NSC approvals Tracking: Part V

I have the same question.

How long is it taking for CP at Chennai? Or other location?
From filing I-485 and I-824 to interview at the consulate??
Thanks.

Gheewalabhai

Have you received your receipt yet? I called my lawyer last thursday and he hadn\'t received any as of then.

Inspire - yours should be soon

My lawyer received receipt this morning. She was saying it was sent
to ins around 10/3 - 10/4. There seems to be a huge backlog in the mail room. I called AVR and it says it "WAS RECEIVED" on 10/24.
I don\'t understand if that is RD or ND. Here it looks RD and ND
are the same, because notice is already sent.

Questions to experts: In AVR do they say RD and ND both or they
just mention RD??? When they say RD does that mean it is the day they record on their system? So, when you count 60 days, which day
do you consider? Seems like I lost almost a month in the mail room (10/3-10/24)?
Thanks.

gheewalabhai

i think the receipt date is the date they receive the application, take the fees from you and enter it into thier system. I think you might have been stuck in the mailroom for that long, its very possible considering the Anthrax Scare. The approval date is different and it tells you that you are approved on so and so date. On the AVM they just mention the receipt date before the application is approved.

Gheewlabhai!!!

How did you get the receipt number. My company wont give me receipt
number. Is there any way I can trace with out interfering my lawyer.
I wanna track my case. My application was submitted on 16 OCT.
Thanks

Krishna

They should give it to you, i think it is your right at least
to monitor the progress. you are not interferring anything with the
process. you may need to wait another week because yours was sent on oct16. not ready yet. just ask the lawyer politely, definitely they should read that over the phone!

Hi, Gheewalabhai

I got the return mail that said INS received my I-140 on 10/11/01. However, I didn\'t receive any official notice about my application. Can you tell me how can I do now?
by the way, I send it by priority and certificed mail.
Thanks

NSC-user.

NCS_user

did you file yourself?
you should be getting regular receipt that INS sends out for any
applications, like for H1 F1 etc when you apply for anything.
should be getting soon because yours is 10/11 sent date. they received just now so printing a receipt may take a week or two. probably sooner.

Thanks, They received it on 10/11/01, but not give me any notice up to now.

Because I mail it using the returned address, once they receive it, the card mailed back to me on 10/12/01. I received the card on 10/16/01. I am filling for myself. Do you have any ideas? Thanks again

NSC-user

Thanks Gheewlabai!!!

The only problem is that I am working for Big 5 and I didn\'t even
get a chance to speak with my attorney at all. Every thing has to
go through my external immigration council. And they wont tell us any
receipt dates or numbers. Is there any tricks that you know to find out?? Thanks a bunch buddy!!! You are excellent on this forum...

In either case

should be getting when it arrives. I am sure they will give that to
you if you exert little pressure from your end. The mail room
signed on 10/** two weeks ago so add 2-3 weeks on top of that,
it will be 1week + before you hear anything. And remember NSC is backlogged for outgoing mail. That is what happened in mine.

Return receipt you got is nothing but it just means it entered the building and you got back that info on your end. it doesn\'t mean that they have started entering data from your app. Hope this helps.

140 approved

LIN-01-267-57***

RD: SEPT 12th, 2001
ND: SEPT 18th, 2001
AD: November 1st, 2001
RIR EB3