OCI - Houston Tracker

I"ve been emailing shettybn@nic.in. The person, Mr. shetty says he's on technical team. He's been pretty good about replying to emails, but I don't think he can do much.

another day, another 20-30 minutes wasted calling CGI - Houston. Phone kept ringing. called number as per instructions on their web site.

Dedicated telephone for making OCI Scheme related enquiries in respect of applications mailed to Consulate General of India, Houston: Contact –713-871-1727 (between 1400-1600 hrs. only)

son of bitches, no one answered. Dedicated telephone line my ***

OCI Status Site

Well great. Now the OCI Status check site doesn't work. We lost the only link we had to check any status change, if at all.:mad:

Yep, its NOT working alright.
I am sure that Indian Government is doing some type of maintenance on this website so we would be able to see more in detail as to where exactly in the process our O.C.I cards are in. (sarcastically speaking.)

On the serious note:
Here is the website that everyone should visit, and kind of get acquainted along with TRAVISA, and Indian consulate or Indian Embassy that is in your jurisdiction.

This is the website that is the official homepage for the O.C.I services from beginning to end: http://ociindia.nic.in/index.html

Houston Consulate Website: www.cgihouston.org

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have already posted this in different thread, but I am going to post it here also.

In advance i would like to thank the JPBoston, and OCIFl for their comments regarding this issue.

Here is the issue:

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if there is any truth to the story published on this Canadian news site called "South Asian Focus" regarding the merging of the Overseas Citizens of India card ( O.C.I card ) and Person of Indian Origin card ( P.I.O card ) to create new card called the Overseas Indian Card ( O.I.C card )?

here is the website: http://www.southasianfocus.ca/community/article/97471

Please reply with your thoughts regarding the story, and share if there is any truth to the story.

At last our OCI is approved.

Date Of Acknowledgment 15-JAN-2011
Photo/Signature Scanned On 17-JAN-2011
Registration Status Granted On 14-JUL-2011
Documents Printing Status PRINTED On 15-JUL-2011
OCI Number A****** Visa U******
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI Cell): NEW DELHI On NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at HOUSTON NOT YET

Printed and finally recd in Houston. Here is my updated timeline:

PIO to OCI conversion timeline:
Appln recd at Houston Consulate- Sep-23-2010
Appln acknowledged/ scanned- Dec-25-2010
Registration granted- Jun-28-2011
Documents Printed- Jul-02-2011
Documents Dispatched- Jul-11-2011
Documents Received at HOUSTON- Jul-15-2011
Passport/ PIO card sent to Houston- ?
Passport/ OCI card recd- ?

BAntony, webxplore, nri2008, sunnytags, are you guys planning to mail your passports to the consulate or personally go there?

I am in two minds about what to do. I live 6 hours away and would like to go personally if I can get it done the same business day, but work is currently super-busy and I may be forced to mail my passport, which given the inefficiency of the consulate scares the crap out of me.

Folks, please keep this thread updated about what you decide to do and the respective timeline.

thanks

Printed and finally recd in Houston. Here is my updated timeline:

PIO to OCI conversion timeline:
Appln recd at Houston Consulate- Sep-23-2010
Appln acknowledged/ scanned- Dec-25-2010
Registration granted- Jun-28-2011
Documents Printed- Jul-02-2011
Documents Dispatched- Jul-11-2011
Documents Received at HOUSTON- Jul-15-2011
Passport/ PIO card sent to Houston- ?
Passport/ OCI card recd- ?

BAntony, webxplore, nri2008, sunnytags, are you guys planning to mail your passports to the consulate or personally go there?

I am in two minds about what to do. I live 6 hours away and would like to go personally if I can get it done the same business day, but work is currently super-busy and I may be forced to mail my passport, which given the inefficiency of the consulate scares the crap out of me.

Folks, please keep this thread updated about what you decide to do and the respective timeline.

thanks

Did you NOT send in your postal fee of $20 to Consulate General of India - Houston with O.C.I packet to get your O.C.I booklet, or O.C.I card with 'U' visa affixed onto your foreign passport or United States Passport?

I sent in my $20 mailing fee WITH the O.C.I packet according to the instruction on the Consulate General of India - Houston's O.C.I section of the website.

Anyways, since you live like 6 hours away from the Consulate, then I suggest just go and drop off your passport, along with others in your family if theirs is already processed, and pick it up on your way back, or just come back after like may be 3 or 4 days later if you prefer.

If you do choose to drop off the passport, then ask the lady at the front, who is doing pretty much nothing, all the essential information like, "what are hours that this drop off and pick up window open?", and "If it is possible to pick up the passports and O.C.I booklet, or card within same day, or do I have to wait like a week."

well, I hope this helps.

I live in the state that is farthest in the Jurisdiction of Houston Consulate, so I can't have the luxury of driving down there to drop and pick the documents.

good luck.

Please post back as to what you did, or action you took, and what were their results for others to follow.

I hope others, who have gone through this experience, will post on this forum soon.

My Documents were received at HOUSTON. See signature for timeline.

So should i be expecting an email regarding details about how to get the Visa Stamped???

I am thinking of driving to Houston too as i live in Dallas (4 hrs from Houston).

It would really suck to drive again to Houston if they do not give me the passport back on the same day.

Can anybody share their experiences about picking up the Passport stamped in person?

super_duper, when I applied almost 10 months ago, I was living in College Station, so I figured I would just go to Houston to get my passport stamped, hence I did not include the 20$ mailing charge. Since then I have moved farther away, hence my present dilemma.

I agree, going to the consulate would be the best thing to do, but unfortunately I cannot afford to take multiple days off of work right now. I would go if I can be sure that I can arrive in Houston on a Thursday night, submit my passport Friday morning and retrieve it back Friday evening.

Hopefully I'll get some more responses on recent experiences, both with personal visits to the consulate and mailing passports to them. I'll keep this thread updated with what I do and how long it takes.

Did you NOT send in your postal fee of $20 to Consulate General of India - Houston with O.C.I packet to get your O.C.I booklet, or O.C.I card with 'U' visa affixed onto your foreign passport or United States Passport?

I sent in my $20 mailing fee WITH the O.C.I packet according to the instruction on the Consulate General of India - Houston's O.C.I section of the website.

Anyways, since you live like 6 hours away from the Consulate, then I suggest just go and drop off your passport, along with others in your family if theirs is already processed, and pick it up on your way back, or just come back after like may be 3 or 4 days later if you prefer.

If you do choose to drop off the passport, then ask the lady at the front, who is doing pretty much nothing, all the essential information like, "what are hours that this drop off and pick up window open?", and "If it is possible to pick up the passports and O.C.I booklet, or card within same day, or do I have to wait like a week."

well, I hope this helps.

I live in the state that is farthest in the Jurisdiction of Houston Consulate, so I can't have the luxury of driving down there to drop and pick the documents.

good luck.

Please post back as to what you did, or action you took, and what were their results for others to follow.

I hope others, who have gone through this experience, will post on this forum soon.

super_duper, when I applied almost 10 months ago, I was living in College Station, so I figured I would just go to Houston to get my passport stamped, hence I did not include the 20$ mailing charge. Since then I have moved farther away, hence my present dilemma.

I agree, going to the consulate would be the best thing to do, but unfortunately I cannot afford to take multiple days off of work right now. I would go if I can be sure that I can arrive in Houston on a Thursday night, submit my passport Friday morning and retrieve it back Friday evening.

Hopefully I'll get some more responses on recent experiences, both with personal visits to the consulate and mailing passports to them. I'll keep this thread updated with what I do and how long it takes.

well, I hope this helps.

good luck.

Good luck my man. Hopefully someone will reply.

As for me, I am just going to send in my passport to them and just be done with it.

I have already sent them return mailing payment of $20 with the O.C.I application packet, so that I, as well as my both of my parents as well as my younger brother ,could receive the 'U' Visa stickers as well as O.C.I cards / O.C.I booklets.