NSC I-140 RFE Experiances

guys,

i responded to my RFE (Education- 3yr degree) in Mar. LUD has not changed since!!! Stuck on Mar 21.

Mentally worn out now.......

Updates on Approvals of I-140

Guys,
Any updates for today.
Looks there are no approvals for today.
If any updates regarding NSC I140 cases , please share in this thread.

140 Approval after RFE

Hi Friends,
My I-140 approved and got confirmation message around 4.30pm EST.
Thank you very much for your help.You guys will also see approvals soon.

EB3/NSC I-140/I-485/AP/EAD Concurrent
RD- 07/04/2004
EAD AD - 09/20/2004
1st FP - 03/19/2005
I-485 LUD - 3/24/2004 (FP recvd)
I-140 RFE - 04/21/2005(Exp.letters from Previous Emloyers with 3-tier architecture)
I-140 RFE Recd - 06/29/2005 LUD - 06/30,7/1, 07/05,7/06 AD-7/14

Status on concurrent filing

Just for ur information-
NSC EB3/I-140/I-485/EAD/AP RD- 02/20/05 ND-02/25/05
EAD AD-05/01/05
I-140 LUD- 03/01/05
I-485 LUD- 05/02/05

THX

I-140 RFE -- discrepany in name

USCIS has issued a RFE because of discrepancy in name on degree certificate and the I-140 petition. My degree certificate from Pune university has my father's first name as part of the name on the Degree cerificate.
we have been asked to submit evidence to prove that the person on the degree and the alien beneficiary are the same person.

Anybody with similar RFE experience or any suggestions on how to respond to this RFE, please reply.

Thanks

Av_GcQuest said:
USCIS has issued a RFE because of discrepancy in name on degree certificate and the I-140 petition. My degree certificate from Pune university has my father's first name as part of the name on the Degree cerificate.
we have been asked to submit evidence to prove that the person on the degree and the alien beneficiary are the same person.

Anybody with similar RFE experience or any suggestions on how to respond to this RFE, please reply.

Thanks
Hi Av,
One of the users got the RFE on name issue. You please do search the forum. Start searching from March this year. Once you find you can send the person PM or page him on the forum. Also post new one with Name issue so some one may reply.
Thanks
KK

:rolleyes:

Hi kriskish,

What could be the normal time frame by which we can receive FP notice? When we are about to get FP notice, does the I485 LUD will change? If any one have info. On this pl. let me know

With Regards
GS2005

kriskish said:
Hi Av,
One of the users got the RFE on name issue. You please do search the forum. Start searching from March this year. Once you find you can send the person PM or page him on the forum. Also post new one with Name issue so some one may reply.
Thanks
KK

Hi GCSeeker,
We got FP with in 4 weeks of applying 140/485. Then after two months my wife got her Biometrics and later in May I got my Biometric. Different people got FP in different time lines. Getting FP and Biometric notices us based on the slots available in application process center. I live in Denver and it is always open. Hope this helps.
Thanks
KK

KK,
Thanks for your info. Could you pl. clarify on the following point, while USCIS sending the FP notice, does I485 LUD has changed or it was same?

With Regs
GS2005

kriskish said:
Hi GCSeeker,
We got FP with in 4 weeks of applying 140/485. Then after two months my wife got her Biometrics and later in May I got my Biometric. Different people got FP in different time lines. Getting FP and Biometric notices us based on the slots available in application process center. I live in Denver and it is always open. Hope this helps.
Thanks
KK

Hi GC,
My wife's 485 LUD changed after FP but message was same.
My 485 LUD did not change after FP same message.
My wife's 485 LUD changed after Biometrics same message.
My 485 LUD changed after Biometrics same message.

Hope this helps.
Thanks
KK

I140 approved after 1month of RFE receipt

My I140 got approved after RFE. It took a month to get approved after RFE was received.

kumarrad said:
My I140 got approved after RFE. It took a month to get approved after RFE was received.

Hi Kumar , congradulations on I-140 Approval.
Can you post your officer code please?
Bcz my datea exactly with your dates.

Thanks

kumarrad said:

Congrats..

Could u please write the Officer Code?

Also, is there any other member waiting after responding the rfe from the Officer JLN EX395?

Educational Credentials

I've got an Rfe for educational credentials today.
1.Education : "Please submit evidence that the beneficiary possesses, at a minimum, an U.S Bach Degree in computer science or related field, OR a single-source, foreign degree that is equivalent to an U.S Bach degree"

I have B.Sc and MBA marketing +11 yrs exp. However the RFE states "single source" foreign degree in above fields..

Is anyone knows how to reply to this RFE. I guess my 3 years BSc degree is not equivalent to US Bach degree?

Thanks

Hi kukuchaku,

That's a million dollar Q....
Almost every person who has 3 yr Degree is having this problem even after submitting Edu. evaluation. I am not sure, how to respond to my RFE. What does ur attorney say? What does ur ETA750 box 14 and 15 have? if "equivalent" or "combination" is mentioned, replying to RFE might be easier. Good luck!

kukuchaku said:
I've got an Rfe for educational credentials today.
1.Education : "Please submit evidence that the beneficiary possesses, at a minimum, an U.S Bach Degree in computer science or related field, OR a single-source, foreign degree that is equivalent to an U.S Bach degree"

Thanks

bunny01 said:
Hi kukuchaku,

That's a million dollar Q....
Almost every person who has 3 yr Degree is having this problem even after submitting Edu. evaluation. I am not sure, how to respond to my RFE. What does ur attorney say? What does ur ETA750 box 14 and 15 have? if "equivalent" or "combination" is mentioned, replying to RFE might be easier. Good luck!
Hi Bunny,

I have a similar RFE and the officer code is same as yours ( Same RFE date as well). Let us share the reasearch that we are doing and help each other out.

My Attorney feels that there is better chance of getting approval from the AAO if I convert my case from EB2 to EB3. Since your case is anyway EB3 , you should be able to get it apporoved from the AAO if NSC denies your reply to RFE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi SBS,

Is your office code 053? If so, I am in the same boat as yours and I have got an RFE on education evaluation. I have a bachelor's degree in commerce, Higher diploma in s/w engg. from aptech and a master's degree in Information Technology from an UK university.

My attorney was about to respond stating the DOL has already approved the education requirements and it doesn't fall under NSC's jurisdiction. However, there was no mention of my master's in the RFE, so I got my education evaluated by TrustForte and had sent it to attorney so they could send the completed evaluation along with my Master's degree. My attorney is yet to respond to the RFE.

Please share your RFE experience as well.

Thanks

Mahesh

Mahesh,

My Labor needs a Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Science. I had sent an evaluation which stated that my 3 Yrs Bsc Degree in conjunction with my 2 Yrs MBA are equivalent to a US Bachelors.

NSC is not accepting combination. They want an equivalent from a single source.

I have the following options (As per my research and my attorney)

1. Get my 3 yrs BSc evaluated to be equivalent to a 4 Yr BS from US University (Remote Chances) and respond to the RFE with the new evaluation.

2. Withdraw my 140/EB2 and apply under EB3.

3.Respond to the RFE and expect a Miracle to happen (Good Chances)

If anyone in this Forum can suggest any other option, please let me know.

If the petition gets denied, then I would file MTR and also appeal. What we need to do here is to come up with some creative ideas to respond to this type of RFE. If this rule is imposed continuously then several Indian nationals with 3 yrs degree will be affected.

Last edited by a moderator: