NSC - Plastic Tracker

What should I do at this point?

Hi,

I would like to know what steps are necessary for GC applicant after getting I-551 stamp on the passport?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Mugdha

cgf2002 said:
Before receiving the physical card, can we change a new social security card after passport stamping? If yes, what documents are needed? Current card shows "Valid for Employment only with DHS authorization". Anyone knows, thanks.

Yes you can go to any SS office and apply for the same.
No extra documents your passport in which stamping is there,
old ss card and may be your ID.
It is very simple. Once you apply they take your old card and send
new card by mail within 3-4 weeks.
Good luck
ARB123

mugdha2100 said:
Hi,

I would like to know what steps are necessary for GC applicant after getting I-551 stamp on the passport?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Mugdha

Nothing wait for the card to mail and if you wish you can go for
new SS card where permitted to work with INS permission will
not be there.
See my other quote on new SS card
Good luck
ARB123

LUDs after PP Stamping

Hi,

I got my PP stamped on 20th Dec. Then LUD changed on 23rd. It changed again today on 27th. But there is no change in status. Can any one share their experiences reg LUD and status changes after PP stamping. Thanks.

We had our passports stamped on Dec 23rd. No LUD yet. Will keep posted. Does any one know what is the average wait time. My cousin who has his processing center in CA, got his within 3 weeks after stamping.
Too optimistic to have such expectations in NE, isn't it?

IDreams,
great job maintaining this thread and keeping the information updated in the spreadsheet. my case status changed on 12/24/04 to "card ordered", on 12/28/04 to "card order completed and mailed", and finally the plastic showed up in my mailbox today. please go ahead and update your spreadsheet with my information if you like. the entry for my approval and/or stamping date should already be there.
good luck, all!

Last edited by a moderator:
For IDReams

Hi Idreams,

Thanks for maintaining the spread sheet. On 22nd Dec (Message # 377), you updated my info in the spreadsheet and I could see that in spread sheet with that message. But when I looked at the current spread sheet, which is updated today, it does not have my info. Looks like we have a version problem or some thing similar. Can you look into it and fix the same. Thanks.

sunks said:
Hi Idreams,

Thanks for maintaining the spread sheet. On 22nd Dec (Message # 377), you updated my info in the spreadsheet and I could see that in spread sheet with that message. But when I looked at the current spread sheet, which is updated today, it does not have my info. Looks like we have a version problem or some thing similar. Can you look into it and fix the same. Thanks.

Dear sunks,

I am sorry for this. Now I fix it. The reason was that some one updated his infor by himself and I just follow up. You can check the file size.
:D

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
no stamp, but received the card on 12/31/2004

I-485 Approved on 11/15/04, no stamp, received the card on 12/31/2004

IDreams said:
Dear sunks,

I am sorry for this. Now I fix it. The reason was that some one updated his infor by himself and I just follow up. You can check the file size.
:D

Thanks.
Thanks IDreams. I think it is a good idea if only one person (ie. IDreams) update the spread sheet. That way we will have better control. All members may put their info in message and request IDreams to update it. Great Job IDreams.

Hi all,

I'm new to this group. Got my passport stamped yesterday. The officer said that it could take any where between 30 days to a year for the plastic card to arrive. She said that they will send out my info this Friday (doesn't mean much, right?).

Regarding the SSN card - I read that no other documents are needed except the passport (with the stamp). Has any one changed their SSN card recently? Any problems with it?

Since it is good for one person to update the spreadsheet, IDreams, could you please update my info?

Thanks much.

gchopeful2005

Updated with your infor.

Thanks ;)

Q:
Regarding the SSN card - I read that no other documents are needed except the passport (with the stamp). Has any one changed their SSN card recently? Any problems with it?

A:
Waiting one week then take your passport and your SSN card to change a new one. :D

I dreams .. can you update the spread sheet with my info.

gchopeful -- I got my ssn change the next day of PP stamping. Just you need Passport with PP Stamp.

EB3RIR_MO said:
Why are you guys changing your SS cards? any good reason behind it?
When you are on H1/EAD etc., you get SS Card which has a line mentionining that you are authorized to work as per INS/DHS approval ...... After you get 485 approved, you get new SS card which does not mention any thing about work authorization meaning you can work without any hassles. There is no change in SS # it is just getting a clen and clear card.

shre said:
gchopeful -- I got my ssn change the next day of PP stamping. Just you need Passport with PP Stamp.

Thanks shre. Was there a specific form you filled out? How long did it take for you to get your new card with the restriction removed?

I485 AD: 09/03/2004 ( for me and my 2 daughters )
11/17/2004 ( my wife's )

Stamped: 10/12/2004 ( me and my daughters )
12/16/2004 ( my wife )

Waiting for the plastic.