NSC Approvals Tracker-starting 11/05/02

140 Tracking

Please tell me if this is the forum for tracking 140. just now promoted from Labor to 140 stage

Many are concerned about the 3-year degree from India and many have posted that BCIS will only accept Single 4 year degree or it should be mentioned on LC that employer would accept combination of degrees.
Here is some info related to that issue from Sheela Murthy:
Education Abroad and I-140s and foreign equivalent degree

http://www.murthy.com/ukmurtak.html

Source: Posting by Unitednations in this discussion board.
Thank you Unitednations for this information.

I also received an RFE for educational equivalency, here is an excerpt from the RFE:

"please submit evidence that the beneficiary holds a bachelor's degree in accounting or finance as is specified by the individual labor certification. While your evidence establishes that the combination of his bachelor's degree and his associate membership on the State Board of Accountancy is equivalent to such a degree (AND THIS IS SUFFICIENT FOR H-1B PURPOSES), your labor certification makes no provision for the acceptance of such a combination in lieu of a bachelor's degree in one of the fields specified. In addition, the Service holds that the evidence must establish that a foregin bachelor's degree be found equivalent to a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in the United States".

My Details:

140: R/D 12/28/03
N/D 01/05/04
485: R/D 12/28/03
N/D 01/05/04

Hoping to get 140 approval soon. I want to change employer.

thanks

Any I129B Approval

Hi,
I filed an applease on June 28 for denial on I140 in EB3 Category, We have not heard anything till now. I have not filed I485. Which I cant file now due to retrogession.
I was thinking if we should start over again and apply in EB2 category in place of waiting for EB3.
Do you think this as a good idea.

Thank You,
JP

I 140 Finally Approved

Guys I received an email stating that I 140 has been approved
Received Date :2003/12/19
Notice Date:2003/12/24
EB-3 India
Date I 140 Approved 2005/02/03

good to see I140 moving

Congratulations Sameermiani !

Rest, Im bit pleased to see some one is getting approved and I140 is moving. Mine was filed in July 2004. Now applications filed in 12/03 are being processed... I have another 8 months to wait I guess. I can wait to get it approved instead of getting RFE. Wont you ?

Follow this thread for other appeal cases, and update your profile.

http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=133912

jprangi said:
Hi,
I filed an applease on June 28 for denial on I140 in EB3 Category, We have not heard anything till now. I have not filed I485. Which I cant file now due to retrogession.
I was thinking if we should start over again and apply in EB2 category in place of waiting for EB3.
Do you think this as a good idea.

Thank You,
JP

Do I-140 processing times vary for concurrent and single filing?

Hello everyone,
My LCA recently got approved. Unfortunately, I was unable to go for the concurrent processing because of the recent retrogrssions.

I was talking to a friend, who told me that since I have missed concurrent processing and my I-140 is being filed separately, it will get processed in 6 to 8 weeks. Here are my questions:

1. Is it correct that the processing time for I-140 in case of concurrent filing is longer than when it is filed separately?

2. Where can I find the I-140 priority dates for separate filings?

3. If my I-140 takes longer and I-485 priority date becomes current for me while my I-140 is still pending, can I still go ahead and file my I-485?

Thanks a lot for all your help!

I-140 approved

Hi,
My I-140 got approved on March 23 (e-mail notification and also on cis website).
My RD (concurrent filing) is 05/06/2004.
I had not got any fp notice till last month. Did my fp on March 18th and on March 23 LUD changed for 485 and also for I-140. I-140 mentioned that my case had been approved and received an e-mail too.
Yes, before I miss out, I had called my senator as I had not received any fp notice (and most others had) and tagged along the I-140 querry too.
Call your senator as it seems to work.
Guess now I will be able to use AC21 if need arises. :) :)

Best of luck to all. Hang out there and hey, your approvals will come too.

Regards
Singhflying

Hi,
My I-140 got approved a couple of days back. Consurrent filing ND 05/06/2004. So you do not have to wait for 8 months !!!!!

Regards
Singhflying

How to call senator?

Hi:
Congratulations for getting your I140 cleared?
How to call senator? and senator of which state or designation?

thanks,

Mind boggling relief

All,

Some of you will be happy to know that I got my I-140 approved.

EB3 Category.
RD - July 28th 2004
ND - Aug 2nd 2004.
I-140 Approval Date - 04/15/2005.
Concurrent filing.

I was sure my application would be denied based on the fact that my LC was approved on a combination of Education and Work experience. I had to convince my employer and lawyer that we should use only my education for the I-140 (thankfully I had done 2 more years toward my masters and had the score cards to prove it although not the final degree as I had 2 papers yet to complete.)

We are so elated we are giddy. Thank you all for your advice and support and good luck! If you have questions, do ask.

Regards,
RatherGetShot.

The lord works in mysterious ways

Don't know where the spreadsheet is. If someone pulls it up, feel free to enter another case:

I140 EB2 (LC based, large employer)
non-concurrent filing

ND 7/15/04
AD 5/12/05

no RFE's, no LUD changes, nothing between ND and AD.

My I140 approved

All,

I'm happy to announce that I got my I-140 approved.

RD - OCT 5th 2004

I-140 Approval Date - 05/27/2005.
Concurrent filing.

Question:

My I485 ND is NOV 5th 2004, How long approval takes after the I140 approval?
Good luck to all of you.