OCI - Houston Tracker

Here are some of the websites that anyone may use, and everyone on this forum has either already seen any one of these websites, will see it soon, or will be needing it. So I have listed them here for reference purposes.

These are all Indian Governmental websites.

Extra special note:

Please take out the extra space when entering these website using the method of copy and paste, because the website will not load up if one tries to copy and paste the website as it is on this blog. If typing manually, then please do not put extra space when typing. I had to put extra space when typing this website into this forum because this post would not let me post the website in its original form.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
O.C.I online service website to check your O.C.I status at M.H.A website:

https : / / passport . gov . in / oci / OnlineOCIenquiry . jsp

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M.H.A website where you may apply for the O.C.I online application Part A ( out of Part A and Part B ), and fill the Part B offline when it prints after filling the Part A out.

https : / / passport.gov.in / oci / OnlineOCIRegistrationG . jsp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This website is to be visited if one wishes to read all the rules and regulations of the O.C.I card. One may also apply online for O.C.I card as there is a official website link present on this website. If one wishes to get the O.C.I Miscellaneous Services, then they may do so here by reading instructions on how to apply, and manual on O.C.I Miscellaneous Service, and actually apply for Miscellaneous Services as there is an official website link present.

http : // www . mha . nic . in / uniquepage . asp ? id _ pk = 553

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the original website where one may visit to see how the original welcome website for the O.C.I Services looks like.

http : // ociindia . nic . in / index . html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The notorious website of the Consulate General of India - Houston

http : / / www . cgihouston . org /

comment on this website:
Grandma, or even a child as young as 12 years old can make better website than this.
This is a very dull website in my view.

Consulate General of India - Houston needs to make better website. Period!

here is the O.C.I section of the Consulate General of India - Houston website.

http : / / www . cgihouston . org / OverseasCitizenship . html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last, but not least the website of the outsourcing agency TRAVISA website of the O.C.I section:

https : / / indiavisa . travisaoutsourcing . com / oci / homepage

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that is it for the official O.C.I websites !!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just hope and pray that Consulate General of India - Atlanta would now open up, so that people in the State of Georgia, and State of Florida don't have to deal with this stupid Consulate General of India - Houston folks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special request to all people that get their O.C.I approved, printed and in the hands within 1 to 2 months by going through TRAVISA.

Please tell the Houston Consulate to process the applications that came before TRAVISA, which at the time applications went straight to Houston Consulate, faster and quicker because some of us have patiently waiting. Yes, we know that our applications will not be approved until late August, or sometime in September, October, November, or in the month of December.

I don't see any U sticker or anything on my US Passort, all I see is a visa page saying OCI good for life, etc, etc.. I believe that is what is U sticker is right?

I should say travisa is pretty good on publishing timelines.. they told me through email when i asked the time frame, they said 30-40 business days for the whole process (same on their website)... pretty much took around the same time..

good luck to others.

thanks,

Status update.

04/25/2011 Service order form completed online
05/03/2011 Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
05/19/2011 Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
05/20/2011 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
05/20/2011 Documents received by Consulate
05/25/2011 Pending approval of the Government of India
06/20/2011 Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm.

Roster,

If you go through TRAVISA, you should be fine. Your O.C.I card and 'U' visa should be in your hand within 1 to 2 months.

What I was referring to was the people that went before TRAVISA.

They have wait 6 months to 9 months time period.

Nobody knows why this is.

As far as what the 'U' visa is supposed to look like, please consult the following web page, which is found on TRAVISA website, but I have posted here for your convenience.

note: please take out the spaces after copying and pasting this website into the U.R.L box. -Thanks

Here is the webpage from TRAVISA:

https : // indiavisa . travisaoutsourcing . com / pdf / OCI_Sample . pdf

Here is another website that is from Indian Government:

http : // ociindia . nic . in / index . html

well, I hope this helps.

Chronological listing of events from Travisa Outsourcing status web page.

Date/Time Action
04/25/2011 Service order form completed online
05/04/2011 OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing.
05/04/2011 Additional documents have been received.
05/11/2011 Application assigned for processing
05/11/2011 Application assigned for processing
05/12/2011 Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
05/23/2011 Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
05/24/2011 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
05/24/2011 Documents received by Consulate
05/27/2011 Pending approval of the Government of India
06/20/2011 Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.
06/20/2011 Passport mailed out.
06/23/2011 Received OCI cards and passports with U visa(wife and me) .

OCI tracker for Houston at immihelp seems to show some progress for applications sent in Sep' 2010 with and Scan date in Dec' 2010. Baby steps for sure....
4 approvals this month with 3 on 14th and one on the 23rd.....hopefully the misery will end soon.

webxplore,

Please keep posting things like this because I never got used to watching that kind of website, although it is easy to read, I would rather read people's timeline as well as their real stories on this blog.

Thanks for posting this one, and continue to do so in the future not just for me and but for many others who are in the same position as you and I are in.

I actually applied the online part of the application, or Part A ( out of Part A and Part B (Part B was offline) ), of the application, in middle of December,2010.

I also sent the renunciation form, as an application to be approved by the Consulate, with the O.C.I form. This created, along with rest of the copies of the legal documents, a complete package.

I sent the complete package of the entire O.C.I process in the beginning of the January, 2011.

I got the Renunciation applications back with proper stamps and signatures from Houston Consulate in the Early February, 2011. So, in turn that application has now became an official renunciation certificate.

I checked on the M.H.A website on the day I got the Renunciation form, there acknowledgment was stated as February, 2011, and the day was listed as the same day, as the day stamped on the renunciation form, and signature date.

Ever since nothing has moved.

The old time frame of waiting was 6 months, but this is more than 6 months, or will be in about next two months.

If you count from acknowledgment month, then

March 2011, April 2011, May 2011, June 2011, July 2011, August 2011 . ( that should be 6 months )

Although this is wrong, but I am giving more time to consulate then stated on their website.

Anyways, thanks for posting. I still want to see what other people want to say.

OCI wait driving me crazy

I mailed my application in 10/27/10 and ack on 1/7/11 and since then no movement at all, I got tired and talked to the under secretary for OCI cell in New Delhi, he asked me to send an email about this delay to him. I did email him couple of days back and no reply so far but I want to request everyone waiting to send an email about the waiting time at Houston for OCI. the email address is jsf@nic.in

All the best to all waiting and hope the wait ends soon.

dsufac wrote

OCI wait driving me crazy

I mailed my application in 10/27/10 and ack on 1/7/11 and since then no movement at all, I got tired and talked to the under secretary for OCI cell in New Delhi, he asked me to send an email about this delay to him. I did email him couple of days back and no reply so far but I want to request everyone waiting to send an email about the waiting time at Houston for OCI. the email address is jsf@nic.in

All the best to all waiting and hope the wait ends soon.

dsufac ,

Whoever 's O.C.I application was sent to Houston Consulate last year ( last year being 2010 ), or beginning of this year (this year being 2011) BEFORE TRAVISA, and have not had any movement since then, please send an electronic mail to: jsf @ nic . in .

I will soon join dsufac as soon as my 6 long months of waiting period is over.

My 6 months wait period does got get over until beginning or the end of August, 2011.

I am counting my waiting period to be from acknowledgment month, which was month of February, 2011.

I know I am counting the time period a completely wrong way, but I am giving those slow moving pokes at the Houston Consulate a little more time than they deserve.

BAntony wrote,
oci granted...

My status changed to oci granted today. Please see signature for timeline.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------TIME LINE BELOW-------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Surrender ceritifacte
sc application received at cgi houston 09/09/2010
money order for sc cashed on 10/13/2010
surrender certificate received 12/17/2010

oci
oci application received at cgi houston 09/09/2010
cgi houston sent oci applciation back 12/17/2010 (asking for surrender certificate which they sent me a day before..!!!)
resubmitted oci application with surrender certificate on 12/21/2010
oci application acknowledged and photo scanned 12/23/2010
oci granted 06/27/2011

Congratulations!!!
At least you are giving all of us hope that Consulate General of India - Houston is looking at the applications that came before TRAVISA.
-Thanks for posting.

Finally, light at the end of the rather long OCI tunnel.....status changed to granted on 6/28 (including spouse & kid)......guess I have to wait for the print status....

Looking at the tracker again at immihelp today...seems that they are definitely clearing out the Dec'10 ack dates......noticed all the approvals from 6/14 quoted in my post below had the oci printed on 6/28 as well (exactly two weeks from the date of grant).

OCI tracker for Houston at immihelp seems to show some progress for applications sent in Sep' 2010 with and Scan date in Dec' 2010. Baby steps for sure....
4 approvals this month with 3 on 14th and one on the 23rd.....hopefully the misery will end soon.

Grant Date:06/28/2011 <<<< 6 months from ack :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, light at the end of the rather long OCI tunnel.....status changed to granted on 6/28 (including spouse & kid)......guess I have to wait for the print status....

Looking at the tracker again at immihelp today...seems that they are definitely clearing out the Dec'10 ack dates......noticed all the approvals from 6/14 quoted in my post below had the oci printed on 6/28 as well (exactly two weeks from the date of grant).

My status changed to OCI granted today. Please see signature for timeline.
Surrender Certificate Received 12/17/2010

OCI
OCI Application Received at CGI Houston 09/09/2010
CGI Houston sent OCI applciation back 12/17/2010 (Asking for Surrender Certificate which they sent me a day before..!!!)
Resubmitted OCI application with Surrender Certificate on 12/21/2010
OCI Application acknowledged and photo scanned 12/23/2010
OCI Granted 06/27/2011

Thank You guys for posting.
Both of you have started to bring hope to the people who are just like you patiently waiting in line. You both have brought the message that consulate general of india - houston does care about the people that came before TRAVISA. Be it late, but they getting it done not just sitting on it and forgetting about it.

-Thanks again.

Keep this forum updated with status.

Finally some movement on my case, 9 months after the Houston consulate recd my packet!!

PIO to OCI conversion timeline:
Appln recd at Houston Consulate- Sep-23-2010
Appln acknowledged/ scanned- Dec-25-2010
Registration granted- Jun-28-2011
Documents Printed- Jul-02-2011
Documents Dispatched- ?
Documents Received at HOUSTON- ?
Passport/ PIO card sent to Houston- ?
Passport/ OCI card recd- ?

Has anyone recently sent their passport to Houston for U visa stamping (pre-Travisa crowd)? How long after you sent your passport did CGI send it back to you?

Thanks.

Updating status with print date...

(
Print Date :07/02/2011

When i do receive the email from CGI Houston to send passport or collect in person, does the whole family have to appear in person, or it would be alright for just me to go and submit the passport? Do they usually return the passport with OCI Stamp the same day?

When i do receive the email from CGI Houston to send passport or collect in person, does the whole family have to appear in person, or it would be alright for just me to go and submit the passport? Do they usually return the passport with OCI Stamp the same day?

From reading previous posts ( its somewhere on this long particular thread ) that you are able to get yours and others in your family members' OCI booklet(s), as well as the VISAS affixed to yours as well as other family members passports without having the entire family present.

I do not see any strong reason as to why everyone in your family members must to go to the consulate to pick up their respective OCI booklets and get their visas affixed to their passports.

As far as how long it takes for consulate to affixed visas and issue you the oci booklets will depend on the consulate mood. I am not joking.

Please ask the lady at the front window, who is probably just twiddling with her fingers and bored out of her mind, how long it will take.

post back on this forum as to what action you took, and what were their ultimate results with details for others as a guidance.

-thanks