NSC / St. Paul ( MN) timeline

The person who designed that page is really messed up in the head i agree... i think they meant duluth, fergus fall and others... because there is even st cloud under it.. the oaths under minneapolis/st paul i think are big ceremonies, not sure though

Got my oath letter today! Oath is scheduled for 07/15/09. Location is Bethel College, St.Paul. 21 freaking months, since I mailed my application. Many thanks to this forum, really helped me keep my stuff together.

You did much better than me. Mine took almost 29 months!!

Congratulations and celebrate!

AP

Done with the oath at Bethel College, St.Paul on 07/15/09. Oath was scheduled at 10:30 AM, we were asked to check in by 8:30 AM. I was there an hour in advance and there was already a long line. I believe 702 people took oath yesterday and another 700 were scheduled for the afternoon. I was too dazed, the ceremony was over a little before 11:30. I took the day off, so I went to the social security office to update my status and also submitted my application for passport at USPS.
As someone said, 'It is the journey, not the destination'. This has been an interesting journey for me: 1 year and 9 months.

Bloomington, MN/ USCIS District Office

My interview was on 8/20/09, Thursday 1:50pm. Interivew materials were well-prepared. Went into the interview with an officier obviously an immigrant herself. She's very tough and even rude to me since the beginning, askied me about my nationality, and wanted me to clarify why my nationality "Taiwan" is not printed on the passport, and I had to explained about that how USA identified the country as "Taiwan", instead of Republic of China on the front page of my passport. I was finally able to point out the country code on the F-1 visa US issued as "TWN", then she's ok with it. Second issue, she's going on my trips of leaving the country. Apparently she didn't read the lines between N-400 application herself. So I had to do another calculation and explained about my total trips out of US for the past 5 years and the trip I took after my permanent residency. Which there were only 2 for the past 5 years and only 1 after my permanent residency. The entire time, her strong accent made me wonder how she could pass the language test herself. I spoke pretty fluent and accent-free English myself and have always worked with people from all over the world, but I had really difficult time to understand her throughout the entire interview. Third issue she railed on me really hard was about my student visa back in 2003. Since her accent is so strong, I couldn't understand a word of what she's saying, I asked her to repeat the question a couple times. Finally I felt she just lost it, she started to treat me like I was illegal to get in the country through my student visa, which is totally not true. Finally I realized her question, she wanted to know if I had ever violated the student visa that the US government issued to me. So I repeated the wording she gave me and clearly answered: "No, I had never violated the student visa that the US goverment issued to me"...then she let go the topic. I felt she's trying to trick me into saying something very wrong. Meanwhile she was writing everything down on the copy of N-400. We went through the reading and writing test. Then she said she would ask the entire 6 questions of the civic test. So she did. I had past the tests. At the end, she said she would like to go over the application answers again, so she asked me one more time about the student visa (Obviously, she's not satisified about my answers earlier.) This time, fortunatelly, she asked the right question, and I was able to understand her correctly. She asked: "Have I ever worked in US illegally under your student visa?" So I answered: "No, I had never worked in US illegally under my student visa." Finally she smiled, and wrote the entire sentence down word by word on the copy of N-400, then she said: "This is the exact answer I was looking for." Phew~ Thank Goodness! She congratulated me, and said I had past the tests. She gave me the N-652 with the application is recommended to get approval checked (You may wonder, the N-652 was printed in it's own letterhead without the N-652 printed on it. And [X] were pre-printed. But she used her red ballpoint pen "X" out the choices one more time.) Even after my interview, I was still not very certain about the outcome of this interview since she's so tough on me. Until 8/26/09 Wed., I had received the oath notice N-445, the big stone in my mind was finally disappeared. My entire wait time is 139 days till the oath date. I was lucky no matter what. I appreciate this forum, how many reading materials had provided me. In the most luckiest date 9/9/09....I will become an U.S citizen. Timeline is attached. Hopefully that will be helpful to the new immigrants.

04/21/09 (0) N-400 sent
04/23/09 (0) RD
04/27/09 (4) ND
05/05/09 (12) FP/Bio notice
05/29/09 (36) FP/Bio
07/06/09 (74) Rec'd Interview notice
08/20/09 (119) Interview (Pass w/N-652)
08/25/09 (124) N-445 Oath ND
08/26/09 (125) N-445 RD
09/09/09 (139) Oath ceremony in MN disctrict court, Minneapolis, MN

Total Wait Time: 4 Months 19 Days

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Fonzie, I have almost the exact time line as you (Sent 5/20, fingerprints on 4/28, IL received on 7/6 and interview on 8/20 in bloomington, MN), and I was recommended for approval. But as of yet i didn't receive my oath letter yet. Did you do a name change by any chance? I did a name change because of my middle name (mismatch between dob and greencard) and i wonder if that can somehow cause a delay, as far as I know, MN has only judicial oaths and I had hoped to be in the sept 9 oath as well. Thanks

Hi PuffyBunny,
No name change needed. You might be right on that one, anything that requires more steps for the officers would cause extra delay. I think that's an Iron Law to all the immigration officers. As of today, have you gotten your oath letter yet? I have only 1 day left to become US Citizen. I am wishing you the best, hopefully this will all come to an end to you soon. Good Luck to you!

Hey Fonzie, thanks for the reply and am glad the journey is coming to and end for you today :D:D... I am still waiting for my oath letter :(... i will hopefully get it by the end of next week otherwise i will schedule an info pass to check if my application is not collecting dust on some supervisor's desk.

Hi PuffyBunny,
Hate to say this to you...:(
USCIS immigration officer has 120 days from the interview date to make their decision. So far it's only 21 days, not until 12/18 (120 days) it's the best you keep waiting patiently. Once you receive the letter, all your worry will be gone...and all you will remember is the wonderful ceremony you are going to have! Keep positive and cheer up! You're on the last step! Good luck to you!

St Paul MN N-400 timeline

Went pretty straightforward for N-400 using Bloomington Minnesota office:

Send in application on June 1st, 2009
Fingerprints in July
Interview on September 4th
Oath (today) September 28

There was a little mix up in that somehow I was on the list for earlier oath but never got notified.

Total time about 120 days

Anyone applied recently?

Hi

We have just sent our applications to the Phoenix Lockbox and are wondering what the timelines are for folks who have applied recently.

Thanks and good luck to all
kharghosh

Received Oath letter

June 04 - Permanent Resident (Employment based)
DO- St. Paul, MN

09/25/09- N-400 Mailed Lewisville, TX
09/28/09- N-400 Delivered @ Lewisville, TX
10/02/09- Checks cashed
10/01/09- PD
10/02/09- NOA date
10/09/09- NOA received
10/10/09-FP notice received
10/30/09-FP appointment
11/09/09-IL notice received
11/20/09: YL received (Just asking me to bring the drivers license)
12/17/09-ID (Received approval letter)
12/30/09- OL
01/27/10-OD Scheduled

Benb,

are you sure that your oath is on 01/26/10? because when I see the Naturalization Schedule - 2010 for MN, it say 01/27/10.

Hi there
Where do you see the naturalization schedules ? I am far from that stage, but am curious.

Thanks
kharghosh

Hi Mohammad

WHen did you get your Oath Letter and when was your oath ( I am assuming you are done).
I just had my interview today and they told me it would take 2-3 months for the oath.

Here's my timeline:
DO St Paul MN
12-01-09 - N400 mailed - Phoenix AZ
12-02-09 - N400 Received
12-02-09 - Priority date
12-07-09 - Check cashed
12-17-09 - LUD change (RFE mailed on 12-15-09)
1-5-10 - walk in FP
1-9-10 - Yellow Letter
1-11-10 - Scheduled FP date
1-19-10 - email update "case sent for standard interview", online status updated to "testing and interview"
2-25-10 - Interview date- done and "Recommended for Approval"

thanks
kharghosh