NSC I-140 RFE Experiances

Transcript should do

Hi everyone. I received an RFE today regarding my I-140 application (EB3). The rfe is to submit an evidence that I obtained the required Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering before April 30, 2001 (which is my PD on my labor cert.). Evidence must be in the form of an official record showing dates of attendance, area of concentration and date of degree award.

Do I need to just submit a certified copy of my transcript of records or do I need to request a letter from my University highlighting the above required information? Anyone who had the same rfe? What did you submit as evidence? Appreciate any feedback. :confused:

Thank you very much.
A transcript is an official record and from what I have seen that should do it for you. Do NOT send your only official original copy. If you have only one official original go to a Notary and have a NOTARIZED TRUE COPY made and send that. Always make sure you have an original in your possession as they are not always easy to get.

A transcript is an official record and from what I have seen that should do it for you. Do NOT send your only official original copy. If you have only one official original go to a Notary and have a NOTARIZED TRUE COPY made and send that. Always make sure you have an original in your possession as they are not always easy to get.

Thank you.

latest update

What's the latest status of your I-140.

I hope your I-140 might have been approved.

Hi guys,

I got the RFE foe my EB2 educational Evaluation. I have 10 + 3 years Diploma
Polytechnic and + AMIE (4years). Does any one has similar evaluvation Done, Any success.

Please guys help me. I am planning to go with thedegreepeople .I have joined Master too here in USA, I am planing to get letter from my Master programme that they have admitted me based on my Indian Graduation that is AMIE.

Do you think any issue here.
Also i got the Company ability to pay.I am working on it.

Thanks
satish

sub Labor

I recently applied using a sub labor

Here are the details of sub labor
Box 14 says
College Degree Required -- Bachelors Degree
Major Field of Study : Mechanical Engineering

No Experience or training is required and the PD is June 2003

My qualifications are Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering (4 year degree from india) completed in May 2000
Completed Masters in Mechanical Engineering in December 2004

What do you think are my chances of I-140 approval as far as education is concerned
Thanks are for all your help

degree matches the labor

Your degree appears to match your labor cert exactly. I don't see how you would have a problem.

I recently applied using a sub labor

Here are the details of sub labor
Box 14 says
College Degree Required -- Bachelors Degree
Major Field of Study : Mechanical Engineering

No Experience or training is required and the PD is June 2003

My qualifications are Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering (4 year degree from india) completed in May 2000
Completed Masters in Mechanical Engineering in December 2004

What do you think are my chances of I-140 approval as far as education is concerned
Thanks are for all your help

i-140 rfe

Gurus,

i have Bsc computer science and msc computer science. i have 2.5 years of indian experience and 2.5 years of US experience at the time of my labor application. here is my 6 year green card signature

labour PD : 12/31/2001
AD : 08/01/2006 from philadelphia backlog center
ETA form 750 says "masters"

I-140 RD : 11/01/2006
I-485 Rd :11/01/2006

EAD, AP approved and used
My 10th year h1b extension is due on oct/2008

Last week i got an RFE about my education. here is the exrepts of my rfe

" The service holds that a 3 yr BS from an indian university + 2 yr MS from an indian university is equivalent to a US BS degree "

" A US BS degree or a foreighn equivalent degree follwed by at least 5 yr of progressive experience in the specialty shall be considered the equivalent of a MS degree. To establish that the alien is a professional holding an advanced degree, you must submit evidence in the form of letters from current or former employer(s) showing that the alien has at least five years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience in the specialty in addition to the indian bachelor's and master's degrees noted. "

please adivse how should i respond to this RFE,

1) should i prove them BSC and MSC is equal to US MS
2) should i go ahead and add my indian experience to make it close to 5 years

any thoughts please...

thank you

Hi
Usually 3+2 yrs consider as BS only.I am not sure.so try to go with experience add ur indian exp and make it as 5yrs. that will be easy

Gurus,

i have Bsc computer science and msc computer science. i have 2.5 years of indian experience and 2.5 years of US experience at the time of my labor application. here is my 6 year green card signature

" The service holds that a 3 yr BS from an indian university + 2 yr MS from an indian university is equivalent to a US BS degree "

" A US BS degree or a foreighn equivalent degree follwed by at least 5 yr of progressive experience in the specialty shall be considered the equivalent of a MS degree. To establish that the alien is a professional holding an advanced degree, you must submit evidence in the form of letters from current or former employer(s) showing that the alien has at least five years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience in the specialty in addition to the indian bachelor's and master's degrees noted. "

any thoughts please...

thank you

I-140 rfe

my eta form 750 says "masters". do you see any problems by going with BS + 5 years at this time ??

thank you

Hi
Try to mesg Sheila and ask whether its possible to combine 3+2 as Master eq to US degree.With that add this 5yrs exp too.so u wont face problem if either one fail another one will work

my eta form 750 says "masters". do you see any problems by going with BS + 5 years at this time ??

thank you

do you have her contact details ?

Hi
Try to mesg Sheila and ask whether its possible to combine 3+2 as Master eq to US degree.With that add this 5yrs exp too.so u wont face problem if either one fail another one will work

Gurus,

any thoughts please...

thank you

It may be little difficult to prove 3+2 year degree as Master but since you have Msc in Comp. Science you may try to get good education evaluation and expert letter showing your degree as masters. I think your best bet might be to show 5 years experience. You can combined Indian experience too. But you need to have 5 years experience before your PD ie your labor filing date.

What your lawyer is suggesting in this case?

my lawyers haven't suggested anything. they were busy in their deadlines.
i need to speak to some body other than my lawyer.
whom should i contact do you have any idea
thank you for your suggestions

It may be little difficult to prove 3+2 year degree as Master but since you have Msc in Comp. Science you may try to get good education evaluation and expert letter showing your degree as masters. I think your best bet might be to show 5 years experience. You can combined Indian experience too. But you need to have 5 years experience before your PD ie your labor filing date.

What your lawyer is suggesting in this case?

my lawyers haven't suggested anything. they were busy in their deadlines.
i need to speak to some body other than my lawyer.
whom should i contact do you have any idea
thank you for your suggestions

sometimes they approve cases with 3+2 degrees if you submit detailed evaluation but I wouldn't depend on that and will try to show the experience of 5 years. Do you have 5 years of experience before your PD? If not then your only choice is to depend on your degree evaluation and expert opinion letters.

3+2

sometimes they approve cases with 3+2 degrees if you submit detailed evaluation but I wouldn't depend on that and will try to show the experience of 5 years. Do you have 5 years of experience before your PD? If not then your only choice is to depend on your degree evaluation and expert opinion letters.

Even if you have the 5 years you still need to show the 3 as equivalent to a US bachelor's degree.

Include all Credentials

Hi LC Hope,

My I140 got approved recently & I was keeping my fingers crossed & praying till I saw the approval. I too have 3 yrs Bachelors & 2 yrs Masters.

Please show your complete experience & also if you have done any short term computer languages courses, I showed two such certificates that had Diploma in Cobol & Diploma in C language each for around 5 months.

Also include your project experience from your Msc, every little bit adds up & helps.

Good Luck.

Gurus,

any thoughts please...

thank you

Sheila,
In my RFE USCIS mentioned

"The service holds that a 3 yr BS from an indian university + 2 yr MS from an indian university is equivalent to a US BS degree "

from my understanding USCIS agree that i have a US BS degree. could you please let me know, do i have to evaluate my 3 year BSc computer science degree equivalent to US bs degree ?

please advice.
thank you

Even if you have the 5 years you still need to show the 3 as equivalent to a US bachelor's degree.

hi your reply gave me some positive news,
could you give me some details about your RFE ?

thank you

Hi LC Hope,

My I140 got approved recently & I was keeping my fingers crossed & praying till I saw the approval. I too have 3 yrs Bachelors & 2 yrs Masters.

Please show your complete experience & also if you have done any short term computer languages courses, I showed two such certificates that had Diploma in Cobol & Diploma in C language each for around 5 months.

Also include your project experience from your Msc, every little bit adds up & helps.

Good Luck.