NZ PhD Student Visa, 5 Month Processing time

@vagonpoetry Hi , My visa officer also asked proof for date of birth certificate. I submitted my 10th marksheet copy and copy of Passport. and its work. So no need to go anywhere. just send your 10th marksheet copy and passport copy reardin proof of your DOB

Same Delay

Hi
I also applied for the student VISA to carry out my egree with full scholarship.
Mid Sep 2009 >>I have submitted the VISA application through EDWISE INTERNATIONAL .
Oct 22,20009 >>I got an email from EDWISE INTERNATIONAL saying that my application has been received by the immigration office on Oct7,2009 and it has been transferred to IPG for processing.
After that I didn’t get any update on my application. I resigned from my job also anticipating that I will get my VISA in December.
My scholarship deadline was December 1st 2009. Still I didn’t get my V ISA.I don’t know long t long they
will hold the scholarship for me. I am so depressed and worried.

Same Delay

I also applied for the student VISA to carry out my PhD degree with full scholarship.
Mid Sep 2009 >>I have submitted the VISA application through EDWISE INTERNATIONAL .
Oct 22,20009 >>I got an email from EDWISE INTERNATIONAL saying that my application has been received by the immigration office on Oct7,2009 and it has been transferred to IPG for processing.
After that I didn’t get any update on my application. I resigned from my job also anticipating that I will get my VISA in December.
My scholarship deadline was December 1st 2009. Still I didn’t get my V ISA.I don’t know long t long they

I also applied for the student VISA to carry out my PhD degree with full scholarship.

Don't worry , this delay is not from ur side and is basically due to immigration department side, so just send emails to ur supervisor and international , scholarship OFFICES, they will grant u more time, and will keep the scholarship for long.

In this thread u will find many other students who did the same.

My personal advice to you is to join some temporary job , cuz the whole visa process takes around 6 months in most of the cases. It will help u to stay away from this unnecessary visa botheration.

Cheers

@RenukaShanmugam Hi I also got PHD with scholarship. Ist thin U should do. Ist to enroll yourself at University as soon as possible. U can enroll urself even from ur country itself. Because after to enroll yourself your position be secure to next 4 month. My supervisor told me this only. my scholarship deadline was October 31, 2009. and U also try to know that Visa officer has been allocated to U or not through NZ immiration online help contact us. Because after to ask you further documents from visa officer they take atleast atleast one month. IF your officer still not be allocated then for your visa it'll take further 2-3 month more. or if your visa officer has been allocated then we can hope.. u can get ur visa end of January. I enrolled myself before Octrober 31, 2009 . I think this information 'll assist U.

@Renuka First of all, take my advice, don't worry... Just go through the above posts and you would come to know how to contact Immigration NZ through a proper channel. In this way, they certainly reply. I adviced this to other forum members too and they got replies.

Second, Your visa officer has certainly been allocated. Just follow my above advice, contact them and get to know yourself. When someone's visa officer get's allocated, the INZ don't send the applicant an email. But if you contact them through their Online Help Facility, you can get to know your application's actual status. But i am sure of that.

Third, since this is a public forum, i would avoid giving too much advices in here. Like i advice to all other forum members, why don't you send me an email to my id nitjsr_2004@yahoo.com and we can connect. We can discuss our situations in detail.

And one more advice. I would advise you to conceal your original identity in a public forum like this. I hope you are already aware of identity theft.

Good luck! :)

Guys i got this important document on the student visa success/decline rate from the Immigration NZ, Beijing Website. Check it out!!!! The surprising fact is that i found that a small percentage of applicants who received full scholarship were also declined. This is very surprising indeed.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/r...61239/0/S1StudentAppsDecidedbyFY30Nov2009.pdf

and click this link for more visa infos.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branch/BeijingBranchHome/Checklists/studentvisafaq.htm

i hope this helps...

@Triple Citizen, Thanks for your post. I appreciate your clarification on the decline reason. Nevertheless, can you kindly highlight the security and immigration intent related concerns in details in here, so that it would also help other forum members? Thanks for your time, cooperation and support, in advance.

What I meant was basically this. Applicants with full scholarships have been denied student visas. In other words, their visas were not denied for the fear that they might not be able to provide for themselves. The most likely reasons were either security or immigrant intent related. In other words, either the consul was not convinced that the scholarship student will leave NZ after his/her studies are over. Or the applicant's name appeared on some security watch list.

Nevertheless, can you kindly highlight the security and immigration intent related concerns in details in here

@Triple Citizen.. Is that possible that a full scholarship student's name can be found on a security database?? I mean, those guys, heaven's forbid are all like geeks, i really doubt if they would partake in these kind of security breaches. But, again, i never know. I am an inexperienced kid in this and there might be, that they are connected to some organizations. BTW, you have any idea if there is any Universal rule for the Embassies of different countries to check which databases??? Also, i had one more query. Do Embassies of different countries share immigration/non-immigration visa informations with each other? say US and UK or UK and Australia etc. Isn't it against data protection and privacy act???

A specific geek may not be in the database, but a person with the same (or very similar name) may be. For example, suppose John Smith wins a scholarship and applies for a student visa. Also suppose that there is a different John Smith on a watchlist. Next step would be to check other facts, like DOB, height, place of birth, etc to rule out that the student is not the person on the watch list. However at times, it may not be possible to rule that person out simply because the watchlist only has a name and nothing else. In that case, rather than risk his/her country's security, the consul will simply deny the visa.

@Triple Citizen.. Is that possible that a full scholarship student's name can be found on a security database?? I mean, those guys, heaven's forbid are all like geeks, i really doubt if they would partake in these kind of security breaches.

Yes. Canada and US share all such information. The EU members share their watchlists and blacklists. These days, security comes above data protection and privacy rights!!!

Do Embassies of different countries share immigration/non-immigration visa informations with each other? say US and UK or UK and Australia etc. Isn't it against data protection and privacy act???

@Triple Citizen, got it. Thanks, BTW, do they share infos regarding all visas or just some specific cases, like refugees/ some other critical cases? Cuz on August, there was a common treaty involving US, UK, Canada, Australia that they would share biometric/fingerprint infos of certain visa categories eg. refugees etc and not all and that too, these records would be destroyed once the checking is done. As far as i am concerned this is the closest that some of the major countries have come across sharing personal infos of visa applicants. Do you know specific instances or cases, based on which you can say that this info sharing stuff is actually legal. I don't think, that's legal. Its against privacy policies, albeit it helps avoids security breaches.

Speaking based on personal experience, Canada and the US share a lot of information. This includes even car registrations :)

Do you know specific instances or cases, based on which you can say that this info sharing stuff is actually legal. I don't think, that's legal. Its against privacy policies, albeit it helps avoids security breaches.

@Triple Citizen, Thanks for sharing the infos. BTW, do UK and US/Canada share infos. Any idea?? :) I think, they don't except a few watchlists and blacklists. You got any idea on this???

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pretty sure they do. However I have not witnessed it in my own experience. Canada/US sharing of information I witness everytime I cross the border, usually 3-4 times a year.
Just for those waiting for visas, remember, regardless how long it takes, there will always be someone else whose wait will be longer. I once had to wait 22 months for a visit visa.

BTW, do UK and US/Canada share infos. Any idea?? :) I think, they don't except a few watchlists and blacklists. You got any idea on this???

I am still waiting for the completion of verification. What about others?

@Forevermark. I hope that you have got Visa till now and will be preparing to go to NZ. Good luck !!

@Triple Citizen, you waited for 22 months for a visitor visa??? gosh! for which country? Do you mind sharing your experience of it in here, citing the reason for which the delay took place? I am so sorry for that delay, anyway.