NSC I-140 RFE Experiances

Even if you have the 5 years you still need to show the 3 as equivalent to a US bachelor's degree.

Sheila,

His RFE says that "The service holds that a 3 yr BS from an indian university + 2 yr MS from an indian university is equivalent to a US BS degree ". it means USCIS is position is on this to consider it as equivalent to US Bachelor. So if he shows 5 years progressive experience should there be any problem?

3+2

Sheila,

His RFE says that "The service holds that a 3 yr BS from an indian university + 2 yr MS from an indian university is equivalent to a US BS degree ". it means USCIS is position is on this to consider it as equivalent to US Bachelor. So if he shows 5 years progressive experience should there be any problem?

I am not a lawyer, nor can I speak for the service. But it certainly appears to me that in this case (these seem to be done a case by case basis) the education has been approved as equivalent and he needs to now show 5 years of progressive experience and it should fulfil the EB2 requirements.

Hi GURUS,

My wife is going to file LC PERM under EB3 category. She has done her B.SC(3yrs) and M.SC Part-1(1 year) in computer science from India. We have evaluated her degree from WES and MEI Services and both says its equivalent to BS in computer science from any accredited university of US. According to WES her B.SC is equivalent to BS in US.
WES evaluated her credit hours for B.SC as 124 hours and M.SC as 21 hours. She did not complete her M.SC part-2 as she came to US.

Is her 3+1 year study from India can create any problem for her future I-140? Also evaluation from WES (World Education Services) is valued or not?
Any response in the matter is highly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
140 RFE - Please suggest

Hi

I’ve applied I-485 with the current visa dates, but my I-140 (filed under EB2) had a RFE (requesting for evidence to prove experience for EB2). In such a situation please advice what’s my best option would be under the following circumstances:

1. Can I answer the RFE? What if my I-140 gets denied….will I still be eligible to apply for I-140 in the EB3 category since my I-485 has already been applied under the current visa dates? Do you think I’ll still be good to apply for fresh I-140 after august 17th, 07?

(OR)

2. Can I cancel the RFE (I-140, EB2 Category) and apply fresh I-140 in the EB3 category concurrently with I-485 before the cut off date (august 17th, 2007).

Please suggest…anticipating your advice.

Thank you

I-140 transferred to Washington DC office

hi,

My I-140 has been transferred to washington Dc office. I am in my 7th year and worried. What could be the reasons for transfer..Online case status does not mention any specific reason for the transfer. please share your thoughts..

did you found out the reason for I140 transfer one of my friends I140 case also got transfered to Vermont service center

RFE on I-40

Hi All,

My husband has applied for I-40 with substitution labor in month of feb .Now he has an RFE to provide him with the pay stubs and also with Financial audit Statements.BUt he was told by his employer that Financial audit mite take 2 months are more as we don't have so much time what could be the other option.And what are chances of approval assuming that the RFE are answered with these docs.Any valuable advise is appreciated.

Hi DUV_SREE, Could you please send me PM me to rvee_2000@yahoo.com, I have an RFE same as you.

I requested a priority date porting from an EB2 2003 I-140 and got an RFE today ABOUT ability to pay.

But here is the problem. My H1 was with company A and got the 2006 paystubs and 2006 W2 from Company A. From Jan 2007, Company B took over Company A and sending me paychecks from Company B. Company A and Company B has same president and same physical office for several years. Now All the employees and contracts of company A are with Company B.

How should I respond to the RFE? They are asking 2006 Tax returns and 2007 quarterly tax filings. I was with Company A until 2006 and now with Company B.

One morething thing My H1 was also not tranferred from Company A to Company B after they took over.

Could you (someone) please advise how to respond to this?

My I-140 Finally got approved nearly two months after the RFE.

The RFE was for two things
1. My company was aquired . So they needed the complete merger agreement.
2. My W2 and my previous company tax statements . We had to go to the IRS to get the tax returns for my previous company . The aquiring company didn't have these documents !

It was very nervous experience as I wasnt sure that I could get the tax returns in time. It finally came through and we responded last week. Two days after NSC received the RFE , I got an approval !!

Mine is an OCt 2002 PD. So I have to apply for I-485 . One hole into another .

Good luck guys and hang in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
My I140 was denied after 2 RFEs (Pay and Edu.).
I am guessing the denial is for 3 year degree. I have yet to get the details.

I am on my 6th year. My 2nd H1 expired on 6/23. I already filed for 6th year extension on 6/21.

Does anyone have similar experience?

Any advice would be helpful.

Wes

Hi GURUS,

My wife is going to file LC PERM under EB3 category. She has done her B.SC(3yrs) and M.SC Part-1(1 year) in computer science from India. We have evaluated her degree from WES and MEI Services and both says its equivalent to BS in computer science from any accredited university of US. According to WES her B.SC is equivalent to BS in US.
WES evaluated her credit hours for B.SC as 124 hours and M.SC as 21 hours. She did not complete her M.SC part-2 as she came to US.

Is her 3+1 year study from India can create any problem for her future I-140? Also evaluation from WES (World Education Services) is valued or not?
Any response in the matter is highly appreciated.

All evaluation agencies are to be considered equal according to USCIS. I have been told it is the details they are looking for, not any particular agency. It looks like you have everything you need and then hope for the best. These cases are done on a case by case basis. I would be happy to review your documents at no charge - feel free to email me sheila at danzig dot com

Approved after RFE- EDUCATIONAL

I had got an RFE on educational grounds. I had a 5 year integrated Msc in Physics and the RFE was 'How a degree in physics has anything to do with Computer Science'.

Submitted a detailed analysis on the 28th and it got approved on 30th.

This was an EB2 /NSC

quick

how did you file your I-140? Is it Premium? or reqular?

I had got an RFE on educational grounds. I had a 5 year integrated Msc in Physics and the RFE was 'How a degree in physics has anything to do with Computer Science'.

This was an EB2 /NSC

Looks like, my I-140(applied with substituted Labor cert.) got denied for reasons yet to be known(waiting on the notice).

I have a question, Can I apply a new I-140 with my original Labor Cert. which was approved back in Aug-2006?? Does the new DOL rule which states that 180 days time period come in to affect and they will reject/deny the case.

Please advise....

I am sure you can apply for another 140. The 180 days rule kicked of from 16th July. Hence the count starts from that day.

You should be good.

According to my lawyer you cannot file a new I-140 using the same LC IF the reason of denial is the employer's ability to pay or if you are not qualified for the job originally offered.

Looks like, my I-140(applied with substituted Labor cert.) got denied for reasons yet to be known(waiting on the notice).

I have a question, Can I apply a new I-140 with my original Labor Cert. which was approved back in Aug-2006?? Does the new DOL rule which states that 180 days time period come in to affect and they will reject/deny the case.

Please advise....

This was an EB2 /NSC

Physics is indeed related to computer science. It was the physics professors who taught the early years of computer science courses before there were computer science professors. I am glad you submitted the appropriate documentation because Physics is generally approved as related to comp sci when properly documented.

Please advise....

Did u get a RFE??Or did they deny it out right? Pls let me know
What do u think could be the reason?

This week i received the i-140 appoved email from USCIS. i had a RFE on my education and experience. Replied with course by course evaluation, all my credentials, experience letters from my former & current client/employer.

thank you

This week i received the i-140 appoved email from USCIS. i had a RFE on my education and experience. Replied with course by course evaluation, all my credentials, experience letters from my former & current client/employer.

thank you

what was ur service center, receipt date and category?