NYC RIR Status

Approval

Hi Guys
Got my approval on 18th June. (RIR EB3 16th April, Qry- advertisement, in last week of March, responded on 4th May)
If you are following you can read my messages for detail.

I wanted to get some opinion (if anyone has done it). I will be filing my I140 soon. I heard that if you specify CP right now you can easily change it to AOS when you get your I140 approved. Is that true? Is there any paperwork involved or delay if I do that. I wanted to make decision if choosing between CP and AOS at the time of filing 485 depending on how soon my 140 gets cleared. My first preference is AOS since it will not be possible to go to India, however, if 140 takes more then expected, I will go to India.
Let me know if anyone has done it. Most of the people are converting from AOS to CP but that delays and requires some paper work.

tr - I 140 info

Congrats about labor. I went through the I-140 decision making process last month. My lawyer said that specifying CP will leave your options open for later. But if you specify AOS, then you have to file another form to change that to CP that could delay the process.

No Title

So did you file 140 specifying CP as your option?
Is your 140 cleared yet? What stage you are in right now? I guess then I will go with the same option.
Let me know the detail about process on converting from CP to AOS. Is there any link where I can get information on this?

tr - I 140 info

tr - you might want to post your question on the I-140 discussion board, you might get more answers.

To answer your question, I filed I-140 specifying CP option end of May. 140 used to take about 2-3 months, but just recently the Vermont center updated this saying it could take up to 6 months now to approve 140 cases, because they have started to do some kind of background security check. Sucks!

If you apply with CP option, you can change to AOS without filing any new forms. But if you apply with AOS option, then you have to file I-824 to convert to CP, which could take about 8 months and more paper work. So, my lawyer suggested we file with CP option and then change to AOS later, if we want to.

Good Luck!

congrats tr.

do u happen to know what u\'r prioroty date was? if so please post,my priority date was april 26th, & so far i havent heard anything from sesa. thanks.

Fathi

Hi, was wondering if your attorney has called up NY Swa/SESA to figure out whats going on. I understand that they are looking at cases from april 26/27, 2001.

keep the faith

Fathi

Hi, was wondering if your attorney has called up NY Swa/SESA to figure out whats going on. I understand that they are looking at cases from april 26/27, 2001. keep the faith

is this true "they are looking at cases from april 26/27, 2001"?

if so, we can expect they finish the April case by the end of the year, which is great.

heard from somewhere that they will be working on case before April 20th till the end of the year -- hope this is wrong.

YR

From what I understand - the sheer volume on cases mailed on the last few days of April is so high - it could take NY SESA the rest of the year to go through. However, if they are able to fill their empty analyst positions - they could speed up somewhat. This is my lawyer's analysis from what he has seen and/or heard from SESA officials.

No Title

If I go for I-824 option, how much will be the cumulative time. Will it be still less then Applying through 485. If I were to arrange timing in Desc order where it would fit in?

I485 (12-16 months after 140)
CP( 2-6 months after 140)

jrinny.

hi, thanks for the support, but do u think its likely that if TR, with prioroty date of 16 th got approval on the 18th june, my date is 26th, & r they working on 26 &27 now? hope its true, thanks again.

Fathi

You are welcome. If you look at TR's post - s/he got a query in the last week of march - I think your case may be in the process of being adjudicated at NY SESA any time now.

Keep us posted :)

Fathi

You are welcome. If you look at TR\'s post - s/he got a query in the last week of march - I think your case may be in the process of being adjudicated at NY SESA any time now. Keep us posted :)

APPROVED

NY RIR APPROVED

Filed on 04/30/2001
SESA RFE ON: middle of May/2002

The SESA RFE was sent around middle of May to ask us to re-post internally for 10 days about the new prevailing wages

We mailed our respons on 6-11-02 and NY SESA forwarded to regional DOL on 7/8/02

I got the email response that say that the case is CERTIFIED on 7/15/02.

We are waiting to get the offcial mail approval notice to file I-140 which may be 5 to 10 days away.

Best of luck to who are still waiting.