OCI - Houston Tracker

JustLCed: I see some movements. Today is holiday in India/Houston. Hopefully you will see your ack by next week.

I am still waiting for Granted status.

ATLOCI,

what dates did u see? I still dont see anything after Mar12. maybe the file registration sequence changed??

DEB,

Any update on ur side?

OCI Status

JustLCed: The latest File(Acknowledgment) No updated on the status site is USAH00161008, with Date Of Acknowledgment 25-MAR-2008

The latest File(Acknowledgment) No with OCI "Granted" is USAH00129208 which has Date Of Acknowledgment 11-MAR-2008

Finally after 60 days of wait, I got the ACK from Houston.
Atleast 60 is a good round figure :)

Application recieved in Houston 26 Jan
ACK from Houston March 25th
Website status updated on March 26th

Help please!

Will CGI Houston accepts passport size photos (2 X 2) for OCI application? anyone sent same size photos before? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
We took pictures at home with our digital camera (light background and minimal shadows), used photo software to crop them to 2"x2", put 4 of the same pics on a single 4"x6" frame and had them printed at Costco at 17 cents/sheet. Total cost for 4 of us: 68 cents! Just got our OCI docs back so they were obviously accepted.

Congrats JustLCed!! Crossed a major milestone. Hopefully within a week your photos/signature will be scanned.

After two weeks of wait they "Granted" my application. We are planning for India trip during 2nd week of May. Not sure I will get mine before that.

60 days over, no news

Still no acknowledgement. Wait is over 60 days. Do not know what is happening.

It is so nice to see a forum and a thread like this. It makes the waiting a little more manageable. Our details are:

Mailed in the application: Feb 29th, 2008
Received at consulate : Feb 29th, 2008 (Signed return receipt)

That is it for now.

So atleast 2 months for ack !!!
Plus time to get documents from Delhi and getting passport stamped (It takes them about 3-4weeks to put that stamp in passport). Even when visa processing is outsourced, no improvement in speed for other services :(

You could reduce the time for passport stamping by personally visiting the Houston Consulate. They do it the same day. This is ofcourse if you happen to be or live close to Houston anyway....

Nothing is mailed from Delhi.

Actually, there is nothing mailed from Delhi, its an electronic approval. Don't be surprised if you status changes within couple of days. Document printing etc is done locally.

I had a question for some of you with more knowledge on the process. I was trying to track the numbers getting updated everyday by increasing in sequential order and it seemed to be progressing well.

Since last Thursday, April 3rd, it seems to not have moved. The File number was USAH00185608. Another strange thing is that it got acknowledged and granted on the same day. Any ideas on what is going on?

Edited to add: As soon as I posted here, the website updated with bunch of numbers. The last file number I was able to go up to was USAH00192008

Last edited by a moderator:
OCI Timeline

Applied: 12/12/07
Ack: Feb 10th
Approved: 27th march
Waiting for my US Passport.

It makes me wonder why they take it 3-4 weeks when they can do the stamping in one day if u visit Houston locally.

Need appointment?

Yes, I wonder too why the personal visit to the consulate makes it faster?

Also, do you need to schedule an appointment for the stamping/pickup or can you pretty much drop in anytime after they inform you that the documents have arrived?

In other words, do they accept walk-ins?