• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

OC DV lottery 2024

Hey guys, Did you see the data from DV Charts? Suva Embassy has interviewed cases up to 2024OC1014. Only cases up till 2024OC875 were current for the month of Feb. What do you guys think about this???? Should we expect a bigger jump in the next Visa Bulletin?

Hey guys, Did you see the data from DV Charts? Suva Embassy has interviewed cases up to 2024OC1014. Only cases up till 2024OC875 were current for the month of Feb. What do you guys think about this???? Should we expect a bigger jump in the next Visa Bulletin?
Very interesting. I'll be following this post to find out more info on how someone can be interviewed before their CN becomes current.

Are you sure about what you’re saying? You do realize the embassy is not interviewing cases from the OC region only? There’s no way any embassy can interview cases which are above the cutoff number on the VB, they have no access to those as the KCC wouldn’t have forwarded such case files to the embassy.

Are you sure about what you’re saying? You do realize the embassy is not interviewing cases from the OC region only? There’s no way any embassy can interview cases which are above the cutoff number on the VB, they have no access to those as the KCC wouldn’t have forwarded such case files to the embassy.
There were numbers above 875 that were in 221g. My bad. I took it as they have been interviewed. If I am wrong then what does that mean?

I know that last year they moved interviews forward and those cases were put in 221g.

Cases you're talking about were invited in Jan for March interview. Yesterday was March 1. Cuttoff for OC for March is 1200.

Cases you're talking about were invited in Jan for March interview. Yesterday was March 1. Cuttoff for OC for March is 1200.
Thanks Xarthisius for clarifying.

My mistake. Some cases had February dates on them and it was odd to me that none of the cases above 875 were approved but in 221g status.

Thanks Xarthisius for clarifying.

My mistake. Some cases had February dates on them and it was odd to me that none of the cases above 875 were approved but in 221g status.
Also a high number of refused cases refused (4) for Suva in one day since the whole region had 22 cases refused for the last 5 months.

Actually I think Suva did interview some cases early.

They either did the Moscow thing (marking cases 221g in advance of the interview for security checks) OR they interviewed early. For instance OC1008 is in 221g and was put in that status on Feb 26. There are others updated to 221g on Feb 29. They might have rescheduled a few cases early, but of course they won't issue until March.

Why would they do that, well they might be trying to provide capacity to get their cases through asap. Just more reason to love Suva Embassy.

Actually I think Suva did interview some cases early.

They either did the Moscow thing (marking cases 221g in advance of the interview for security checks) OR they interviewed early. For instance OC1008 is in 221g and was put in that status on Feb 26. There are others updated to 221g on Feb 29. They might have rescheduled a few cases early, but of course they won't issue until March.

Why would they do that, well they might be trying to provide capacity to get their cases through asap. Just more reason to love Suva Embassy.
Will this affect the overall OC region? If Suva moves through their cases ASAP, could it potentially limit other countries in OC to issue visas (if Fiji takes a larger portion of them)?

Will this affect the overall OC region? If Suva moves through their cases ASAP, could it potentially limit other countries in OC to issue visas (if Fiji takes a larger portion of them)?
Well that would be the expectation anyway. Fiji has massively increased its selectees so that it now has a 4:1 ratio against Australia, 10:1 against NZ and so on. So it is perfectly natural that more visas will go to Fiji this year, and all the embassy is doing is making sure they keep up with the cases that go current. So no, there would not be an impact to the overall region unless we had seen Fiji being heavily backlogged, OR having a very unusually high refusal rate. Neither is true.

Well that would be the expectation anyway. Fiji has massively increased its selectees so that it now has a 4:1 ratio against Australia, 10:1 against NZ and so on. So it is perfectly natural that more visas will go to Fiji this year, and all the embassy is doing is making sure they keep up with the cases that go current. So no, there would not be an impact to the overall region unless we had seen Fiji being heavily backlogged, OR having a very unusually high refusal rate. Neither is true.
Thank you!