NSC Approvals Tracker 9 - starting 10th July 02

130-160 days

I checked my status today. The days are moved from 90-120 days to 130-160 days now. I think it may be due to the training NSC giving for their new recruits.

Today I got the REF regarding the company financial ability to pay my salary. The problem is my small company is operating at loss. In my understanding all the financial documents show the negative number(millions of loss). I want to know if somebody has the experience or heard that the I-140 get approval with poor company financial situation. Thanks!

post complete details

can you post whether you are eb3 with bachelors or eb3 as skilled worker and your educational qualification
Good Luck

Is this true?

I saw a news article published in www.immigration-law.com ( Click "Breaking news", then scroll down to "Updated 07/17/2002"). But I am not sure if it is true or not. Does anybody know?

==============================================

Updated 07/17/2002: Alien's W-2 and Proof of Employer's Ability to Pay in Green Card Proceedings

1. The economic downturn has definitely affected the financial picture of the U.S. employers, particularly small companies. In I-140 immigrant worker petitions, the Service Centers have been growingly demanding the proof of employer's financial ability to pay. The U.S. employers and their immigration lawyers have been struggling to deal with this issue and a number of their cases have been denied.
2. One of the arguments the U.S. employers have been advancing in dealing with the Service Centers was that the alien was currently "employed and paid salary." However, some adjudicators have denied despite such evidence if they saw poor financial picture for the company either in business tax returns or financial statement.
3.The INS HQ says "no more!" It confirmed to the AILA in a liaison meeting that the alien's W-2 with the employer should be enough to prove the financial ability to pay the salary for the green card proceeding and reminded the AILA that should any ignorant adjudicator argues otherwise, the employers should tell the officer that the INS HQ said that W-2 is a good enough evidence.
4. Isn't it a beauty?

==============================================

Also, my case info is RD June 14, ND June 15, EB3/Regular, Master Degree in US.

I-140 Approved after RFE

Atlast, I can share this good news. My details are:

RD/ND: May 17, 2002
RFE: Aug 1, 2002 Details: Financial ability to pay
RFE Replied by Lawyer: Aug 14, 2002
RFE Received by INS: Aug 15, 2002
Date on which Immigration Officer taken my file to desk: Aug 20, 2002 (They said depending on his workload it might take 4 weeks)
Approved on: Aug 21, 2002

Hopefully this detailed information helps. My company basically submitted their quarterly statements, tax returns etc.

I wish you good luck to all of you and I am planning to go for CP at Chennai.

Venkat.

NIW at NSC is slow

Hi,
I filed I-140 (NIW) to NSC on 6/4/2002, and it was received the
following day. No positive news yet.
I called NSC IIO yesterday, the sleepy guy told me that NIW cases can take around 5 months to process. He further explained that there is a timetable for every type of I-140 applications. So it sounds like NIW has long queue.

If you have encouraging news regarding NIW, please share.

Why CP?

Why everybody is going for CP? Does this mean CP is faster and dependable? A person who filed 485 already, can he go for CP?

I140 REF

Friends,

I-140 @ NSC RD June 07 2002/EB3

INS has sent requst for evidence.

I have 3 yr. B.Com degree and 2 yrs computer diploma from India.

This is what INS has said in the letter.
"Please submit evidence that the alien obtained the required four years of college education leading to bachelor's degree (or foreign evuivalent) majoring in one of the fields listed on Form ETA-750 before Aug 9, 2001 (on this date My attorney filled for State Labour).

Could this be a major problem ? Anyone in the same situation ?

I have meeting with Attorney on Monday.

Thanks

Educational Evaluation

Upen, what does your educational evaluation say? does it say your studies are equivalent to a bachelors degree in computer science

Siva,

I have my degree and work experience evaluated @ Educated Choice LLC.
This is what evaluation document says :

" achieved the professional recognition as having attained the equilent of a US Bachelor Degree with a majpr in Management Information systems equal to that of an individual who has a US Bechelor's degree in the major"

2nd Evaluation is from Thomas Edison State College (NJ)

" achieved the professional recognition as having attained the equilent of a US Bachelor Degree with a major in Management Information systems equal to that of an individual who has a US Bechelor's degree in the major"

My Attorney has get this eveluation done.

On My ETA-750 (Labor Certificate) it is approved.
Bechlor's Degree (Foreign academic quivalent) & Major Field of study Computer Science

Re: I-140 Approved after RFE

Dear Venkat

Can you please tell us .. Do you applied your I-140 in which category .. EB2 or EB3??? My receipt date is May 17, 2002 in EB2 in Nebraska....

Thank you !!!!

Dax

Originally posted by Venkat CNV
Atlast, I can share this good news. My details are:

RD/ND: May 17, 2002
RFE: Aug 1, 2002 Details: Financial ability to pay
RFE Replied by Lawyer: Aug 14, 2002
RFE Received by INS: Aug 15, 2002
Date on which Immigration Officer taken my file to desk: Aug 20, 2002 (They said depending on his workload it might take 4 weeks)
Approved on: Aug 21, 2002

Hopefully this detailed information helps. My company basically submitted their quarterly statements, tax returns etc.

I wish you good luck to all of you and I am planning to go for CP at Chennai.

Venkat.

Small Incomplete FAQ regarding concurrent Filing

I put small incomplete FAQ regarding Concurrent Filing for
I140 and I485 in

ImmigrationPortal Forums > ImmigrationPortal.com > US Immigration > Immigrant Visas (Green Cards) > I-485 Issues > Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

Thanks

Hope this is true and we will see faster replies from INS

From www.immigration-law.com Breaking news
Updated 08/25/2002: INS HQ Prioritization Policy of I-140: New Wonderland

The INS sources indicate that as the INS launched the I-140/I-485 concurrent filing, the Service Centers had been given a guidance by the INS HQ to complete processing of I-140 petitions within 60-day mark. Readers, don't be surprised if you get the news that your I-140 petitions have been approved. There are indications and signs that the Service Centers indeed have started implementing this prioritization policy. This opens a question as to its impact on the concurrently filed I-485 applications with the I-140 Receipt Notice only and without the knowledge of approval of the I-140 petitions. We hope that the Service Centers continue to adjudicate the I-485 applications without rejecting such applications or issuing RFEs. Well, we'll have to wait and see. Please stay tuned to this web site.
The sign is clear with the I-140 petitions which was filed independently and pending before the concurrent filing regulation came into effect. It is, however, unclear at this point whether the Service Centers are also adopting the same policy with the concurrently filed I-140 petitions. Please stay tuned to this web site for the development of this news.

140 Prioratization

HI,

Got confused with this Prioratization.

What is this?

They are going to process ONLY new 140's (with concurrent processing )within 60 days
or
They are going to process the concurrent processing 140's in 60 days ( includes already pending 140's which were filed with 485)
or
All 140's (including regular,cp,concurrent 485 ..etc ) to process in 60 days.

Also, some places we see they are processing Mid May EB2's.Is this true?

I-140 approved

Hello! Friends,

My I-140 has been approved.

Notice Date: June 29, 2002
Lin Number: LIN-02-223-501xx
Approved Date: August 22,2002

My case is EB3/RIR(Nsc)/AoS

Since I have applied for I-485 (concurrent processing) I did not check the status of my 140. I just checked it today...

Incidentally I have also applied for my I-485 (concurrent processing) on the same date of my 140 approval.

Thanks
Glakes
:eek:

Finally

I just checked the AVM at Nebraska and found out that my case was approved on Aug 21st.

Going AOS.

Please update the spreadsheet when possible.

Thanks
Cheers
michiganboiler.

EB2 or EB3?

It is very ironic that EB2 guys have to wait for long. Looks like NSC is processing March EB2 cases and June EB3 cases.

:confused:

Re: EB2 or EB3?

EB2 RIR. My lawyer don't want to speak to INS for now.

Let me know if anyone in the same boat.

thanks

Originally posted by 140seekerJune
It is very ironic that EB2 guys have to wait for long. Looks like NSC is processing March EB2 cases and June EB3 cases.

:confused: