NSC I-140 RFE Experiances

Will job title matter for I-140?

Hi Frieinds,

I have question as I am getting ready to apply for I-140. When I applied for LC in 2003, my job title was Auditor, today after promotion it is Auditor Lead. The job duties are 50% same. Will this cause any problem for my I-140 approval?

Hi Tanveer,
We were in the LC forum together... Has your I-140 been approved? I am getting ready to apply mine...Is your job title the same as LC?

Your attroney is wrong . only if you file on line then it goes to taxes otherwise all I-140 goes to NSC . it is upto NSC to send I-140 to taxes or not

EB3 - Education Evaluation

:confused: I have my LC certified with the below mentioned details:

I have my education evaluation done few years back (2000) for H1, and it was evaluated as equivalent to "US Bachelor's degree" based on academics alone (3 yrs bachelors + PGDCA). My HR mentions that since I did not have 4 yr degree back in India, I-140 could be vulnerable. Is this true ? What are my chances here. Please help and let me know.

-------------------------------------------------------------
14)
Education: College Degree Required - "Bachelor's Degree"
Major Field of Study: Comp Sci, Engineering, Electronics IT or CIS

Experience: 2 Yrs

15) Other special requirements: blank

Thanks !

ct_rk,

Great news for 3 yr BS and 2 yr Masters from India candidates that NSC has changed their opinion and rules. The above mentioned categories can qualify for EB2 if certain criteria is met. Visit www.immigration-law.com for details.

:confused: I have my LC certified with the below mentioned details:

I have my education evaluation done few years back (2000) for H1, and it was evaluated as equivalent to "US Bachelor's degree" based on academics alone (3 yrs bachelors + PGDCA). My HR mentions that since I did not have 4 yr degree back in India, I-140 could be vulnerable. Is this true ? What are my chances here. Please help and let me know.

-------------------------------------------------------------
14)
Education: College Degree Required - "Bachelor's Degree"
Major Field of Study: Comp Sci, Engineering, Electronics IT or CIS

Experience: 2 Yrs

15) Other special requirements: blank

Thanks !

3+2 = bach + 1 year

ct_rk,

Great news for 3 yr BS and 2 yr Masters from India candidates that NSC has changed their opinion and rules. The above mentioned categories can qualify for EB2 if certain criteria is met. Visit www.immigration-law.com for details.

Do not use that site to quote from. It is innacuarate.
See the attached actual minutes.

Keep in mind that they state it is on a case by case basis and use the word "generally." Also, the service has ignored previous (unrelated) directives as well as the Grace Methodist Church case. Only Federal cases are binding. That said, I would add that you have a good chance of an approval IMHO. Just have your lawyer read the attached and quote from this, not from the website above.

Received rfe

dear friends.

Iam a new user to this thread.

I have received an RFE from NSC, after i send the reqd documents wht they ask for do they send another query for something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clarification of the Q and A

Do not use that site to quote from. It is innacuarate.
See the attached actual minutes.

Keep in mind that they state it is on a case by case basis and use the word "generally." Also, the service has ignored previous (unrelated) directives as well as the Grace Methodist Church case. Only Federal cases are binding. That said, I would add that you have a good chance of an approval IMHO. Just have your lawyer read the attached and quote from this, not from the website above.

Here is a just-issued clarification of the guidelines:
Liaison Committee Clarifies Recent NSC Comments on Degree Equivalency for EB-2 I-140s
Cite as "AILA Info Net Doc. No. 07060773 (posted Jun. 7, 2007)"

June 7, 2007 - In response to numerous inquiries received from attorneys and the growing evidence of possible misinterpretations of the Q&A involving EB-2 degree equivalency issues from the April 12, 2007 meeting at NSC (InfoNet Doc. No. 07060161, posted June 1, 2007), the NSC Liaison Committee wishes to add the following clarifying commentary to NSC's responses to Questions 1 and 2 dealing with degree equivalency for EB2 I-140 petitions:

1. Please note that the Q&As for Questions 1 and 2 are worded precisely and should be read carefully; attorneys should avoid paraphrasing or rewording both the questions and the answers, as this could lead to erroneous conclusions and expectations. Attorneys should not oversimplify NSC's answers because that can lead to misinterpretation and disappointment. Attorneys should also clearly understand that any attempt to bend or stretch NSC's answers to fit a given case is a calculated risk. The problem with degree equivalency "rules," and the main reason that simple interpretive rules for degree equivalency have not been articulated to date, is that there are many factors involved that make each case unique. For this reason, NSC has avoided stating blanket rules and has carefully phrased its answers in conditional terms. Examples of what can go wrong here are: there are many versions of post graduate diplomas, some are more credible than others; not all petitions contain complete documentation; some postgraduate diplomas are considered equivalent to master's degrees, some are not; etc. As always, the burden of proof is on the petitioner to demonstrate that the beneficiary meets the requirements for the position as stated on the approved labor certification.

2. NSC has not reversed its position on requiring single source degrees for bachelor's degree equivalency. Questions 1 and 2 are the best available expressions of NSC's interpretation of what is required to demonstrate equivalency of a foreign master's degree to a U.S. master's degree for EB-2 only. These interpretations should not be applied to bachelor's degree equivalency issues. The difference is that for master's degrees, NSC evaluates both the foreign master's degree and the underlying education, and will accept equivalent education for the bachelor's degree; whereas if a position requires a bachelor's degree with no specification of equivalency, NSC will require that the beneficiary have a U.S. bachelor's degree or single source foreign equivalent degree, not foreign equivalent education.

3. The most ambiguous and hence the riskiest situation is the 3 year bachelor's degree followed by a 2 year master's degree. NSC has left open the possibility that this could qualify for EB-2, but the burden of proof is on the petitioner to make that demonstration. Attorneys should not assume that the usual transcripts plus a conclusory credential evaluation will be sufficient. NSC generally accepts the view that a bachelor's and master's program together will take 6 years, and therefore, most 3 year bachelor programs with a 2 year master's degree will not qualify for EB-2. However, NSC did agree that if there is specific evidence in a particular case that the master's degree is equivalent to a U.S. master's degree, the evidence would be considered.

NSC's responses to Questions 1 and 2 are the clearest statements of the NSC's degree equivalency policies that have been offered to date. As with any liaison Q&A, they are subject to change and reinterpretation at any time and without notice.

- NSC Liaison Committee

Usually how many days it takes to approve or deny after the reply to RFE

Hi everyone,
I have question in PP, after replying to RFE usually howmany days it takes to get updated. RFE was regarding graduation evaluation, my lawyer didn't fax me RFE request , but after another evalution she sent the reply to RFE by overnight which was received on Friday. what is chance of receiving another RFE.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Do you have 3 years degree issue?
I have not seen somebody getting second RFE...may be i could be wrong.
Good Luck

Hi everyone,
I have question in PP, after replying to RFE usually howmany days it takes to get updated. RFE was regarding graduation evaluation, my lawyer didn't fax me RFE request , but after another evalution she sent the reply to RFE by overnight which was received on Friday. what is chance of receiving another RFE.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Hi some Greencard,
It is not 3yrs degree, but evaluation submitted was 2004 copy may be they requested for recent evaluation, lawyer didn't fax me the RFE and didn't explain me much about it. so just waiting for result.

Thanks

I-140 RFE - Need help Urgently : Tax Transcripts/Acct Statements

We got I-140 RFE requesting 2003 Tax Transcripts and Account Statement issued by IRS, We have requested IRS the same and got them in 3 weeks time.

In 2005, my employer ammended 2003 returns, But the Tax Transcripts and Account Statement which we got from IRS does NOT reflect the ammended return.

Our company contacted the local IRS office stating the problem, and there response was that it would take upto 60 days to make the correction. ( i,e to update there records).

We need to respond to the RFE in 20 days time (end of June) and cannot wait upto 60 days for the correction to reflect the ammended return.

Please let me know if we can submit any alternative document(s) or Is there any way to expedite the process to reflect the ammended return. or how to respond to this RFE

Any inputs/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

filing for I-140, company got sold

Hi Gurus,
I am about to file for I-140 & I-485. But my company got sold last week and my job may get terminated in December. We have to mention about the sale anywhere in the application or in the employer's letter ? Will this have a bearing on I-140/485 outcome?
If I don't get I-485 approved by december, is there any other way I can obtain AC21?

I would appreciate your input.

Thank you.

3+2=bachelor's degree -OFFICIAL

We were at the AMERICAN IMMIGRATION LAWYERS ASSN Conference and the 3 year bachelor's degree + 2 year Masters in the same or similar fields has been OFFICIALLY clarified. It is being accepted for EB2, when there is 5 years of work experience added to it, with the MA being equivalent to a US bachelor's degree.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

sheila at danzig dot com

Here is a just-issued clarification of the guidelines:
Liaison Committee Clarifies Recent NSC Comments on Degree Equivalency for EB-2 I-140s
Cite as "AILA Info Net Doc. No. 07060773 (posted Jun. 7, 2007)"

June 7, 2007 - In response to numerous inquiries received from attorneys and the growing evidence of possible misinterpretations of the Q&A involving EB-2 degree equivalency issues from the April 12, 2007 meeting at NSC (InfoNet Doc. No. 07060161, posted June 1, 2007), the NSC Liaison Committee wishes to add the following clarifying commentary to NSC's responses to Questions 1 and 2 dealing with degree equivalency for EB2 I-140 petitions:

1. Please note that the Q&As for Questions 1 and 2 are worded precisely and should be read carefully; attorneys should avoid paraphrasing or rewording both the questions and the answers, as this could lead to erroneous conclusions and expectations. Attorneys should not oversimplify NSC's answers because that can lead to misinterpretation and disappointment. Attorneys should also clearly understand that any attempt to bend or stretch NSC's answers to fit a given case is a calculated risk. The problem with degree equivalency "rules," and the main reason that simple interpretive rules for degree equivalency have not been articulated to date, is that there are many factors involved that make each case unique. For this reason, NSC has avoided stating blanket rules and has carefully phrased its answers in conditional terms. Examples of what can go wrong here are: there are many versions of post graduate diplomas, some are more credible than others; not all petitions contain complete documentation; some postgraduate diplomas are considered equivalent to master's degrees, some are not; etc. As always, the burden of proof is on the petitioner to demonstrate that the beneficiary meets the requirements for the position as stated on the approved labor certification.

2. NSC has not reversed its position on requiring single source degrees for bachelor's degree equivalency. Questions 1 and 2 are the best available expressions of NSC's interpretation of what is required to demonstrate equivalency of a foreign master's degree to a U.S. master's degree for EB-2 only. These interpretations should not be applied to bachelor's degree equivalency issues. The difference is that for master's degrees, NSC evaluates both the foreign master's degree and the underlying education, and will accept equivalent education for the bachelor's degree; whereas if a position requires a bachelor's degree with no specification of equivalency, NSC will require that the beneficiary have a U.S. bachelor's degree or single source foreign equivalent degree, not foreign equivalent education.

3. The most ambiguous and hence the riskiest situation is the 3 year bachelor's degree followed by a 2 year master's degree. NSC has left open the possibility that this could qualify for EB-2, but the burden of proof is on the petitioner to make that demonstration. Attorneys should not assume that the usual transcripts plus a conclusory credential evaluation will be sufficient. NSC generally accepts the view that a bachelor's and master's program together will take 6 years, and therefore, most 3 year bachelor programs with a 2 year master's degree will not qualify for EB-2. However, NSC did agree that if there is specific evidence in a particular case that the master's degree is equivalent to a U.S. master's degree, the evidence would be considered.

NSC's responses to Questions 1 and 2 are the clearest statements of the NSC's degree equivalency policies that have been offered to date. As with any liaison Q&A, they are subject to change and reinterpretation at any time and without notice.

- NSC Liaison Committee

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sheila,

I have a 4 year bachelors in Computer Engineering and 6.5 years experience before my current employer. My I-140 is pending for 9 months now under EB-2category.

how do they verify "progressive" expereince? As far as job title goes, a better looking job title may not always involve a higher role? some companies I know call their entry level professionals as "assistant vice president" while some companies call their senior guys as Software engineers..

My job titles have been jr. manager, systems officer, software engineer in that order..

thanks for your responses

Progressive experience

Hi Sheila,

I have a 4 year bachelors in Computer Engineering and 6.5 years experience before my current employer. My I-140 is pending for 9 months now under EB-2category.

how do they verify "progressive" expereince? As far as job title goes, a better looking job title may not always involve a higher role? some companies I know call their entry level professionals as "assistant vice president" while some companies call their senior guys as Software engineers..

My job titles have been jr. manager, systems officer, software engineer in that order..

thanks for your responses

Showing progressive experience needs to be more detailed for the H1 than the I-140. It is not about the job title but rather the job description and responsibilities showing they get progressively more complex.

I-140 Approved

Hi Guys,
My I140 get aapproved after a long wait. I got RFE on PP processing I140 and after receving the RFE UCSIS approved my case in three days.
i think its worth paying 1000$ toward PP .
See you guys in 485 fourm.

Urgent help need for A2P RFE

I am new the forum. I searched a lot in various threads about A2P RFE. I found a number of mentions about "United Nations". Does any one know his contacts. Please email me at padma_rao23@yahoo.com. I also wanted to look at his posts in the forum. Can someone give me a link. (Some old links are not working)

Thanks in advance for yr help.

Hi everyone. I received an RFE today regarding my I-140 application (EB3). The rfe is to submit an evidence that I obtained the required Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering before April 30, 2001 (which is my PD on my labor cert.). Evidence must be in the form of an official record showing dates of attendance, area of concentration and date of degree award.

Do I need to just submit a certified copy of my transcript of records or do I need to request a letter from my University highlighting the above required information? Anyone who had the same rfe? What did you submit as evidence? Appreciate any feedback. :confused:

Thank you very much.