NSC - Plastic Tracker

sent inquiry form

Sent inquiry form for plastic card. It is almost more than a month.. But so far no response from them.

:mad:

have you guys seen

on uscis.gov website the infor about pending plastic card? may be it was always there, but I just noticed it. seems like after 60 days you can call them. It is on the online case status page.

" "If you were granted permanent resident status or entered the U.S. with an immigrant visa more than 60 days ago and have not received your first permanent resident card, please call 1-800-375-5283" "

India 1975 said:
Stamped on 08/12/04.Waiting for PC.

Thanks!

UPDATED
:)

Thanks

* When download the attach file, save it as: plasticcard.xls
* The waiting days automatically changed to current

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghee

I guess, they put this notice recently (one month). As ur case got approved long before, you may give a call to them and pls keep update us in this thread.

gheewalabhai888 said:
on uscis.gov website the infor about pending plastic card? may be it was always there, but I just noticed it. seems like after 60 days you can call them. It is on the online case status page.

" "If you were granted permanent resident status or entered the U.S. with an immigrant visa more than 60 days ago and have not received your first permanent resident card, please call 1-800-375-5283" "

nope, I was duped!

called the same old number, the same old lady picked up the phone on the same old voice, and read the same message " you case .... on " "they are working on Feb 2002 now" , I asked "I am taking about .. plastic card.."
she said,"I can't give you that information, it is the same as approval notice."

I asked her, "so what was that big announcement on the web site about?"
she gave me no answer just garbage.
I still think there got to be some action regarding Plastic Card, but just they don't know what that is about.

gheewalabhai888 said:
called the same old number, the same old lady picked up the phone on the same old voice, and read the same message " you case .... on " "they are working on Feb 2002 now" , I asked "I am taking about .. plastic card.."
she said,"I can't give you that information, it is the same as approval notice."

I asked her, "so what was that big announcement on the web site about?"
she gave me no answer just garbage.
I still think there got to be some action regarding Plastic Card, but just they don't know what that is about.

Dear gheewalabhai888
:D

Re- read our posts. ??????????

denman Posted

Called USCIS

I called the number.
Was told by the customer service representative that :
"As per information available with me, afterthe approval of I-485, it takes apprx. 90-120 days to create the card and mail it".
She asked me to check after mid-September.
My approval date was: May-2004.

suganthy Posted

Plastic Card

All
I called the CIS this morning on the 1-800 number listed in the USCIS.gov website to ask us call them in case plastic card has not been received if it's more than 60 days after stamping.

As per the Lady whom i spoke to , i should be receiving the plastic card within 3 to 4 weeks and a welcome letter as well.She took all the info , lin#, dob, address, A# ,country of birth and Citizenship by birth info.

IDreams Posted

suganthy,

Thank you very much for your information.

Wish you get your card soon.

But why USCIS had the different answer to the same question???

srjumde Posted

This is called ' Show me the Face and I will tel you the RULE'.

It seems they liked suganthy's face better than denman's

:confused:

Recd acknowledgement of my inquiry

On my inquiry for PC, I received a letter showing details of LIN# for me and family. Letter says "your file has been sent for the last step in producing your gc. It could take 8-10 months to finalize. Your i-89 was recd on <date> from the district office. If your tmp card would expire before receiving your new gc, please go to your local INS office for an extension.
Anyone else got a similar letter?

The letter I got is the response to my call on the 1-800 number. I did not send any letter.

hi thread members,here is an update on my case. as i wrote before, my wife got the card(a month ago), my son and i are left out and its going to be 10 months since we got stamped together(nov 03) in columbus,ohio. well ins sent us a letter recently asking us to send the photographs again as the previous ones were incorrect. my son's letter came to our home address and mine went to my lousy lawyer and he forwarded it to me on yesterday. well, moral of the story, dont burn the bridges with ur lawyer once the pp is stamped (i kind of did that cos he was a useless guy and didnt do much other than mailing my papers backforth between me and the ins, he was for the most part, a glorious postoffice in my case, so, i kind of expressed my displeasure abt this after my pp was stamped, but u know what, white folks are great and he didnt keep that in mind and still did his job like before). well ins want the same kind of photograph like the rt side of the face, left side of the ass and and lil bit of ur d##k, etc. i looked at my old photograph which i sent and it looked fine to me and fits all of their mentioned specifications..., well they still want another one , so let me go and give some business to the only photographer in my town. will keep u guys posted abt the developments as they happen. this ins stuff is fun. iam loving it and its a never ending story.

has anybody got some idea on my previous question:

Do they allow re-stamping(renewal, I 155) at consulates and embassies abroad?

Please post if some of you(or friends) have renewed green card stamp abroad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Called the 800 number

I had the standard experience. After 10 days , I received a letter saying ...
"The status of this service request is : green card produced after I-89 review."

Any idea what this means - It will be produced after review or it has been produced...???

dravisha said:
"The status of this service request is : green card produced after I-89 review."

Any idea what this means - It will be produced after review or it has been produced...???

dravisha,

Could you tell us your I-485 AD and Passport SD? ;)

So I can add your infor to the File of plasticcard.xls

Thank you very much :p

dravisha

could you clarify what do you mean by "standard experience". When did you call 1-800 number to make an inquiry, did you tell them to start the inquiry or what was their response? Do they start investigation when you call them?
Your response looks like they ordered recently, has the online msg changed?

I called them early this week and didn't get a clue. Mine stamping is from Feb.

dravisha said:

Q1:after I-89 review?

I-89: Data Collection Card
Used to capture the biometric data (photograph, index fingerprint, and signature) required for the production of the permanent resident card.

So it means that once you had your passport stamped, you passed your I-89 review

Q2: green card produced

They had ordered your card and the card had been ....? :confused:

Maybe someone could explain it? :D

IDreams said:
dravisha,

Could you tell us your I-485 AD and Passport SD? ;)

So I can add your infor to the File of plasticcard.xls

Thank you very much :p

AD : 12/17/2003
SD : 01/09/2004
Plastic : ......
Thank you very much.

dravisha, may be you should call them and ask

them to explain if that means the card was produced. another 1 hour wait on the phone and sometime a waste of time but it is worth it. keep us updated.