OCI - New York Tracker

OCI received at the consulate?

Could you please share the source of this information. I will wait and go do it in person rather than mail it if I can.

Hi,

Has any of the approved OCIs from May 7 been received at the consulate? Looks like they are not updating receipt purposely. It has been 11 days since dispatch

Arjun

Hi,

Has any of the approved OCIs from May 7 been received at the consulate?
---Documents that were printed in Delhi on 29 April have reached NYC on 7 May and they updated few days back
Looks like they are not updating receipt purposely.
It has been 11 days since dispatch
-----they take 12-13 days to update from the Dispatch date.
Arjun
-------

Could you please share the source of this information. I will wait and go do it in person rather than mail it if I can.
This is not official information and nobody knows that if they will be open on 29 /30. If one mail now one may get surrender certificate early.

This is not official information and nobody knows that if they will be open on 29 /30. If one mail now one may get surrender certificate early.

29/30 of May 2010?
If its May month then 29 and 30 is weekend. Its long weekend.
They hardly work on weekdays, I dont think they will be open on weekends :)

New Declaration of Renunciation form

CGI-NY has posted a new version of the Renunciation/Surrender of Citizenship fom on its wesbite.

This is really simplified and prints out on one page.

CGI-NY has posted a new version of the Renunciation/Surrender of Citizenship fom on its wesbite.

Thanks for the update. The new form is on Adobe Acrobat. So you have to fill it out by hand now. You can fill out your foreign nationality details on the form which can be USA or Canada or anything else.. But then the form specifically asks for copy of US passport. The instructions on the web page still ask for copy of Indian passport.

The form also has "I have/have not been married." So if you are divorced now, I think you would fill out have been married. Why don't they ask for current marital status if that's what they want.

Also if you have US born kids, there is no need to mention them on the new form.

They also added some Surrender Certificate box on the bottom of the form.

Still no mention of 3 copies of the form. I wasted my afternoon filling out the old form for me & my wife. They are bunch of jokers.

Thanks for the update. The new form is on Adobe Acrobat. So you have to fill it out by hand now. You can fill out your foreign nationality details on the form which can be USA or Canada or anything else.. But then the form specifically asks for copy of US passport. The instructions on the web page still ask for copy of Indian passport.

The form also has "I have/have not been married." So if you are divorced now, I think you would fill out have been married. Why don't they ask for current marital status if that's what they want.

Also if you have US born kids, there is no need to mention them on the new form.

They also added some Surrender Certificate box on the bottom of the form.

Still no mention of 3 copies of the form. I wasted my afternoon filling out the old form for me & my wife. They are bunch of jokers.

Man why this got to be so diffcult and not even sure whether I will get my passport on time

Really i am refraining myself from using flity language against these bunch of idiots ..i just went out today to get 3 copies of the form .. notorized ...and come back to office i see the change...

now do i have to do it again before i send it out tomorrow...or can i send the old form itself..

any suggestions...!..

Really i am refraining myself from using flity language against these bunch of idiots ..i just went out today to get 3 copies of the form .. notorized ...and come back to office i see the change...

now do i have to do it again before i send it out tomorrow...or can i send the old form itself..

any suggestions...!..
What Guarantees the new form is not going to change either- it changed atleast 5 times since I applied it -

WHAT THE ... :mad: Just today I went and notarized 3 copies each for myself and my wife ...

They now included the "Surrender Certificate" at the bottom of the form.. So, it is even easier for them.. Use a ruler (scale) and tear the bottom portion and give that back to us.. $175 is now for filling the our name, the word "USA", and stamp+signature by the consular !! If the consular is in the counter, it is basically 30 second job to give us this certificate.. What a rip off man .. :confused:

OH.. BTW, They now include US passport photocopy.. They must have read yesterday's thread...

Last edited by a moderator:

any suggestions...!..

I got my form notarized yesterday (the word doc version, not the pdf version published today), got the money orders today and the whole package is ready to be mailed first thing tomorrow morning. I am not going to change anything. They can publish another version tomorrow, I don't care, I am not going to change anything. Package goes out tomorrow with the old form.

How many copies need to be sent for Surrender/Renunciation Certificate

The CGI-NY website seems to only ask for one set of documents for applying for Renunciation/Surrender Certficate unlike the OCI Application which explicity required two set of documents for each applicant.

However, a lot of posters seem to be sending their documents in triplicate.

I just wanted to check if anyone has received confirmation on this from CGI-NY.

Thanks.

Surrender Certificate in Person

Has anybody gone in person to apply for Surrender Certificate for the whole family? Did you go alone or did you have to take everyone who applied?

Thanks!

How many copies need to be sent for Surrender/Renunciation Certificate
The CGI-NY website seems to only ask for one set of documents for applying for Renunciation/Surrender Certficate unlike the OCI Application which explicity required two set of documents for each applicant.

However, a lot of posters seem to be sending their documents in triplicate.

I just wanted to check if anyone has received confirmation on this from CGI-NY.

Thanks.

See post # 1588 & #1606 by waiting_2002 in this thread. Apparently he spoke to someone at NYC consulate, who said the Form has to be submitted in triplicate (not all docs). But that information is at least 2 days stale :)

these f***** morons gave 5 centimeters of space and wants us to fill ( tehsil,district,state and country) ...how the hell will any one be able to fill all those information on this small space.
i know for fact they will bring out a form in 2 days... with more space in it....

Another thing I noticed while I was at the consulate: I dont know if it was for peoplw who applied for Visa at consulate or it was TRAVISA, there is a counter for travisa right in the area where people form the line (rush). I saw so many passports lying on the table unatteded. The person working there was't there and someone accidently hit the table and many passports fell down on the ground. People around there picked them up and put it back I don;t know if it went with right application forms...
What a pity. :(

This is seriously ridiculous and frankly, worrisome to hear.These morons at the consulate have no common sense whatsoever regarding security and privacy of people's passports. They leave people's passports out in the public like that and what's to stop some frustrated, vindictive person from walking off with someone else's passport just for spite?

I got my form notarized yesterday (the word doc version, not the pdf version published today), got the money orders today and the whole package is ready to be mailed first thing tomorrow morning. I am not going to change anything. They can publish another version tomorrow, I don't care, I am not going to change anything. Package goes out tomorrow with the old form.

Obviously they made their intentions clear by putting out yet another version of the form, they don't want to print a copy of this so called "surrender certificate", they want us to do it for them.
Why take chances now after doing all this, I am going to include three copies of filled in surrender certificate (form XXIII) in my package.

Obviously they made their intentions clear by putting out yet another version of the form, they don't want to print a copy of this so called "surrender certificate", they want us to do it for them.
Why take chances now after doing all this, I am going to include three copies of filled in surrender certificate (form XXIII) in my package.

They will accept all the forms posted on NYC site Old for or new Form. They are all similar and just need your info and Indian Passport number and the date you got US Citizenship/Naturalization date and $175+$20 mailing charge.