NSC Approvals Tracker-starting 11/05/02

File I-140 now or wait and file concurrently later?

Does anyone have any thoughts on Abdallah's question below? I'm in the same situation now and wonder what's the best strategy.

abdallah said:
Hello everyone,
My LCA recently got approved. Unfortunately, I was unable to go for the concurrent processing because of the recent retrogrssions.

I was talking to a friend, who told me that since I have missed concurrent processing and my I-140 is being filed separately, it will get processed in 6 to 8 weeks. Here are my questions:

1. Is it correct that the processing time for I-140 in case of concurrent filing is longer than when it is filed separately?

2. Where can I find the I-140 priority dates for separate filings?

3. If my I-140 takes longer and I-485 priority date becomes current for me while my I-140 is still pending, can I still go ahead and file my I-485?

Thanks a lot for all your help!

abdallah,

Based on my best knwoldge here is my answer to your questions.

1)Since they have started adjudicating the I140 and I485 separatly, i think it should not matter weather you file concurently or separatly.

2)I don't think there is a place where you can find it other than reading the threads here and looking at the trackers.

3)Yes, you can.

Thanks
DBU

Yes, Desi boy is correct. However, Nebraska Service Center (NSC) has always been unpredictable. So, a I-140 can be approved within a few weeks at best and within several months at worst. You can always file your AOS application (I-485/I-765/I-131) in case your immigrant visa becomes current and your I-140 is approved or not. In such a case, you would use your I-140 receipt and submit your I-485 application. This is also referred to as "Semi-Concurrent" processing on these boards.

desi_boy_usa said:
abdallah,

Based on my best knwoldge here is my answer to your questions.

1)Since they have started adjudicating the I140 and I485 separatly, i think it should not matter weather you file concurently or separatly.

2)I don't think there is a place where you can find it other than reading the threads here and looking at the trackers.

3)Yes, you can.

Thanks
DBU

Regarding Biometrics - Help

Hello,
This question os for a friend who is struggling with a dilemma.

My friend (EB3) had his 140 Approved a year and a half ago. He completed his fingerprinting Feb of 2004. He is EB3 was affected by retogression. He was thanking his starts as he had 1 year time to find the girl of his dreams in India. He found her in india and has planned to getting married in September. He is in the 7th year extension on his H1B. If he visits home he will have to apply for a H1B Stamping.

Here is his testing time. He just received a notice to do Biometrics scheduled in August 2. He is worried that before his marriage he might get his 485 approved (In my case I received the GC Card in the mail a week after 485 was approved).

What is his best approach to delay his 485 approval by delaying his Biometrics? How long can he postpond the Biometrics by more than 2 months?

EAD & advanced payrol

hello huyz just filed my i-40 and 1-485 (sep 1st) got the recipt notice. how long will it take to get my advanced payrol and EAD

EB-2
nabraska

So does one get a receipt within 2 weeks? Filed my 140/485 just recently and wanted to understand when I can expect the RD notice from Nebraska.

My I-140 was files on 9/13/05. I have not received any receipt number yet. Who receives the number? Lawyer or the applicant? Where can we track the processing of I-140?

Last edited by a moderator:
gcin05 said:
My I-140 was files on 9/13/05. I have not received any receipt number yet. Who receives the number? Lawyer or the applicant? Where can we track the processing of I-140?

How does one track the status of I-140? Email , Internert website or phone number?

One way to get the receipt/LIN number is to look at the back side of the $190 check (once it is encashed by USCIS) that is sent to the USCIS for I-140.

Most banks have online system that allows customers to view checks (front side and back side) electronically after they are encashed.

Now, if the check is sent by the employer and is not your personal check, then you would have to wait for the lawyer to receive the LIN number, which may take about 2 weeks.

Saw it on my lawyers status website. Should be getting my receipts by next week in hand. Just registered and created a portfolio on the USCIS website as well. Lets see how well they keep me updated. Will check that space maybe every week. Or two weeks.

kentp said:
Did you get an email from INS, or the lawyer/employer updated you?

I files my I140 on sep 23rd

I filed my I140 sub lab on sep 23rd (received by USCIS).
My employer check got cleared yesterday.
I am waiting for my I140 receipt number.
PD is Oct 2003 on labour.

I-140 Approved

My I-140 got approved yesterday. Received email from USCIS today.
I-140 RD = 9/12/05, LUD = 9/15/05, AD = 10/5/05.

PD = Dec 02, AD = July 2005, EB3, MI, Retrogression Affected.
I485- Not filed.

wow. thats fast. congrats! I filed my 140/485 on 9/20. Im really hoping for similar success as well! :) in my case though, I filed the 485 concurrently...hope that does not add any delays

gcin05 said:
My I-140 got approved yesterday. Received email from USCIS today.
I-140 RD = 9/12/05, LUD = 9/15/05, AD = 10/5/05.

PD = Dec 02, AD = July 2005, EB3, MI, Retrogression Affected.
I485- Not filed.

Congrats gcin05, Please share the email address of USCIS which sent you the status.
We can check and keep a close look in the BULK folder. :)

I140 Filed yesterday

Hi Everybody

My employed filed by 1140 yesterday(06-Oct-2005). My labor got approved through PERM on 26-Sep-2005. EB3 Category. When can i expect my I140 approval?