OCI - Houston Tracker

My App Status
Photo/Signature Scanned : 17-FEB-2011
Registration Status : UnderProcess
Documents Printing Status : NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched : NOT DISPATCHED
Received at HOUSTON : NOT YET

Should OCI people be concerned regarding this?

I hope, that this is fake, but I could be wrong.

on the internet I have searched through many of the sites and some say it is fake, and others say that they went through different, but similar experience through different Indian Airports

Also,last but not least, how is it that people that go through TRAVISA, an independent company whom consulate and embassy has chosen to collect the application and to distribute OCI cards and 'U' visa, gets their OCI application process faster than the people applied before TRAVISA? How come they have to wait 6 months? When answering this particular question, please say anything else other than what is already posted on this particular forum. I am just angry and frustrated that people that went after entering of the TRAVISA are enjoying faster rides in line of waiting game, then people who went before it. I hate this. What happened to the good old motto of "First come, first serve."?

That is all. ( for now )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Passport Tearing at Indian Airports.... Read it Carefully.!! !*
Be Careful at the Indian Airports, This is a well organized conspiracy by
Indian Immigration, Police, Customs and Air India staff with networking at
all the Indian International Airports.. Be careful when ever you give your
passport to Immigration/ Customs/Air India staff. The pass port can be
easily tampered and can create trouble to you. They have found easy way of
making money from NRIs. This is the way it works:

At the time of the passenger's departure, if the passenger is not looking
at the officer while he is stamping the exit, the officer very cleverly
tears away one of the page from the passport. When the passenger leaves
the immigration counter, the case is reported on his computer terminal
with full details. Now all over India they have got full details of the
passenger with Red Flag flashing on the Passport number entered by the
departure immigration officer. They have made their money by doing above.

On arrival next time, he is interrogated.

Subject to the passenger's period of stay abroad, his income and standing
etc., the price to get rid of the problem is settled by the Police and
Immigration people. If someone argues, his future is spoiled because there
are always some innocent fellows who think the honesty is the basis of
getting justice in India....

Please advise every passenger to be careful at the airport. Whenever they
hand over the passport to the counters of Air India, or immigration or the
customs, they must be vigilant, should not remove eyes from the passport
even if the officer in front tries to divert their attention.

Also, please pass this information to all friends, media men and important
politicians. Every month 20-30 cases are happening all over India to rob
the NRIs the minute he lands. Similar case has happened with Aramco's
Arifuddin. He was travelling with his family. They had six passports. They
Got the visa of America and decided to go via Hyderabad from Jeddah. They
reached Hyderabad. Stayed about a month and left for the States. When they
reached the States, the page of the American visa on his wife's passport
was missing. At the time of departure from Hyderabad it was there, the
whole family had to return to Hyderabad helplessly. On arrival at Bombay
back, they were caught by the police and now it is over 2 months, they are
running after the Police, Immigration officers and the Courts. On going in
to details with him, he found out the following: One cannot imagine,
neither can believe, that the Indian Immigration dept can play such a
nasty game to harass the innocent passengers.

All the passengers traveling to & fro India via Bombay and Hyderabad must
be aware of this conspiracy. Every month 15 to 20 cases are taking place,
at each mentioned airport, of holding the passengers in the crime of
tearing away the passport pages. On interviewing some of them, none of them
was aware of what had happened. They don't know why, when and who tore
away the page from the middle of the passport. One can imagine the
sufferings of such people at the hands of the immigration, police and the
court procedures in India after that. The number of cases is increasing in
the last 2-3 years. People who are arriving at the immigration, they are
questioned and their passports are being held and they have to go in
interrogation. Obviously, the conspiracy started about 2 to 3 years ago,
now the results are coming. Some of the Air India counter staff too is
involved in this conspiracy.
KINDLY SEND THIS TO AS MANY AS YOUR FRIENDS ACROSS THE WORLD AND ALSO
REQUEST THEM TO CHECK THE PASSPORT AT THE CHECKING COUNTERS AND BEFORE
LEAVING THE AIRPORT.*

"Aramco's Arifuddi" case happened in 2001. 10 years ago. It was also published in the Times of India paper as a story. http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...ion-officials-passport-international-airports

Only God knows what's the truth, but I always double check my passport before handing it to the immigration officer and after taking it back. It's better to be safe than sorry. I do not count the total number of pages. But I do look at the information and the Emergency contact pages to avoid Identity theft.

Received at Houston!

Application Status
Photo/Signature Scanned
On
17-MAY-2011
Registration Status
Granted
On
20-MAY-2011
Documents Printing Status
PRINTED
Documents Printed On
01-JUN-2011
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 03-JUN-2011
Documents Received at HOUSTON
On
07-JUN-2011

Does anyone know how long people have to wait to see their OCI application approved by the Houston consulate if they sent their application directly to Houston consulate? I sent my OCI application to Houston Consulate in January, 2011, and have not since seen any updates. I know the old time frame is 6 months. Current time frame is even shorter for all those who are going through TRAVISA.

I know this is going to sound dumb and idiotic, but I have a special request to all people that go through TRAVISA, could you guys and gals please complain on behalf of all the people to consulate to quickly process the OCI application for the people who have applied before outsourcing to TRAVISA.

I, and others who are patiently standing in line to get their OCI application approved will be thankful to all the people who complain on our behalf.

that is all (for now).

I agree, it doesnt make sense that the consulate people are just sitting on the applications sent to them before Travisa. I was at the Houston consulate today in the morning. I asked them to send my OCI to travisa so that I can collect today. I am going to Travisa office in the evening and will make a round to the Consulate since they are just 3 miles apart. I will see what they say about those applications and update their response tonight.

OCI Application Date : 27-Dec-2010
OCI Application Ack & Photo Scanned : 4 Feb-2011

We are also in the same boat as several applicants who applied OCI directly with the consulate. I applied OCI for myself and my wife in Dec 2010. Our first round of frustration was to get surrender certificate. We got it in Dec 2010 after 4 months of patient wait and immediately applied for OCI. Now we are still waiting and waiting. As per Arun_K’s guidelines, I called the Houston consulate today. I was finally able to talk to a lady operator after trying repeatedly for 1 hour. I talked to her very politely and enquired about my OCI status. She asked me to check the status online, on the website. I replied to her that I had already done so and there was no progress after acknowledgement. I also enquired her that the people going through Travisa have already got their OCI cards. She did not have an answer for that. She said that they are going by the application dates and not acknowledgement dates. Then I asked her as to when can I expect my OCI to be granted. She said, “As of now we are processing August -September applications. You may have to wait for another 3 to 4 months”.Also she said they are processing by application dates and not acknowledgement dates.

Friends, we are into this whole process from 2010 August. First we waited to get surrender certificate and now the OCI is indefinite. Though the Website said 6 to 8 months. Now as per the above answer, the process may exceed 9 months. Because if granting is after another 3 to 4 months, then imagine the other procedures…like documents sent to india and receiving back from India. That will take another 2 months, based on other friends experiences in this forum.

Hope we will get our OCI cards atleast in the year 2011.
What is the use of outsourcing the OCI to Travisa ? It is taking only new applicants. There is no justice. Why can’t the Houston consulate send the applications of 2010 to travisa and clear all the backlog first ? We don’t know whom to ask these questions and what to do ?
This is the typical example of “Height of helplessness and Frustration”.

I Guess that all the applications that are with the consulate will take 1 year to process OCI card.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the Houston consulate and talked to a lady who was just sitting at the Misc. Services counter doing nothing. The other counter for passport services had a small line. I told her that my friend had applied for OCI in Jan 2011. She said that they are processing September 2010 applications and they are hoping to clear all the backlog by end of August 2011. She said that they received a lot of visa applications recently and that could impact the OCI applications.

I dont think they have a shortage of staff. I counted atleast 9 people working there. Not sure why they are delaying the OCI applications.

I went to Travisa office to collect my OCI. There were more than 15 people there who came to collect OCI and lot more who were there to collect visa. The people who came there to collect visas were inquiring about the OCI and the Travisa people were promising them that they will get the OCI in 40 days.

I received the OCI today and here is my timeline. Goodluck to all who are waiting.

03/15/2011 -- OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsoucing -- HOUSTON
05/11/2011 -- Documents sent to consulate
05/17/2011 -- Granted
05/31/2011 -- Printed
06/03/2011 -- Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office
06/06/2011 -- Documents Received at HOUSTON
06/08/2011 -- OCI Received.

Thank You _ Thank You _ Thank You

Thanks to everyone who has called via telephone, and visited the Houston Consulate personally to inquire the application status on my myself and others just like me who are patiently waiting.

If I understand the situation correctly, then I guess my actual online application submittance was in the month of December, 2010. Again, that is online portion of the application or part A ( out of Part A and Part B ( Part B was offline) ). Complete application reached Houston Consulate in Early January 2011. In the Complete application was also the Renunciation certificate, which was given back to us with proper stamping in February, 2011. Acknowledge date for the OCI is also same as the stamping date on the Renunciation certificate.

Now I hope there is no more delay in processing of the OCI application beyond January 2012. If that happens, then I would probably ask for my partial fees back :cool:

Anyways, thanks again to everyone who put all of their volunteer efforts and informing the people who are and will continue to wait in line until January 2012, and in January 2012, I might just have to take a personal vacation to Texas to check for my self once in for all as to what in the world is going on.

that is all ( for now ).

Finally its over !!!!!!!!! I received the OCI booklet and my passport with the U sticker in the mail today. Goodluck to all who are waiting.

Super duper... this idiot maki... is a poser who's sitting behind his stupid computer and posting stupid stuff on forums. if you must know the meaning of his screen name then divide it into 3 letters, ma ki... and then the rest follows

yeah, looks his posts (maki...) got booted out. He even posted unrealistic timelines! Kinda like, mailed it in 6/12, travisa sent it to consulate on 6/13.... yeah right, like thats going to happen! Unless his family owns Travisa, in which case, his username..... right back at him! LOL!

Houston OCI

Hello guys, I applied for OCI n this is the time line for me

04/25/2011 9:28am CST Service order form completed online
04/29/2011 6:10pm CST OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa
Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7
business days before the application status
changes. Note that your application will
undergo several steps before the status is updated.
05/05/2011 3:56pm CST Application assigned for processing
05/05/2011 4:24pm CST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
05/05/2011 4:25pm CST Outsourcing office has received OCI application, but cannot process further. Application is on hold.
05/11/2011 4:44pm CST Travisa Outsourcing has matched up your documents,
and we are preparing your application to go to the Consulate shortly.
05/24/2011 2:53pm CST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
05/25/2011 8:57am CST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
05/25/2011 9:38am CST Documents received by Consulate
05/31/2011 2:00pm CST Pending approval of the Government of India
06/20/2011 10:32am CST Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed
correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm
and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx
pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.
06/20/2011 3:03pm CST Passport mailed out. Please note that the tracking
[/INDENT]information may not be active for up
to 1 business day.

MHA Web

Photo/Signature Scanned
On
26-MAY-2011
Registration Status
Granted :- On 02-JUN-2011
Documents Printing Status :- PRINTED
Documents Printed On :- 09-JUN-2011
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 13-JUN-2011
Documents Received at HOUSTON On 15-JUN-2011

Hope this helps..

pretty_26

Houston OCI
Hello guys, I applied for OCI n this is the time line for me

04/25/2011 9:28am CST Service order form completed online
04/29/2011 6:10pm CST OCI application arrived in the mail at TravisaOutsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7business days before the application statuschanges. Note that your application willundergo several steps before the status is updated.
05/05/2011 3:56pm CST Application assigned for processing
05/05/2011 4:24pm CST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
05/05/2011 4:25pm CST Outsourcing office has received OCI application, but cannot process further. Application is on hold.
05/11/2011 4:44pm CST Travisa Outsourcing has matched up your documents,and we are preparing your application to go to the Consulate shortly.
05/24/2011 2:53pm CST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
05/25/2011 8:57am CST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
05/25/2011 9:38am CST Documents received by Consulate
05/31/2011 2:00pm CST Pending approval of the Government of India
06/20/2011 10:32am CST Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processedcorrectly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pmand 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedExpick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.
06/20/2011 3:03pm CST Passport mailed out. Please note that the tracking[/INDENT]information may not be active for upto 1 business day.

MHA Web

Photo/Signature Scanned
On
26-MAY-2011
Registration Status
Granted :- On 02-JUN-2011
Documents Printing Status :- PRINTED
Documents Printed On :- 09-JUN-2011
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 13-JUN-2011
Documents Received at HOUSTON On 15-JUN-2011

Hope this helps..

Congratulations on getting your O.C.I processed so quickly.

I just hope mine gets done before 2011 year is over.