OCI - Houston Tracker

When I checked yesterday evening around 5 PM there was no update. Later around 9.30 PM EST I checked again and they put ACK date for me. My wife was so happy (she felt like she got OCI). More than 7 weeks wait for this update. Hopefully things will do little faster from now.

For my 2nd daughter, they put the ACK date as today. Not sure why they spilited the family based OCI to 2 different dates.

My OCI status:

Application form mailed by USPS on 02/08/08
Application Received at Houston on 02/11/08
Application Acknowledgment -- NOT YET

The OCI status website shows the latest update as:
Acknowledged File number - USAH00120708
Online Registration number - USAHI2133507

You can enter the File number in serial increasing order and keep track of which Online Registration Numbers Houston is working on at the moment.

Guys,

I recently filed for OCI and the number is like USAHI023****.

When I check OCI from my friends, their numbers are like USAHI213****

Can you tell me what series if your number in? After I filed Part A, that was the number it showed on the popup (And I think in printouts)

Thanks

TriSSB,

I tried like you said, but it looks like they ack USAHI2133507, but USAHI2133506 and USAHI2133505 was not ACKed at all

Here is how the File # is designed: <USA> - country; <HI> - Houston Indian Consulate; <99999> - Running Serial number ; <99> (last 2 digits) - year.

Last edited by a moderator:
JustLCed: Just curious, why there is a gap in # between your wife and son. You didn't use the Family - group category?

According to my calculation, within 2 or 3 days gap, 125 applications registered in 9 states that Houston support (not necessarily all might have posted before 1/26/08).

I did use family group category. The only thing I could think of is may be it was more than 2 to 3 day gap.Since it took 7 weeks for you I should et mine in another 2 weeks..Hopefully:)

JustLCed:
There are two numbers you can use to track status -
File(Acknowledgment) No. & Online Registration No.

Online Registration No. is the number that is assigned to your application when you fill in the form online. This doesn't necessarily mean that you mail the application to Houston right away and thus it is not tracked serially on their status website. You can in essence fill in the form today and get assigned a Online Registration No., and you wait to mail the application at a future date.

The File(Acknowledgment) No. is the number assigned to the file for applications received by Houston. This is what I used to check progress. Thus, applicants who filled in their applications online in 2007 may have waited for a few days/weeks to mail it in - these applicants get assigned the current File(Acknowledgment) No. but have the old Online Registration No. assigned to them on the date they filled in the app online. Therefore the serial discrepancy in the two status numbers.

What atloci mentioned is the format for the Online Registration No. - which is not tracked serially on the status website. The File(Acknowledgment) No. is used to track received applications serially. It's format is:
<USA> - country; <H> - Houston; <999999> - Running Serial number ; <99> (last 2 digits) - year

BTW my Online Registration No is USAHI012**08

The latest Online Registration No. on their website seems to be USAHI0056108, with a File(Acknowledgment) No. of USAH00119408. This file got acknowledged on 3/5/2008.

However, there is a Online Registration No. USAHI0256708 with a File(Acknowledgment) No. of USAH00114008 on the website. It seems like a unique case of (after the fact) website information update as the Date of Acknowledgment is 2/29/2008, and the date of Registration Status Granted is also 2/29/2008. This is the only anomaly in our theory of Serially tracking status updates!!!!! Go Figure!!!!

Here is how the File # is designed: <USA> - country; <HI> - Houston Indian Consulate; <99999> - Running Serial number ; <99> (last 2 digits) - year.

Thanks for the info. It makes sense now.
Are you from Atlanta? I see ATL in your handle :)

However, there is a Online Registration No. USAHI0256708 with a File(Acknowledgment) No. of USAH00114008 on the website. It seems like a unique case of (after the fact) website information update as the Date of Acknowledgment is 2/29/2008, and the date of Registration Status Granted is also 2/29/2008. This is the only anomaly in our theory of Serially tracking status updates!!!!! Go Figure!!!!

May a friend of somebody in consulate? ;)

looks like lot of people are doing research on File # and Registration #. :)

your guess is right, Yes, I am from Atlanta.

My Photo/Signature is scanned now. Any idea what stage Photo/Signature will be rejected?

JustLCed: Any update from your side? It's time for you now.

Still No Acknowledgement from Houston - 45 days passed

OCI application delivered by USPS: 01/26/2008

45 days passed, still no status update in Website. When called they told to wait more, nothing specific.

Any idea what to do.

DEB,

I have the same dates. delivered by USPS on 26th jan.
Still waiting for ACK.
If you look at "ATLOCI's" dates, we should get ours by March 19th

There is no update on my case as well. Not sure things are moving or not. All the officers went on vacation?

Still Waiting

What phone number did you guys calling Houston?