OCI - New York Tracker

Congrats takshila1 - that was quick !
Just curious, did you mail your passport on 7/21 itself ?

takshila1: Or did you go in person to get your OCI?

golden_eagle... its taking a while for CGI-NY to return ur passport with OCI... I hope I get mine on time, I have my flight booked to India for 19th aug

I mailed my US Passport on July 23rd and received the stamped Passport by mail. I had paid the $20.00 for the service.

My OCI details

OCI Applied: 06/02/2008
OCI Acked: 06/23/2008
Photo Scanned: 07/16/2008
Reg. Granted: 07/18/2008
Docs Printed: 07/18/2008
Docs Dispatched to CGI: 07/22/2008
Docs Received at CGI: 07/28/2008
US PP mailed to CGI: 07/31/2008
US PP/OCI returned: 08/05/2008
64 days, all done. :D

Thanks all for providing your own updates and helping to keep our sanity. CGI NYC worked without a hitch so thanks to them too. :)

takshila1: Or did you go in person to get your OCI?

golden_eagle... its taking a while for CGI-NY to return ur passport with OCI... I hope I get mine on time, I have my flight booked to India for 19th aug
Just glad to report my updated OCI details....just received my US passport w/OCI visa and booklet.

Many Thanks - takshila1, Delhite, akgarg and unnamed others - for keeping this forum alive with friendly support...

Gratitude !

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Delhite, Few questions....

I am in same boat as you. My dad and mom's OCI status shows that NYCGI has received Documents. Can I Send US PASSORTS to NYCGI.

IS it the same address where we send the application?

Can I send both in one mail ?

Do we include other than Passports for ref of application?

Thanks for ur help in advance....

Hi Delhite, Few questions....

I am in same boat as you. My dad and mom's OCI status shows that NYCGI has received Documents. Can I Send US PASSORTS to NYCGI.

IS it the same address where we send the application?

Can I send both in one mail ?

Do we include other than Passports for ref of application?

Thanks for ur help in advance....

hey meek1234,

I sent my US passport for OCI sticker and Indian passport for cancellation to the same address as I had for my OCI application

Ya, you can send both in one application to the best of my knowledge.

I also included a cover letter asking them to send my us pp with OCI at the earliest as I am leaving for India on 19th aug. I also included an itinerary. I also enclosed a copy of the OCI Online Service's printout for their reference (which you should also include of your parents).

I hope I answered ur ques...

Contact Detail

Does anyone have details for the Ministry of Home Affairs? I have a question regarding an OCI application I filed and have left a number of messages with the Consulate General - New York but have not heard back from them.

Ya any email addresses or phone numbers not listed on the website of CGI-NY to contact them.... I am starting to get a little anxious now... Its been 10 days since I mailed my US passport... even included an itinerary and mentioned my departure date for India in cover letter...

update: Called the OCI section of CGI-NY... tried a few times continuously... I guess they got tired and finally picked up my phone ;) ...a lady picked up the phone, she was helpful and gave me the tracking number and it was mailed thru USPS. According to her, they had sent my us passport to the mail room on 8th Aug.... but it got mailed late last night according to the tracking # :mad:

oh well, hope to get it tommorrow

update: Called the OCI section of CGI-NY... tried a few times continuously... I guess they got tired and finally picked up my phone ;) ...a lady picked up the phone, she was helpful and gave me the tracking number and it was mailed thru USPS. According to her, they had sent my us passport to the mail room on 8th Aug.... but it got mailed late last night according to the tracking # :mad:

oh well, hope to get it tommorrow

Don't be too harsh on them, at least in this instance - 8th was a Friday, so the actual delay is only one day (on 9th and 10th, the consulate would have been closed)!

Don't be too harsh on them, at least in this instance - 8th was a Friday, so the actual delay is only one day (on 9th and 10th, the consulate would have been closed)!

"too harsh" :eek:... aisa kya likh diya that made you think so :) ... they received my us pp on monday and by friday had sent it to mail room.. that was pretty fast.. it was only mail room delay and got a little frustated at that... But, no complaints in the whole OCI process, it went smooth and was within the expected time frame

"too harsh" :eek:... aisa kya likh diya that made you think so :) ... they received my us pp on monday and by friday had sent it to mail room.. that was pretty fast.. it was only mail room delay and got a little frustated at that... But, no complaints in the whole OCI process, it went smooth and was within the expected time frame

Because your post was bracketed by :mad: symbols, is liye! Thanks for the clarification.

All Done!

Thanks to akgarg and all the others for keeping this thread updated and helping me.

Thanks

EDIT: Previously, a few people in this forum had noted that they didnt received their cancelled Indian Passports with OCI, but I am one of the lucky ones to get my cancelled Indian PP back

OCI Status for Wife

Please see the signature below for the timeline. Thanks to everyone on this forum for sharing the info! It is very very helpful to all. It is my turn now to share my timeline for the benefit of others.

My wife should get her OCI Card next week and it will take another 2 months for me... No complaints ... everythign went very smoothly!:)

swap81,

Yes I got an update today - Photos scanned on 8/19. You should see yours in couple of days.

thanks.