NSC I-140 RFE Experiances

Keeping this RFE post active

Hi all,

I recd my RFE for 140. reason-

I hold a BSC (physics) degree with various other diplomas and have 9 years of exp. RFE was for what Physics has got to do with CS?... ....

Lawyers sent response and they recd it on Mar 21 2005. Still waiting......

Got an evaluation done with a professor on a Univ letterhd. Also, sent them a writeup on a general topic of what phy is got to do with CS.....

Also, job ad was for masters, bachelors etc for cs "and related fields"

The lawyer has pointed that out too in the response.

Waiting.... waiting.... waiting...... :( :( :(

Btw, im hoping that i have sent a stong response. Can u file 485 while this I140 RFE is going on.......?

Pls reply guys......

Hi Rayman..

Hi,
I think you can initiate enquiry now. As it passed 2 months? Your employer or Attorney can do that. If you are EB2 then you can apply 485. If you EB3 then if you PD is before June 1, 2002 then you have to apply before June 30, 2005. Otherise you have to wait few more months depending upon the future visa bulletins.

Could you please let us know what exactly your RFE says?
What is your officer code which will be at the bottom of your RFE document.
Which company did your evaluation.
Thanks
KK

Last edited by a moderator:
RFE Reply send on 14th June ..no LUD so far ?

Hi Guys,
My RFE response was sent on 14th June. Till now I have not received any email and there no LUD on I140. is it normal ? How many days it takes for them to update the system.

Thanks

KK,

I got my evaluation done with a Professor at a University. These consulting evaluators dont not hold as much value, since u can get it done for 50-150 $. INS is aware of the whole evaluation thingy....... (my lawyer sd that too)

Unfortunately, all my paperwork is with the lawyer and hence i dont hv the officers code etc etc. I know for sure that the query was for what Physics has got to do with a Compuetr Science job, as i have a Bsc Phy degree.

My only q. is that having a RFE going on the 140 can one not file 485? I hv only 6 months left on my H1. Need to get the EAD so will hv to spend/apply for the 7th yr extn.

Anybody, pls respond if u hv some insight on this..........................

NSC04Filer said:
Hi Guys,
My RFE response was sent on 14th June. Till now I have not received any email and there no LUD on I140. is it normal ? How many days it takes for them to update the system.

Thanks

For my case, it took almost a month to get update message on line and LUD change. However, you do need make sure that your package(s) had already been delivered to USCIS.

rayman6 said:
KK,

I got my evaluation done with a Professor at a University. These consulting evaluators dont not hold as much value, since u can get it done for 50-150 $. INS is aware of the whole evaluation thingy....... (my lawyer sd that too)

Unfortunately, all my paperwork is with the lawyer and hence i dont hv the officers code etc etc. I know for sure that the query was for what Physics has got to do with a Compuetr Science job, as i have a Bsc Phy degree.

My only q. is that having a RFE going on the 140 can one not file 485? I hv only 6 months left on my H1. Need to get the EAD so will hv to spend/apply for the 7th yr extn.

Anybody, pls respond if u hv some insight on this..........................

I filed I-485 after I got I-140 RFE since my husband needs EAD to work. At NSC, we got EAD card within a month.

guys,

what is the LUD? i know........... duhhhhh

I hv left it all to my lawyers and its time i get som control on my case. Pls tell me whta LUD and other stuff that i need to know. Im goona try to get all my details including the officer code etc to post here. Hope it helps.

Btw, i did read somewhere that 485 was automatically RFE'd as 140 was on RFE. Thats why i wanted to know is it ok to go ahead with 485 while RFE is on 140.

Seems by the abv thread that they had no problem doing the 485 when 140 was on RFE.

Any advise would be of relief...... :confused:

rayman6 said:
guys,

what is the LUD? i know........... duhhhhh

I hv left it all to my lawyers and its time i get som control on my case. Pls tell me whta LUD and other stuff that i need to know. Im goona try to get all my details including the officer code etc to post here. Hope it helps.

Btw, i did read somewhere that 485 was automatically RFE'd as 140 was on RFE. Thats why i wanted to know is it ok to go ahead with 485 while RFE is on 140.

Seems by the abv thread that they had no problem doing the 485 when 140 was on RFE.

Any advise would be of relief...... :confused:

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp

Register yourself. Enter all the pending LIN numbers and then you can see Last update column on the table. Hope this helps.
Thanks
KK

KK

Thx. i registered and my LUD shows the same. No change- 03/24/05.

How do u get hold of that off code? Do u hv a copy of ur RFE? Do lawyers provide u that?

rayman6 said:
KK

Thx. i registered and my LUD shows the same. No change- 03/24/05.

How do u get hold of that off code? Do u hv a copy of ur RFE? Do lawyers provide u that?
Yes.. I have each and every copy of my documents filed with me. My attorney is hired by myself so he will send one copy to me and one copy to HR. You can request your attorney just to fax the RFE copy.
Thanks
KK

RFE On I-140 - any one got the same

Hi All,

I got RFE on my I-140. My lawer explained me the RFE like this.

My Company is in IOWA. I am working in DALLAS.

RFE is : Why consultant is working in Dallas when the company located in IOWA.

Please let me know if any one got this type of RFE

Here is my Info -

EB2/NSC I-140/I-485/AP/EAD Concurrent
RD- 07/04/2004
ND- 07/04/2004
AP AD - 08/20/2004
EAD AD - 08/20/2004
1st FP - 10/25/2004
I-485 LUD - 10/20/2004 (FP recvd)
I-140 RFE - 04/26/2005
I-140 RFE Recd - 06/14/2005 LUD - 06/14/2005

help

Hi all,

here is my RFE for 140+485 concurrent application

"Submit copies of the beneficiary's W-2s for the years 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004.

Submit a copy of the petitioner's complete income tax return for the year 2002. Please explain the fact that the form submitted does not show any entry for salaries and wages while the copies of forms for 2001 an d2003 show large amounts in those fields.

Submit a copy of the petitioner's income tax return for the year 2004.

Submit copies of the petitioners most recent Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Form (Form 941) and State Unemployment Compensation Report Form. These documents must be acompnied by the quarterly wage and withholding suplement which identifies all employees by name and social security number."

labor wage = $65000
my w2s show the following info as gross pay

2004 - $54038 * net income - , after adding depreciation net income is positive = company able to pay difference

2003 - $57850 * net income + company able to pay difference

2002 - $53079 * net income - , after adding depreciation net income is positive = company able to pay difference

2001 - $52110 * net income + company able to pay difference

The labor was applied on august 29th, 2001
2004 tax return was not originally submitted as it was january when i applied for 140, however 2004 tax return is same as 2002 i.e. salaries and wages box is blank, as that is recorded in the cost of labor

How bad is the situation.
Should the company only send a reply to the asked items as per above USCIS quoted paragraphs.
if not then what additional documents should the company send for 2002,2004 situation. Should the company submit the schedule that details assets that depreciate to show assests.? Also, what shold the company show to document liabilities. ? Bank statements recomended?

h1b expiring on july 2006.
what r my options
should i apply for PERM seperately

need some experianced voice here to guide me
appreciate any comments gurus
thanks

useruk77

I received RFE for my 140 requesting my 2004 W2 and recent pay slips.

Replied on 6/21/5, received reply on 6/23/5 and APPROVED today (6/27/5)

Thanks to all, wishing you all to get thru the hurdles and quick approval.

jkvaisnavi said:
I received RFE for my 140 requesting my 2004 W2 and recent pay slips.

Replied on 6/21/5, received reply on 6/23/5 and APPROVED today (6/27/5)

Thanks to all, wishing you all to get thru the hurdles and quick approval.

Hi jkvaisnavi,
Congradulation on you I-140.
Thanks for updating the details.
Best of luck for I485.

h1bmember said:
Hi jkvaisnavi,
Congradulation on you I-140.
Thanks for updating the details.
Best of luck for I485.
Hello RFE waiters,
Any news? Mine is at status quo. Trying to be patient. Never know when I will loose my patience. Diminishing every minute.
Thanks
KK