
thanks again.

Thanks a billion mate. One more question since ur here.

I'm sending Cashier's check for $295. ($275 + $20 postage fee). Do you think I'll need to add a self addressed envelop? If so, does it need to be stamped with standard stamps (43 cents at the moment!)

And do I need to notarize ANY of the copies (such as Indian and US passport copies) or is it just needs to be self attested?
thanks again.

No need to send any envelope (stamped or otherwise) - that's what the $20 fee is for. Copies need not be notarized - self-attesting is sufficient.

^ Thanks. I was just going through this thread and realized the same. I appreciate your help.

Planning to mail my application tomorrow (August 23rd). Wish me luck!

OCI - Sent 8/6...No Ack

My OCI application was received on 8/6 by NYCGI. Still not acknowledged. Anyone else with similar dates?

Adding my daughter's OCI application status. I sent the application on 8/13/08 and still the application hasn't been acknowledged.

OCI Application sent: 8/13/08
OCI Acknowledged on 9/10/08

Last edited by a moderator:
Adding my daughter's OCI application status. I sent the application on 8/13/08 and still the application hasn't been acknowledged.

OCI Application sent: 8/13/08

It's taking at least 3 weeks to acknowledge after it's delivered. It depends when your application reached CGI office. Also with couple of holidays in between (Ganesh Chathurthi/Labor Day), I could see some delays. My guess it will be acknowledged this week.

My timeline

Picked up my OCI from CGI NY. Dropped off passport and OCI tracking document at around 10:30 and picked it up at 12:30. For pick up, I was about 35th in line but it took less than 10mins after the window opened. My experience was similar to other folks except that I was directed to window 3 vs. window 7.

OCI Application delivered: 8/06/08
OCI Acknowledged on 8/27/08
OCI Photos Scanned on 9/08/2008
OCI Registration Status: Granted on 9/18/08
OCI Documents Rcvd at CGINY on 9/25/08

Last edited by a moderator:
It's taking at least 3 weeks to acknowledge after it's delivered. It depends when your application reached CGI office. Also with couple of holidays in between (Ganesh Chathurthi/Labor Day), I could see some delays. My guess it will be acknowledged this week.

gvjagan: When you sent OCI apps for your family to CGINY, did you enclose just one single $ 20 check to cover return postage for all members? Or did you send separate checks for each person? Please let me know.

Thanks.