NSC Approvals Tracker 9 - starting 10th July 02

Tracker Updated 08/27/02

Congratulations to those who have been approved. Let us hope September is as good a month as was May.

THIS IS INS FOLKS. Happy for Venkat CNV, Glakes etc. My case is
RD 01/26/02
RFE 04/xx/02
RFE RD 06/26/02

NO DECISION YET. THESE IDIOTS CAN NOT DO ONE THING RIGHT. NO WONDER, IF YOU ARE NOT CAPABLE OF DOING ANYTHING IN LIFE YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO WORK FOR ins. BRAVO.

RFE - EB3/RIR - RD 06/25/02

Guys,

Congrats to the new approvals. Keep posting your experiences in the next stage.

Rsur, could you add my RFE to the tracker -

EB3/RIR
RD 06/25/02
RFE 08/27/02

Right on Target. Within 2 months INS picked up my file.

I will post the notice details once I receive it.

Hang in there... you will see the light at the end of the tunnel
( hope it's not an approaching train! ;) )

Pitme
:)

Hi LW1998 ,

I am also waiting on INS to pull my file. Mine is EB2 RD May 8th , its more than 110 days of waiting. Lookslike INS has no standards in their style of functioning. When I contacted my lawyer , he says it's of no use contacting INS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where does it say on the I-140 application that you belong to EB2 or EB3?

I checked the application for I-140 it does say if you belong to Eb2 or Eb3. Guys any light on this issue.

ND 04/30/2002 EB3/RIR
no news untill today no RFE's nothing, getting the same old message "Your I-140 was received on 04/30/2002 ........." (every body knows these words).

Did not file 485 thinking that "Why to confuse INS when my case is at its corner?"
Does it make any sense to wait for I-140 approval before filing 485????

Guys come out with something........

Hi , Incomplete FAQ on I-140

I updated imcomplete FAQ of I-140 again on
ImmigrationPortal Forums > ImmigrationPortal.com > US Immigration > Immigrant Visas (Green Cards) > I-485 Issues > Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

Re : Where does it say on the I-140 application that you belong to EB2 or EB3?

In Part 2 of the Application under Petition Type

If you choose

d. --- EB2

e. --- EB3

This is from my understanding. Please cross check. If you have enough time left on your H1 it is better to wait for the i-140 because of the significant fees required for i-485.

EB2 vs EB3

Spoke to attorney. His EB2 March cases are not approved where as EB3 June cases are approved.

I'm EB2/RIR ND-03/28.

Hoping for the best.

Please add me to the track:

EB2

RD 7/25/02
ND 7/25/02
Ad ?

Filed 485 concurrently earlier this month.

Hope the best!

RSur

Thanks for your reply. I did not quite understand the part "of the significant fees required for i-485" can please let me know why you said that, because my company is paying for my 485 filling and attorney fees, I need to pay for my EAD (inclusing my wife's EAD) and Advance Parole (including my wifes Parole).

We need to pay this any time right. Please reply. :confused:

KM-MP

Those are the fees my attorney talked about as also the 200$ per person for medicals. In the unlikely case that the i-140 is denied than all those fees are wasted. It is a judgement call. You would have to balance it with the benefit you would get. Do you need the EAD or AP urgently? Is your h-1 going to expire soon within a year? (That is again and expense to renew). In this economy I have known companies who think twice about the smallest of costs. My advise would be to make a chart of the benefits/expenses and take an informed decision. The bottom line - Just because you CAN file concurrently does not necessarily mean you SHOULD.

Hope this helps

Rsur

AVM Updates in the morning time

Regarding AVM update , I guess it is in the morning between 5-30 and may be 9-00 AM. I checked the status of my I-140 on a day at about 5-30 in the morning and heard that the processing days is 90-120 days.On the same day I saw some one posting that the number of days for processing was increased to 130-160 days and it was posted sometime around 9-00 AM.
Any input is appreciated.....

RSur

What ever you said is perfectly correct !!!! That was a wise thinking (no kidding) .......

I would like to think positive. If you have a perfect job thats when you can take chances, so I would think it is better to take a chance right now instead of struggling what to do when your H1 is about to expire. Immunizations records can be used whenever you file 485 and even in the worst case if your I-140 was denied it is good for you (health wise) to take them (your $200 for medical is not a waste when you think the other way). Lawyer fees are paid by your company, so if your company says yes to file then I would file. Apart from that you do not need an EAD because your H1 is valid and you apply for travel docuements when a neccesity occurs (no money for EAD or AP). What do you say?? I will not be surprised if INS brings out priority dates for filing 485, you may want to add this to your benefits chart.....
I am telling you these because each person may think differently and I would like you to think in my way and make a decision and I am sure that you would take a good decision. Good Luck !

Anyway thanks for your information and I would think whoever reads your reply would and should consider it and then go ahead for 485 concurrent filing.

Thanks once again because your reply certainly helped me to take a decision to file 485.

Re: AVM Updates in the morning time

This is correct it happened to me also. I checked at 7:00am and heard 90-120 days message and saw some ones posting as days increased to 130-160 days.

As of today it has been 122 days EB3/RIR. No queries no news nothing .............

Good luck guys

Originally posted by sxpat
Regarding AVM update , I guess it is in the morning between 5-30 and may be 9-00 AM. I checked the status of my I-140 on a day at about 5-30 in the morning and heard that the processing days is 90-120 days.On the same day I saw some one posting that the number of days for processing was increased to 130-160 days and it was posted sometime around 9-00 AM.
Any input is appreciated.....

EAD for spouse only?

Is it Ok to apply EAD for spouse while the main applicant maintains the H1 status?

Re: EAD for spouse only?

Originally posted by jl001
Is it Ok to apply EAD for spouse while the main applicant maintains the H1 status?

I think it is fine. I did the same. However, take your employer's and lawyer's advise.

140 approved

Heard of my approval. Here are the details:

RD: 10 Jul 2002
AD: 28 Aug 2002

EB3/RIR.

Thanks to all those on this forum who shared their experiences.

Aishwarya

Incomplete FAQ for Concurrent Filing

I put new addition for Concurrent Filing for I-485 in

ImmigrationPortal Forums > ImmigrationPortal.com > US Immigration > Immigrant Visas (Green Cards) > I-485 Issues > Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

Thanks