OCI - Houston Tracker

TriSSB: Sorry to hear about your case. Did you send your papers again? Request them that you already waited for more than 60 days. They may speedup your case.

I am in final stage. I sent my PP's to Houston for stamping. My USPS reached safely. One week over.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I applied for OCI today by USPS express mail. I am settling down for a 3-month wait!!

I have had it good so far. My citizenship process took just under 5 months. Passport arrived within 7 days of applying by normal processing. Let's see if my luck continues with OCI !!

File number or online registration number?
If you applied for family members and applied together file number will be sequential.
So you can just enter teh next number on status page and verify teh name

Here are my details.

Application form mailed by USPS on 02/15/08
Application Received at Houston on 02/19/08
Application Acknowledgment -- 29-APR-2008

Finally Acknowledgment after 9 weeks !!!!

Application form mailed by USPS on 02/22/08
Application Acknowledgment -- 04/29/08

Let's see how long it takes to process now.

Congrats N400Atl
Today (Saturday) I got a call from Houston asking for soem more papers. I faxed it teh same day. Hopefully will get Granted status soon.

are they working on Saturday? Unbelievable.

Consulates have some staff on Saturdays (When you can get emergency visa/passport renewals) May be same staff handles some processing. Either case it is a good progress.

JustLCed, can you please tell us which papers they asked for? Just to make sure if we need to get those papers too.

For my Wife I provided the Birth Certificate and some educational documents from India. Unfortunately none of these had a nationalty column. So they asked for old Indian passport copy which she didn't had. Finally I dug up a old copy I had.

Just got OCI granted status. Hopefully I get it soon now
ACKed on March 25th
Granted on May 8th

Wow, congrats JustLCed, granted in 6 weeks :)

Please keep us updated when you mail your passport and when you get it stamped and all.

It is moving slowly !!! Though atleast moving I guess) We got ack on Apr29 but photos were not scanned until May 9. Last year, ack and photo/sig scan were 1 day apart. Oh well !!!

Finally everything is ready

Acked on feb 26th
Granted on May 8th
Printed on May 9th
dispatched on May 9th
documents back in Houston on May 15th

planning to drive to Houston to pick it up

Finally everything is ready

Acked on feb 26th
Granted on May 8th
Printed on May 9th
dispatched on May 9th
documents back in Houston on May 15th

planning to drive to Houston to pick it up

Congrats JustLCed,

Do you live nearby Houston? I agree pick up is better option but you have to take a day off right? (Drop passport in the morning and pick up in the evening) Good that you can do that :)

I was looking at the OCI Trackers for San Francisco and Chicago - and it looks like the processing is getting faster nowadays. Down from 2+ months to acknowledge to 1.5 months or even lesser.

How's Houston doing?

Don't know about other folks. Here are my details:

Sent Family OCI application (My spouse, me and our 3 year old daughter): April 4, 2008.
Still no acknowledgement.

How about others? Can other people post their timelines for Houston?

6 weeks!

My application was acknowledged in 6 weeks, I sent it in first week of April and it just got Acknowledged! So I am pretty happy. I think the consulates are making great strides in making everything streamlined. It started with online application for OCI, then outsourcing visa handling and now with online application for passports. There will always be exceptions, but the overall progress is encouraging and in step with the changes in India.

Nred:)

Don't know about other folks. Here are my details:

Sent Family OCI application (My spouse, me and our 3 year old daughter): April 4, 2008.
Still no acknowledgement.

How about others? Can other people post their timelines for Houston?
I mailed my application on Apt 4th also but have not seen acknowledgement.

For my app sent in Feb, it took then 9 weeks to ack. It seems it is getting better now a days. Still 6-7 weeks will be normal I guess. They seem to ack in a bunch (Instead of few each day)