NSC Approvals Tracker-starting 11/05/02

It took about 18 working days (after they received the I-140 documents) to get my approval on Oct 5th.

So, you should get the approval by Nov 4, 2005. Good luck.

Johnie_Walker said:
Hi Everybody

My employed filed by 1140 yesterday(06-Oct-2005). My labor got approved through PERM on 26-Sep-2005. EB3 Category. When can i expect my I140 approval?

kentp:

Click on : Case Status & Processing Dates link on uscis.gov web site. Thereafter, you can register and create a log in for yourself.

There is a check box for receiving automated emails whenever there is an update on your case. The email address from which I received email was: "CRIS" <USCIS-SRMT@dhs.gov>

kentp said:
Congrats gcin05, Please share the email address of USCIS which sent you the status.
We can check and keep a close look in the BULK folder. :)

Late Sept. 05, filing for I-140/I485

Hi Gurus,

After a very hectic fortnight for the family, my lawyer finally compiled and fedexed the I-140/485/AP/EAD petitions on Sept 26, 05. The USCIS has encashed all the checks on Oct 5th. With the LIN# ,stamped behind the encashed check I verified the status on line with the USCIS, and they report that the petition was received on Oct 3rd. I am not sure if this is a typo, since the papers reached the USCIS on Sept 27th (lawyers verification thro Fedex). My Lawyer has not received any communication from USCIS so far.

I hope I have not missed the bus ( ref: EB2 regression from Oct 1st).

1. Are there more persons in the same situation?
2. With the USCIS encashing all the checks, does it mean they will process the EAD/AP/I-140 petitions, now?
3. For I-485 petitions received after Oct 1st, would they encash the checks?

With Best wishes for the folks in these hard times with the US immigration.

Higcoptimist

If the enchased checks were for EAD or AP, I would speculate that USCIS accepted your I485 petition. My I-140/485/EAD/AP were sent on Sep 28. Let's see what happens. I have no updates from my lawyer so far (I did not cut any check, hence cannot track it).

kn12_2000

kn12_2000 said:
If the enchased checks were for EAD or AP, I would speculate that USCIS accepted your I485 petition. My I-140/485/EAD/AP were sent on Sep 28. Let's see what happens. I have no updates from my lawyer so far (I did not cut any check, hence cannot track it).

kn12_2000

Hi,

Yes, they encashed all the checks , including the ones for AP, EAD. Please post your details, once you hear from your lawyer.

Higcoptimist

I-140 approvals

gcin05 said:
It took about 18 working days (after they received the I-140 documents) to get my approval on Oct 5th.

So, you should get the approval by Nov 4, 2005. Good luck.
Hi gcin05, I am new to this forum .how did you get the approval for I-140 that soon, when the uscis official web site shows the the processing date of applications are May 1, 2004. I dont understand this. please explain to me.

gcin05 said:
kentp:

Click on : Case Status & Processing Dates link on uscis.gov web site. Thereafter, you can register and create a log in for yourself.

There is a check box for receiving automated emails whenever there is an update on your case. The email address from which I received email was: "CRIS" <USCIS-SRMT@dhs.gov>

Do we need the application number/receipt number of LIN number ot register at this site.

dcmetro22042 said:
nope. but you shall need it to track ur petition.
hi guys i m new to this i-140 forum ..how much timing it is taking on i-140 from Nebraska Servivce center..ur inputs are appreciated...

and any one can tell how to find the category if the occupation is software engineer if it is a EBor EB3 case please write.
thanks
vijay0101

Similar situation ...

Mine is similar, my papers were sent to USCIS on Spet 28th, but the checks were drawn only on 18th with status on website showing receipt date of Oct 17th. But my attorney got receipt date of Sept 30. I assume USCIS received loads of application in the last one week which took them more time to enter into database. But I have read on immigration-law.com, as per rules they are supposed to give receipt date on the same day they received application irrespective of when the application is entered into the system.

So I am hopeful that although the online receipt date is different, they will still go ahead and process EAD and AP while waiting for visa numbers to be available.

higcoptimist said:
Hi,

Yes, they encashed all the checks , including the ones for AP, EAD. Please post your details, once you hear from your lawyer.

Higcoptimist

I140

My husband files in EB1-1 category got RFE replied on Aug10th, LUD changed 11th Aug 2005 but no reply yet. Anybody in the same situation.

I applied I140 in EB1-2 category, AD Sep 27th, RD Sept 28th, LUD Oct 7th. still waiting.
I hope something works.

Today I got an email that AP was approved as well. Sadly it might be a moot point again for me as I am hearing that 140 RFE expects me to convert EB2 to EB3 which would make both EAD and AP useless for me :(

May I know your educational background?

dcmetro22042 said:
Today I got an email that AP was approved as well. Sadly it might be a moot point again for me as I am hearing that 140 RFE expects me to convert EB2 to EB3 which would make both EAD and AP useless for me :(

Hi dcmetro22042,

Could you please let me know your educational background and what type of RFE that you did get on your I-140?. Since I have also filed my I-140/I-485 concurrently in EB2 at NSC with the ND of 10/13/05. I did my bachelor's (3yrs.) and Masters in Computer Applications (3yrs.).

Thanks in advance.

h1b2ndterm said:
Mine is similar, my papers were sent to USCIS on Spet 28th, but the checks were drawn only on 18th with status on website showing receipt date of Oct 17th. But my attorney got receipt date of Sept 30. I assume USCIS received loads of application in the last one week which took them more time to enter into database. But I have read on immigration-law.com, as per rules they are supposed to give receipt date on the same day they received application irrespective of when the application is entered into the system.

So I am hopeful that although the online receipt date is different, they will still go ahead and process EAD and AP while waiting for visa numbers to be available.

h1b2ndterm said:

Hi,

I checked on the USCIS web site and my EB2, I-140 has been approved on 25th. Waiting for my Lawyer to receive the hard copy. My lawyer tell me that they will process the EAD/AP soon
And the long wait for the I-485 begins

Cheers
Higcoptimist

I-140/485/AP/EAD sent date Sept 26th
I-140/485/AP/EAD RD Sept 27th
I-140/485/AP/EAD ND Oct 5th
I-140 AD Oct 25th
EAD ??
AP ??
I-485 ??

I140 Approved today

I checked on USCIS website and found that my I-140 was approved today.
Waiting on EAD and AP for me and wife.

EB2/RIR/MI
I-140/485/AP/EAD sent date Sept 27th
I-140/485/AP/EAD RD Sept 30th
I-140 Aproved Oct 31st
EAD Awaited
AP Awaited
485 ???????

LEO

Last edited by a moderator:
leogsb said:

EB2/RIR/MI
I-140 Aproved Oct 31st
EAD Awaited
AP Awaited
485 ???????

LEO
Congrats Leogsb,

Looks like the Nebraska is moving fast. Hope the 485 moves at the same pace (Am I day dreaming!!!!!!!!!!!)

Today, my Lawyer received the hard copy of my I-140 approval notice. My company, too, received the courtesy copy.

Cheers
Higcoptimist

leogsb said:

EB2/RIR/MI
I-140 Aproved Oct 31st
EAD Awaited
AP Awaited
485 ???????

LEO
Congrats LeoGSB.

Is your LUD changed for I-485 when i-140 LUD changed.

My details -
EB2/RIR
I-140/485/AP/EAD RD Sept 26th, ND 09/28
I-140 LUD 10/24
I-485 LUD 10/24
EAD - ???
AP - ???

Thanks!

Congrats Leo, What is the receipt date shown on Website. Although my papers were received on 9/30, the receipt date is showing as 10/17. I believe NSC took a while to enter all information into databae. But the hardcopy received my lawyer mentions receipt date as 9/30. Thanks for your response in advance.

leogsb said:

EB2/RIR/MI
I-140 Aproved Oct 31st
EAD Awaited
AP Awaited
485 ???????

LEO

Thank you hicoptimist, Manmadh and h1b2ndterm.

Yes. Nebraska is definitely moving faster than ever. Getting I-140 approved so quick was a pleasant surprise. I hope that you guys and others waiting eagerly for approval get it faster.

Manmadh,
Please let me now what LUD stands for and where I can find it? I will then let you know about my 485 LUD status. Sorry, I am not completely familiar with all the immigration-related acronyms. :rolleyes:

h1b2ndterm,
My papers were received at USCIS on 9/27 but the online receipt date is shown as 9/ 30. My checks were drawn on 10/3. Don’t worry, if you already have a hard copy from USCIS showing receipt date as 9/30. Also if your checks are drawn, it means that your case is being processed. Good luck.

Leo

EB2/RIR/MI
I-140 Aproved Oct 31st
EAD Awaited
AP Awaited
485 ???????