NSC Approvals Tracker 9 - starting 10th July 02

Hi All,

I see a flurry of posts after the concurrent filing regulations are released.I see many people unhappy about the delay in approval of their I-140.Is it because the employers are not cooperating for concurrent filing ?
Is there anyone out there,whose employers are not filing concurrent I-485s.Any inputs on this appreciated....

AVM and concurrent filing --- ND- 5/3/02 EB2RIR

AVM : It says my case cannot be found

Concurrent filing: My company is ready to file. My attorney says that since my i-140 is around the corner it is better to wait and not confuse INS.

New to I-140

Hi ,
I am new to I-140 and I applied it on 14 th of August....
Just wanted to know how long this takes and any rough ideas are appreciated.....

Thanks!

AVM

Hi All,

Two weeks ago, I checked my case (ND April 24,02 RIR EB2) and I was told "could not find...", last week, it returned to normal, need "90 to 120 days". It is ridiculous to wait so long time.

I talked with my attorney, she told me she could start to prepare my 485 forms before my I-140 being approved, but I didn't get any news from her since two weeks ago.

Does any body know if my salary must match the prevailing salary when my 485 form is ready to file?

Thanks,

Peterli

pl. update eb2 approvals.. long wait

my company is not giving the LIN numbers, giving x reasons to delay I485 filings. I have opted for cp. In a dilema to file 495 concurrently. and there's no news for EB2 approvals.
I just got Hope.

AVM : It says my case cannot be found (but my attorney was able to talk to an officier today, they said that my case has been assigned to an officier and did not make a decision on it yet)
RD 04/30/2002 EB3/RIR

Concurrent filing: My company is ready to file. My attorney says that he is ready to file my I-485 it is only me who wants to wait for few more days hoping that my i-140 is around the corner it is better to wait and not confuse INS. Infact my attorney sent all the required papers and every thing is prepared, its all set for filing, my attorney is just waiting for my signal to file.

Guys, help me to take a decision.

Any RD 07/02 approvals?

Any 140 filers with RD during July '02 approved yet? Or is it too early to expect...

Eb3/RIR RD: 07/02/02

KM-MP, we are in the same situation!

KM-MP, we are in the same situation! I have all my 485 materials ready and already gave it to my attorney.

But my 140 is much older than yours: RD and ND: 2/25/2002

My attorney recommended me to wait for 140 approval before filing 485. My attorney called IIO this morning, and she said my case is with one of the Officers, so it should be around the corner.

It is safer to wait 140 approval before filing 485. Actually, if you have legal status, why do you care a couple of weeks?

I am going to take my attorney's suggestion and wait for 140 approval before filing 485.

Hope 140 is not going to take too long (already 171 days)....., 9 more days, it will be 6 months!

If I-140 falls through will I be able to continue working with H1 extension

Hi:

I am waiting for my I-140 approval. RD - june 20th 2002.

I have a One year H1 Extension up to Nov 2nd 2003. My 6 years on H1 expires on Nov 2nd.

What happens if the I-140 does not come through -
Is the H1 one year extension still valid or is it void?

Anybody, please!!!

Best Regards,
Nagananda Motikane

Last edited by a moderator:
I will also wait I140 before I485 submission

Guys,
My lawyer doesn't want to confuse INS and have decided to wait for I140 approval before I485 application submission. However, it looks like my firm will be bought by a bigger accounting firm. According to information provided to us, our jobs will be secured during transition. But, I am scared.

:eek:

Waiting for 140 to be approved

My attorney advised me to wait till 140 is cleared but started collecting the papers as all the documents will atleast take 20 to 30 day to get it in. But my worry is when I call the NSC AVM it still says case not found. Any one in the same situation in this forum. Please respond as It is really worrying me.
Thanks

Hi arp001,

I checked my case yesterday ie 18th,August Sunday and it is found with the old message that says it takes 90-120 days blah,blah,blah.....
I came to know that if a case status is being updated it goes to not found state.So you may be on to hearing a good news soon.All the best and cheers:)

Hi sxpat,

How do you come to know that if a case status is being updated it goes to not found state.So you may be on to hearing a good news soon? Just wondering.
Because I had same experience three weeks ago that my case could not be found, one week later, the message had been changed to 90 to 120 days blah, blah..., I have waited almost 120 days so far, I checked yesterday, it was still 90 to 120 days.
Not approved yet, I don't know how long I still have to wait.:confused: :confused:

Thanks,

Hi Peterli,

A couple of weeks back , AVM message for most cases was that it's not found.I guess AVM system was screwed up.One of my friend whose 485 was approved (indeed he got his passport stamped with PR) also found the same message.
Thru the same friend I came to know that when I-140 is due for approval it goes to case not found state on AVM.

Today AVM says "It takes 90-120 days", all these days untill last Sunday it was saying "case cannot be found". I don't no if I have to feel happy for that or not.

My lawyer called INS and they said that my case with an officer and they havn't come to a decision yet.

My lawyer is ready to file my I-485, I kept it on hold. I will be waiting for one more week. Lets see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi KM-MP,

When your lawyer talked with you for filing 485, does he/she tell you to contact Dr. for medical examination? I called my lawyer this morning, she told me I need to set an appointment with a Dr. for medical exam before filing my 485.

Medical Exams for I-485 filing

peterli,

Yes. Medical exams are required as part of the filing process for I-485.

Thanks