NSC / St. Paul ( MN) timeline

Yes, you can definitely request a name change at the interview. In order to do that reprint your application page which contains that option and hand it to the interviewing officer who will replace the new one with the old page(s).

It is much easier to do name change through naturalization ceremony. If you change your name, make sure that at the ceremony you get an extra sheet of paper in your packet that contains the court order authorizing name change as part of the naturalization ceremony.

I had the same problem - first and last names reversed in the Indian passport (which I now got corrected on my new passport through and Observation made on one of the pages). Also my Indian Birth Certificate only has my first initial followed by the last name.

I did not fill the other names used question assuming it was meant to be for "using other names after Green Card". My application is still pending. Shoudl I go ahead and do this now? before the interview or can I just mention this at the interview and not face any additional delays due to name check etc?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

AP

I would believe that the other names you have used should figure in the N-400 application when the petition is being reviewed.

BTW, i filed my petition on Feb 7 and got a FP notice for this Friday

NSC + St. Paul, MN Center / N400
FD: 02/07/08
RD: 02/11/08
PD: 02/11/08
FP: 02/29/08 - St. Paul

A follow up question on the name change:
Can anyone let me know whether name change during a naturalization ceremony is effective only when held in court and not otherwise? Since i opted for a name change, will it take longer to wait for an oath ceremony held in a court? do i need witnesses during this process? would appreciate an update on the St Paul DO rules on name change.

Thanks!

Some states such as MN have only federal judge oath administered ceremonies, so you will not face any additional delays if you have a name change included as part of your naturalization ceremony. You don't need any witness. Any name you want and your naturalization certificate will have it:)

I would believe that the other names you have used should figure in the N-400 application when the petition is being reviewed.

BTW, i filed my petition on Feb 7 and got a FP notice for this Friday

NSC + St. Paul, MN Center / N400
FD: 02/07/08
RD: 02/11/08
PD: 02/11/08
FP: 02/29/08 - St. Paul

A follow up question on the name change:
Can anyone let me know whether name change during a naturalization ceremony is effective only when held in court and not otherwise? Since i opted for a name change, will it take longer to wait for an oath ceremony held in a court? do i need witnesses during this process? would appreciate an update on the St Paul DO rules on name change.

Thanks!

Has anybody applied in MN around Septemebr/October received their IL ?.

Looks like St Paul DO is slow when compared to other State DO's.

Whether you do it now or at the ceremony there is likely to be delays because by informing USCIS that you used other names after the name check process, it will result in your name check being done again and causing delays. Doing at the oath at least means your file is transferred to the local office which is much more approachable and efficient than the Service Centers.

I had the same problem - first and last names reversed in the Indian passport (which I now got corrected on my new passport through and Observation made on one of the pages). Also my Indian Birth Certificate only has my first initial followed by the last name.

I did not fill the other names used question assuming it was meant to be for "using other names after Green Card". My application is still pending. Shoudl I go ahead and do this now? before the interview or can I just mention this at the interview and not face any additional delays due to name check etc?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

AP

Has anybody applied in MN around Septemebr/October received their IL ?.

Looks like St Paul DO is slow when compared to other State DO's.

I had my FP on 12/29/07 and still no Interview Letter. I was in India the last 2 months and had a friend monitor the mailbox, I was beginning to wonder if it had gotten misplaced or something, but apparently not.

CardNotgreen,

Is it ok to go to India when you haven't done your Interview?.
I saw some postings that you need to be in US until your Interview is done.

CardNotgreen,

Don't know of any such limitation, maybe other members can chime in. The only reason, I can think of, is that people did not want to miss their interview date.

CardNotgreen,

No, you are free to travel while your N-400 is pending. Just make sure to update your application with your latest travel when you go to the interview (i.e. for travel that occurred after you applied, but before your interview). Have to do the same thing if you travel after your interview but before your oath.

See my info below...Still waiting for IL. Looks like St Paul DO is very slow when compared to other cities DO.

Received notification for Finger printing. Never got Notice Letter.. do not know why??? My LIN starts with *00... I check online and there is information about my case.

I had my FP on 12/29/07 and still no Interview Letter. I was in India the last 2 months and had a friend monitor the mailbox, I was beginning to wonder if it had gotten misplaced or something, but apparently not.

Not sure if anyone has seen this, especially: "In particular, naturalization applications filed after June 1, 2007 may take approximately 14-16 months to process."

Looks like St.Paul DO has gotten slow, given that the volume of naturalization applicants has doubled last year.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=64

I saw that and why only St Paul DO is hit with that. Are there so many applications to process. One of my friend who applied end of july is still waiting for his IL .
I am planning to take an infopass appointment and see what the heck is happening.

Good luck and let the Lady luck shine on us.

I saw that and why only St Paul DO is hit with that. Are there so many applications to process. One of my friend who applied end of july is still waiting for his IL .
I am planning to take an infopass appointment and see what the heck is happening.

Good luck and let the Lady luck shine on us.

Infopass is useless. The only possible use that can come out of it is to establish that you tried everything possible (in case you get stuck in NC pipeline) before filing for a WOM.

Else, they don't tell you much, if anything.

AP

Please let us know if anybody from St Paul/MN who recieved IL .It has been a waiting game.

I called USCIS and was not lucky enuf to talk to an IO. I was told the standard answere that it will take 15 months for processing . I am planning for an Infopass now..

Finally I got my Interview letter today 04/14/2008 . My interview is on 05/22/08.
I am planning to go on vacation in first week of June for couple months.
How will I get my oath postponed?
Does it put my citizenship at stake or will I be given next oath day ?

Just curious ....

Interview Letter

I have been a regular reader in this forum. Never posted anything. Since both my wife and I received interview letters this week, I thought I will share the details that might help someone who is waiting for their interview letter. It looks like St. Paul DO is making some progress in processing the application.

DO : St. Paul
N400 Application sent to NSC : Sep 18 2007
Priority Date : Sep 24 2007
Finger Print Date : Dec 12 2007
Interview letter received : April 14 2008
Interview Date : May 19 2008