NYC RIR Status

I always get confused when some says he has "case number" for Labor cert.

In NY-RIR labor cert. , dept do not send any receipt of filing so how can one get case number ?

Can any one pls advise me ?
Thanks

Allright here are your choices

Use an approved LC and file for an I-140 - in which case u run the risk of the I-140 being denied in case you have different skill sets/qualifications than whats written on the LC. However, nothing prevents you (as far as I know) from using your own LC when it is approved to file again.

Check with the attorney handling your case always, info here is not from lawyers.

jrinny,
I think I miscommunicated my question.

Can you advise me on the question I had on previous thread with regards to "how to know case number for NY-RIR when you don't get any receipt of labor filing" ? .
I just want to check the status of Labor cert filed on 04/29/01. So far me/lawyer have not heard any thing from NY SESA.
Thanks

For Haresh

The previous message was for atl.., in response to your query - NY SESA does not send any receipts. You cannot call up SESA so\ince your company "owns" the LC and not you. However, either someone from your company or your lawyer can call up and find from SESA (goodluck trying to get somebody to do that!).

To answer the other part of your question - I am trying to find the same answers. My attorney feels they are are processing cases from April 27/April 30 (28 and 29 being the weekend) 2001. He is receiving approvals from cases filed back then. I have not been able to corroborate that from anyone else, though there are a few april 30 approvals on this board. My best guess is that your case might be close to be adjudicated at NY SESA. However, I have also heard of cases where they might be misplaced in which case a call from your attorney can help sort that out (I just read that on another forum).

My only worry is that with the economy being the way it is, the sooner you get your cases certified the better.

I can only suggest you get somebody to call and find some answers. In the meantime if I hear anything I will let you know.

I hope that answers your queries.

good luck

To Faith718 and others

Faith718,

My LC has been approved on 7/23/02. The process I have been gone through is the the following:

File date as you know: 4/17/02
PD date: 4/20/02
Ref: 5/22/02
Ref replied on: 7/5/02
Certified on: 7/23/02

I am not in IT industry. The Ref is regarding the Prevailing Wage and my job description. The SESA claimed my job description contains some restrictive requirements and ask my company to remove them. I did what they asked for.

I was surprised that only take 3 weeks for SESA and the Regional office to response positively.

It has been a long waiting for us since last April. Hope you get good news soon.

A nice news heard recently is that 140 and 485 can be filed concurrently. Good for everyone here.

Good luck to you and all others!

Re: To Faith718 and others

Sorry for the messup with the date. Correct ones should be the following:

File date as you know: 4/17/01
PD date: 4/20/01

Originally posted by JoeyY
Faith718,

My LC has been approved on 7/23/02. The process I have been gone through is the the following:

File date as you know: 4/17/02
PD date: 4/20/02

I am not in IT industry. The Ref is regarding the Prevailing Wage and my job description. The SESA claimed my job description contains some restrictive requirements and ask my company to remove them. I did what they asked for.

I was surprised that only take 3 weeks for SESA and the Regional office to response positively.

It has been a long waiting for us since last April. Hope you get good news soon.

A nice news heard recently is that 140 and 485 can be filed concurrently. Good for everyone here.

Good luck to you and all others!

EB2 May /2/2001 Waiting

EB2 May/2/2001 still waiting.
Does anyone has any idea when are they going to start May.:confused:

Good Luck to everyone in April 2001 timeframe.

EB2 May 02/2001 Waiting

Based on the conversation I had with my attorney, they said atleast give two months (Probably beginning of october) for the cases filed in May 2001 to come in for processing. As of now SESA - NY is processing the last week of April-2001.

I know this is frustrating even I myself in May-16-2001. I guess we don't have a choice but to wait. Let's hope they don't send any RFE's which will delay the case further.

joey y, haresh.

CONGRATS, joey-y, god, arent u glad its over? thanks for posting u'r good news, im waiting, as always. good luck for the next step.
haresh, hi,i found out my case # coz the lawyer called & found out, i too didnt recieve the recipt, from sesa, my priority date too my lawyer found from sesa. but it doesnt matter, as long as u'r lawyer calls & confirms that u'r application was recieved by them. good luck,

Ur lawyer is too optimistic person.

Hey Bullbull,

I think your lawyer has given a good date but u shud take it as minimum not as maximum - this will save u from frustration too. seems nyc will move ahead in nov-dec at the earliest.

RIR/NJ

I filed for LC RIR/NJ on 4/22/01 and still waiting. I don't even have a case no. will someone provide some info as to when can I expect a decision?
thanks

Updates

Joey - Congrats!! Nice to hear that your long and painful wait is over :). Fathi - you are next!!

Keep the chin up guys!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Received RFE

Hi!

My cousin received RFE from NY SESA yesterday

Date Mailed : 4/23/01

Yesterday he received mail from his lawyer that NY SESA has asked for further documents

1) Unemploment Insurance ID #

2) Provide Federal Income Tax Return copy of employer

3) How many employees are currently employed & what was the gross revenue for 2000 & 2001

Anybody received similar RFE? Please comment...

He is gonna mail response next week sometime

Thanks

Samina

Monthly Attorney Update

My attorney is getting a lot of April 30 approvals from NY. He feels that they might be doing better than their own forecast of year end - but will get a better picture when they have their quarterly meeting with the DOL/SWA reps.

On another note - He did indicate that IT related professions are getting more attention from DOL in this economy, however, he is still getting a lot of approvals.

:)

later then

NY LC RIR INFO

Hi

wanted to know if the DOL is giving RD for new LC applications. MY LC application (EB2, RIR) was posted from my attorney's office on May 28, 2002. My attorney has not given me any receipt details. Any info , experience to share with us about NY LC app?

Thanks

Canandiya

NY SWA (SESA to old timers) doesnt send you any acknowledgement when they receive your case. Your attorney or your company' s HR dept. (but not you) can call up and find the case number from NY SWA. Although, you will not gain anything by just knowing the case number, since you cant follow up at NY SWA with that, and NY DOL has a different case no. assigned when it moves there. In the mean time just watch this thread to see the progress of other members. NY SWA is still stuck in April 2001 cases, once it passes april, it should speed up considerably. About when it passes april 30, 2001 - that is the million dollar question, best estimate - some time in the next 3 months.

hope that answers your questions. Good luck and keep everyone informed of your progress - thats about the best way to help everyone here in this forum.

Updates?

Monthly update on DOL's web site shows no change in processing dates.

I am certainly not holding my breath to hear about my case filed on May 11. :)

Re: Re: To Faith718 and others

JoeyY,
Could you please kindly answer my question?
You mentioned your REF also had query on your
prevailing wages, what is this query about?
How did you and your lawyer deal with it then?

I am much concerned about my prevailing wages
for LC since it is low (just a little above Level
II, far less than level I). I am afraid that SESA
will require Level I salary on me even my position
is at junior level.

Thanks a million!

Originally posted by JoeyY
Sorry for the messup with the date. Correct ones should be the following:

File date as you know: 4/17/01
PD date: 4/20/01