NSC I-140 RFE Experiances

Hi sbss,

Was your RFE on education evaluation or a request to have the category changed from EB2 to EB3? One of the other guy in this forum (sorry couldn't remember his name) got an RFE to have the category changed and as soon as he did, he got his 140 approved in a week.

From looking at the other posts on this forum, it appears TrustForte may help in determining if the credentials can be evaluated. I also saw from some of the posts that even some of the guys with BE in communications and engineering were left in the dark by the attorney and TrustForte said they cannot evaluate the same.

maheshcr said:
Hi sbss,

Was your RFE on education evaluation or a request to have the category changed from EB2 to EB3? One of the other guy in this forum (sorry couldn't remember his name) got an RFE to have the category changed and as soon as he did, he got his 140 approved in a week.

From looking at the other posts on this forum, it appears TrustForte may help in determining if the credentials can be evaluated. I also saw from some of the posts that even some of the guys with BE in communications and engineering were left in the dark by the attorney and TrustForte said they cannot evaluate the same.

It was only about EDU evaluation. Not from a single source.

NSC does not want to accept combination of degrees as equivalent to a US Degree. What was your RFE about -in detail?

The actual RFE says "Submit evidence to establish that the alien met the educationtional, training, experience and any other requirements of the labor certification by <my prioriy date>. Evidence of education must be in the form of an OFFICIAL RECORD showing the dates of attendance, area of concentration of study and date of degree award."

This was the RFE and my attorney also finally advised to have the credentials evaluated. Also, it may be helpful if Box 14 and 25 of ETA 750A is looked at to have an idea if the combination would be acceptable or not along with various other feedback before delving into any creative ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
kumarrad said:
Sorry guys, Im still trying to reach the emp lawyer for officer code, let you know shortly.
kumarrad,

Could you expalin the detail of your RFE regarding EB2 to EB3? What was the reason for you to acccept as EB3? I am also haveing similar rfe.

I-140 Rfe

HI,
Looks like there are too many people with same type of RFE (Educational Credentials). Don't know what to do next.

Also they sent me this explaination on how they intrepret degree's-
The Verbiage "Bachelor's Degree is interpreted by the service as US bach degree or a single source foreign degree that is equivalent to an US bach degree. Unlike H1B criterion the aforementioned verbiage does NOT include a combination of education, training, and exp that has to be found evivalent to an US bach degree. OC-232

Does the single source mean the combination of evaluation "cannot" be done with Education + Training or Education + Experience or is it within the Education itself (For example : Bachelor's + Master's + Diploma)?

Mahesh

Also, can the other guys in this forum who had received the RFE let me know what the position of the RFE code was. I know this doesn't make much of a difference, but may help people a bit relaxed considering how lenient the officer is!

Thanks!

Mahesh

maheshcr said:
Also, can the other guys in this forum who had received the RFE let me know what the position of the RFE code was. I know this doesn't make much of a difference, but may help people a bit relaxed considering how lenient the officer is!

Thanks!

Mahesh

I got same RFE. My officer code is NSC\KEB\EX232. Has any one experienced this officer?

I did B.com in India and later I did Chartered Accountacy. I did my education evaluation on chartered accountacy as single source bachelors degree. RFE answered two weeks ago. No reply yet. Waiting for decision.

If any one have any experience with above officer, please share.

Thanks
Bhaskar

Bhaskar,

Please keep us posted if you get any response from NSC. This will help a lot of us. How many yrs of Academic Study is involved in Chartered Accountancy.

I am also trying to get my 3 yrs BSC evaluated as a Single source equivalent to a 4 yrs Bachelors degree. Not sure if this will work.

Mahesh,

NSC is not accepting a combination of degrees as equivalent.

I have emailed TrustForte asking if NSC is accepting evaluations that's done only for a single source of equivalent to the US Bachelor's.

If the above is true, I can see if they can re-evaluate the credentials for a single source of degree. If not, there's no choice other than leaving the response to the attorney and the part that gives me hope a bit is my attorney had worked as a INS general consul at TSC.

This is the response I received from TrustForte.

“You should be fine with this evaluation – either way, you do not have one degree that establishes just the bachelor’s equivalency – your BCom is only 3 years and is only equivalent to Bachelor’s in the US in combination with your PG degree, and your Master’s in IT is more than just a Bachelors.”

Mahesh

Hello Mahesh, SBSS and all,

I am suffering with this same kind of RFE... my edu eval was not accepted too. Some other member who had the same problem said that his attorney is planning to write to NSC that Edu. related issues do not fall under NSC but only DOL. That is a bad and attacking approach.

there is nothing much we can do about this even thou it's under EB3 or EB2...

Also, NSC does not take all the decisions by TrustForte blindly. maybe we need to raise a stink by sending emails to popular radio shows and TV shows explaining the errenous attitude of the service centers which might get national attention.

anyway, my lawyer is working on some peculiar strategy to reply for my RFE. will keep u posted when i get all the details.

maheshcr said:
This is the response I received from TrustForte.

“You should be fine with this evaluation – either way, you do not have one degree that establishes just the bachelor’s equivalency – your BCom is only 3 years and is only equivalent to Bachelor’s in the US in combination with your PG degree, and your Master’s in IT is more than just a Bachelors.”

Mahesh

Hi Bunny01,

Did you already have your credentials evaluated when you sent it to the DOL? I would like to know if the RFE was initiated after getting the credentials evaluated.

Good Luck,

Mahesh

Bunny,

You assesment is right. Let's see what our attorney's come up with. We should share what our respective attorney is doing to cross verify with other attorneys and come up with a sensible response to RFE.

Question

Please let me know if you able to get the 3 year BSC degree evaluation as us equivalent..

sbss said:
Bhaskar,

Please keep us posted if you get any response from NSC. This will help a lot of us. How many yrs of Academic Study is involved in Chartered Accountancy.

I am also trying to get my 3 yrs BSC evaluated as a Single source equivalent to a 4 yrs Bachelors degree. Not sure if this will work.

Mahesh,

Hello All,

Yes, i had my education evaluation enclosed while applying for I-140 saying that my 3 yr deg was equi with US deg. but NSC did not accept it. They want to see a single source Comp. related degree which i think in their terms is ONLY 4 yrs...

my deadline is Sept 15th... let's all PLEASE share our attorney's strategies.

Btw, getting ur 3 yr deg evaluated by some big agency as 4 yr US equi does not ADD much weight. there has to be a creative approach to this and i believe NOT many attorneys are finding it easy to answer these RFE's... so we need to be extra cautious...and hope for something from Above to do miracles.

sbss said:
Bhaskar,

Mahesh,

Mahesh and everybody else:
NSC is neigher accepting 3year degree as eqaulant nor any combination of 3years plus diploma as eqaual to 4 year US degree.

This is very very bad situation for anybody other than 4year degree. All other centers accepting combination (3years degree + 1year diploma) except NSC.

I did my education evalution through Trustfort and two others to prove that my Chatered Accountacy is equalant to single source US bachelors degree in Accounting. All three firms said the same thing. My marklists are spread for four years. But, only problem with CA is that it is a certificate not called as 'degree'. So I am not sure how NSC is going to decide. It has been three weeks since I replied. Hoping for decision this week. I will update status if I recieve any thing.

Bhaskar,

Is it just the 3 years bachelor's degree + diploma that cannot be evaluated or is it also the Master's as well that cannot be evaluated in equivalent to the US education?

I have a Master's in Information Technology from an UK university as well.

Good Luck!

Mahesh

Please let me know if you come up with some +ve approach. My deadline is in OCT. So still there's some time to do a last attempt. If this don't work then I am thinking of appealing the decision. Humm... Very bad situation...

bunny01 said:
Hello All,

Yes, i had my education evaluation enclosed while applying for I-140 saying that my 3 yr deg was equi with US deg. but NSC did not accept it. They want to see a single source Comp. related degree which i think in their terms is ONLY 4 yrs...

my deadline is Sept 15th... let's all PLEASE share our attorney's strategies.

Btw, getting ur 3 yr deg evaluated by some big agency as 4 yr US equi does not ADD much weight. there has to be a creative approach to this and i believe NOT many attorneys are finding it easy to answer these RFE's... so we need to be extra cautious...and hope for something from Above to do miracles.
:mad: :confused: :confused: