NSC I-140 RFE Experiances

All,
Got the RFE notice today and USCIS is requesting an evidence of 24 months (that's what mentioned on the PERM application) experience letter describing detailed job tile, specific duties and specific dates of employment from the current or old employer BEFORE the PERM applied date, which is 25-July 2006.

I'm employed with the current employer since March 2004 and they applied the labor on 25 July 2006. So employer is going to provide a formal experience letter includes,
1) Start date : 6th March 2004
2) Job duties : Exactly what mentioned in the PERM application and what advertised on the news paper for PERM.

Gurus, please comment.

I was able to contact one of my previous employers (Indian Company) and they are willing to provide the experience letter.I worked for them between the year of 1998-2000. What I'm worring about is, if I submit their letter and if in case USCIS issue another RFE requesting pay stubs/ tax information, I can't provide them because I always received the salary in cash and no pay stubs also didn't file any tax as it was not required based my income.Only evidence I have with that company is offer letter and experience letter.

Gurus, please advice me what to do. Should I get the letter from client managers that I worked for US company between 2000 to 2002 ? or should I submit the Indian company letter ?

The experience letter should be enough. If your employment during 1998-2000 was outside of the U.S. you can rule out the possibility of furnishing paystubs etc.

Hi All

I had applied for my I140 under EB2 with NSC on August 9 2007 along with AP / 485.
Received the AP last week and the EAD two months back.

what is the approximate time frame I am looking at for the I140 to be cleared in this case.
How long should I wait before any change in Employment can be done.

Regards

To estimate the I-140 processing time you may look at USCIS processing time website. this indicates the average processing time. For case by case estimate you may look at trackitt website.

To change jobs on AC21 your I-485 should be pending for at least 180 days from the receipt date. Please read here for details.

140 denial

hi
My 140 is denied on jan16 (exactly one year after I got a receipt notice) stating that my LC says position requires MS or BS+2yrs. but according to INS MS is equivalent to BS +5yrs. so they denied saying this position does not require a MS(advanced degree)
My LC was approved in oct 2006
I have a Master's and do not have 5yrs of experience at the time of application.

My Lawyer suggests that I do a MTR/appeal along with a new LC supporting the above to avoid discrepancy between DOL and INS. He also says that most of such denials are at NSC and many other applicants with similar situation at TSC have been approved.

Is there anyone with a similar situation? I wonder why lawyer did not give me one of the options to apply for new 140 under EB3. According to new regulations application would go to TSC this time.

please advice..thank you

I got RFE for EB1A

I got RFE for EB1A about 20 days ago and the officer code is NSC/CLH EX656. I collected 4 more letters and some more evidence and will mail those documents next week. Does anyone have the same officer to review their cases? I am quite worried about the situation...
Thanks.

RFE Response Time

Guys,

I got an RFE, EB2 ROW, NSC Center. My Company/Lawer replied on 01/10/2008. After that just the changed the status like below.

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On January 10, 2008, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

After that there is no update nothing. Please guys it will be great if anyone knows how i can proceed it will be great help.

Guys,

I got an RFE, EB2 ROW, NSC Center. My Company/Lawer replied on 01/10/2008. After that just the changed the status like below.

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On January 10, 2008, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

After that there is no update nothing. Please guys it will be great if anyone knows how i can proceed it will be great help.

Hi,

I have exactly the same message as you.....did you get any updates? I don't have any updates.
Thanks.

hi
My 140 is denied on jan16 (exactly one year after I got a receipt notice) stating that my LC says position requires MS or BS+2yrs. but according to INS MS is equivalent to BS +5yrs. so they denied saying this position does not require a MS(advanced degree)
My LC was approved in oct 2006
I have a Master's and do not have 5yrs of experience at the time of application.

My Lawyer suggests that I do a MTR/appeal along with a new LC supporting the above to avoid discrepancy between DOL and INS. He also says that most of such denials are at NSC and many other applicants with similar situation at TSC have been approved.

Is there anyone with a similar situation? I wonder why lawyer did not give me one of the options to apply for new 140 under EB3. According to new regulations application would go to TSC this time.

please advice..thank you

scotty136,
Any update in your case? I am in same boat, filed MTR few weeks ago but no reply yet.

venky22gc

Not yet. please let me know if you any updated. let me know what is RFE

Please let me know what is the code of the immigration officer ( you can find it in the RFE letter). Sometimes you can predict when you will get a response from the officer code.

Education detail in Perm application

Physics is indeed related to computer science. It was the physics professors who taught the early years of computer science courses before there were computer science professors. I am glad you submitted the appropriate documentation because Physics is generally approved as related to comp sci when properly documented.

Hi Sheila,

I have "Bachelors in Business Administration" and my attorney has mentioned "Bachelors in computer technology" (which is an education equivalent based on my Bachelors in Business+10 yrs in IT exp and we have that document to that effect) in Perm application with the same university details like place of the university, the year the degree obtained etc.

Is it a right approach to get the Perm LC approved. My company had to fit in my application for the existing advertisement that asked for "Bachelors in Computer related degree". Pl advice.

Thanks

need to see documents

Hi Sheila,

I have "Bachelors in Business Administration" and my attorney has mentioned "Bachelors in computer technology" (which is an education equivalent based on my Bachelors in Business+10 yrs in IT exp and we have that document to that effect) in Perm application with the same university details like place of the university, the year the degree obtained etc.

Is it a right approach to get the Perm LC approved. My company had to fit in my application for the existing advertisement that asked for "Bachelors in Computer related degree". Pl advice.

Thanks
Does your labor allow for combining work experience? If so that should not be a problem. If not - ask your lawyer what his plan is. You may need to handle it differently if combining is not allowed. We can look at your documents and tell you what we can do - there is no charge. Just go to http://www.cciFree.com and follow the directions. Or email me at sheila at danzig dot com

Could somebody help me with the following question.....

I got an RFE and and then I got the message from uscis: "we received the request for evidence and the case has resumed and you will get an written decision within 60 days"....my I-140 receipt date(August 16th,2007) is not within Nebraska processing date....my question is....
.....is it possible that within 60 days my I-140 could be approved or denied...even though my I-140 receipt date(August 16th,2007) is not within Nebraska processing date?

Thank in advance!

wommei ,

Sorry I don't have the recipt with me. I am not sure my lawyer will share with me. is it anyway we know will we get result in 60 days.

venky22gc

wommei ,

Sorry I don't have the recipt with me. I am not sure my lawyer will share with me. is it anyway we know will we get result in 60 days.

My lawyer sent me a copy of RFE letter and it is pretty easy to get the officer ID from that letter. I know a guy who has waited for 6 months since he replyed to RFE and still waiting. Without the officer code, I think it is hard to predict.