NSC I-140 RFE Experiances

GC-Europe

if it's more than 60 days and you can file inquiry...pl. contact your attorney to make sure you are covered.

Does any one know if we can apply for H1 extension while I-140 applicaiton is pending at the AAO(I-290B)

Congrats Darshan & mohanonline.

venky22c,
No update yet. I spoke with my attorney's office and they said we should wait somemore time to start an enquiry also they said USCIS is not bonded to 60 days time period, 60 days is just an estimate. So no clue what to do...other than waiting....

GC-Europe

if it's more than 60 days and you can file inquiry...pl. contact your attorney to make sure you are covered.

danu99,

No updates so far.
I can not file an inquiry as my RD is not within processing dates.

gcnotbad, venky22c....some updates?

I- 140 RFE.....What does it mean?

My RFE for I-140 was like this:" On Jan 24th we received your request for evidence..."
Today when I checked my I-140 online... I saw the same text as the one received on Jan 24th ....." we received your request for evidence....etc.....but today was a different date...was like this: "On April 8th we received your request for evidence etc"....

Could anyone tell me please what does it mean? Why they changed the date...and the text is the same?
Has anyone faced the same situation?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Guys

I would appreciate if you can help with my query

My 140 got denied in sept
Applied MTR on Oct
140 Got reopened in March 14
485 for primary reopened on march 14
485 for dependent only lud changed still says "denial notice sent"
140 approved april 9th
dependent 485 still says "denial notice sent"

do i have to file mtr to reopen wife's 485 or its automatic as we have to apply for her Social Security and since she has EAD can she work ?

I also called uscis, the rep thinks that we dont have to do anything and the case should have been reopened even though it may not say so online.

we also go a letter on march 20th that says "its ordered that the case be reopened" for both primary and dependent 485

appreciate your help

I cannot put an inquiry

This is really weird. I called USCIS and want to put an inquiry today because it is the 61st day since I submit the response to RFE. But they told me that I cannot because it is still in the processing time. Is there anyway go around this? Otherwise I have to wait for 99+31 days before I can run an inquiry.

danu99,

No updates so far.
I can not file an inquiry as my RD is not within processing dates.

gcnotbad, venky22c....some updates?

what is the calcaulation of 99+31 days. I didn't understand this... pls let me know. because i asked my lawyer she able to put query in 63rd day....

what is the calcaulation of 99+31 days. I didn't understand this... pls let me know. because i asked my lawyer she able to put query in 63rd day....

I filed I140 on 3/7/2007 and it is probably 99 days away from the current processing time (Nov 28 2006). And I can inquire if it is 31 days out of the processing time. That is what I heard.

Can you share with me about your filing date of I140 and service center (NSC??) and EB category? Thanks

You can see in the signature. As well I believe you responeded the RFE on 2008. It doesn't matter when you applied. Mine is EB2. As well as Center is NSC only. I replied RFE on Jan 10. But still I am waiting I don't know why.... I believe lot of people like this with USCIS. We don't have any other option other than waiting....

You can see in the signature. As well I believe you responeded the RFE on 2008. It doesn't matter when you applied. Mine is EB2. As well as Center is NSC only. I replied RFE on Jan 10. But still I am waiting I don't know why.... I believe lot of people like this with USCIS. We don't have any other option other than waiting....

I have a lawsuit pending with USCIS and they still don't do anything. So I can understand when you say you don't have other options.
But my plan is to write to the director of NSC everyday until they do something on my case. I have a friend who said the writting inquiry worked for him. I think I will try it and see how that works.

Gerard Heinauer

USCIS NSC

P.O. Box 82521

Lincoln, NE 68501-2521

Guys,
Good news...my I-140 got approved today.

Good luck to everybody who are waiting for I-140 to be approved...

Congratulations!!!

Guys,
Good news...my I-140 got approved today.

Good luck to everybody who are waiting for I-140 to be approved...

gcnotbad,

Congratulations!
You are one of the lucky people.
I'm still waiting for I-140 to be approved.
I responded on Jan 24th....I'm hoping to be approved soon:)
Goodluck now with your I-485!

I got my I-140 approval today

I have good news: I got my I-140 approval today, May 21st.
Replied to RFE on Jan 24th.

I'm so happy and relieved now!
Goodluck to all of you guys!

I140 RFE What should I do

Last week I received a RFE from NSC on my I-140. Here is what the letter says.

"To establish that the alien is a professional holding an advance degree, you must submit:
An official academic record showing that the alien has a U.S. advanced degree (or a foreign equivalent degree); or
An official academic record showing that the alien has a U.S. baccalaureate degree (or a foreign equivalent degree), and evidence in the form of letters from current or former employer(s) showing that the alien has at least five years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience in the specialty.

Submit evidence that the alien obtained the required Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of experience in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or related field before November 2002. Evidence of education must be in the form of an official record showing the dates of attendance, area of concentration of study, and date of degree award, if any."

I am on EB2. My ETA 750 indicates M.S. degree plus 3 years of experience. I have PhD, M.S. and Bachelor in computer science. My lawyer already submitted the degrees but not the transcript records and experience letter from former employer. They looked at the letter and say they will submit the transcript records and the letter. They are optimistic.

1. Doe anyone know exactly what does USCIS want in this RFE? transcript records ? degree ? or to certify my degrees as U.S. equavalent?

2. anybody knows how to show the study area, date of attendance, and date of degree award? The degree certificates only have the date of degree award.

3. Will copy be enough for the trascript records or has to be certified true copy?

Has anyone gotten any similar RFE?

Thanks a lot for the help!
Sam,
Labor PD Nov '02, approved April '07.
140 & 485 concurrent filing Nov '07