NSC Approvals Tracker 9 - starting 10th July 02

AVM message changed to 130-160 days

Hi, all

I check my case this morning, the AVM message changed to 130-160 days. And mine has been 150 days by today. What's going on?:( :mad: :confused:

NSC AVM Issues

I have been trying to get the status form NSC AVM for the past 2-3 days and every time I get "LIN number cannot be found". I-140 was filed 05/23/02 - LIN-02-193-52xxx. When I checked during the 2nd of Aug the message was "90-120 days". Is there a problem with the AVM or is it my Case that has a problem....Gurus please help me to understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi chinnipappu

It said the same for me untill last Sunday, starting this Monday it changed. I guess it is not a problem..... you must be hearing some news from them soon.

AVM message changes .....
This is rediculos, I am hearing all the updated (most of us are) news 60-90 then 90-120 and 130-160 and I think I will one day hear "Approved" (when is that day?????????). Lets have hope.

June case

Here is my details:

LIN-02-223-XXXXX
Submitted on June 27, 2002
RD on July 8, 2002

I checked the status on August 19, 2002. The system says it takes between 90 and 120 days for my case.

According to a news came in one of the other immigration websites, NSC takes only an average of 80 days for 140 if 485 is also filed as concurrent.

Lets hope for the best :p .

Last edited by a moderator:
NSC AVM Issues

I just checked the AVM it still says "LIN Number Not Found".....any suggestions.....Filing date 05/23/02 LIN-02-193-52xxx.

For a week at the beginning of the month, the AVM was down-when it came back, almost all of us heard the message about our case numbers not being in the system. however, once that was corrected, I have been getting the same message-90 to 120 days-consistently, everyday. My case has taken 120 days now-will check with my attorney if she can check with INS.

Approved!!!!

:D Well, I guess my guess regarding AVM is correct in my case.....

I got unable to find case number about 2 wks ago and then change to same old message.... and now I got approved...

Here are the details....

RD - March 22, 02
RFE - June 26.02 - company financial
RFE received by ins - July 15,02
AD - Aug 19,02

Good luck everybody!!!!

GC_Quick, are you in ER-2 RIR category

Hi, GC_Quick,

Would you please post detail of your case?

Thanks,

I-140

EB3/RIR
LIN # 02-204-XXXXX

Received at NSC on June 07, 2002

I checked the AVM yesterday. INS has asked for more evidance.
Friends any idea What it would be and how much time would it take from here ?

NSC AVM Issues

I tried again this morning and got the same message "LIN Number Cannot be Found". I spoke to one of the Immigration Information Officer..she asked my full name and the LIN number. After a few moments she said due to the privacy act she cannot disclose the information either my attorney or my company should call to find out the status. I called my company and asked them to find out..which they did and they gave me this info

1.NSC AVM machine is having problems

2.Right now NSC is processing Mar 14th 2002 apps for catg D (alien with exceptional ability / advanced degree) so my case which is under catg D can take another 3 months.

On the E catg (skilled worker) they are processing apps received on Jun 18 2002 (some of my colleauges have received approvals their catg was E).

If anyone has more info please share it.

Its a surprise

If INS is looking at the cases received on June 7, that is a surprise. This means NSC is processing cases fast. This may be a reason why they mentioned they are processing 140s within an average duration of 80 days. There is also a possibility that they have skipped cases of April and May. This has happened in VSC for my previous employer's 140 in 2000.

I have seen my friends getting RFE to show incremental experience, company status etc... I don't think it is something to worry. If your lawyer submits the necessary documents fast, your case wont get delayed.

:D Don't worry be happy uppen1111

Details

Here are my case details.....

Labor-RIR-Submit in Jan,02
Approved Labor- late Feb, 02
I-140-EB 3-RD March 22,02
RFE - June 26,02 - Company Fin.
RFE receive by ins - July 15,02
AD - Aug 19,02

I will go for AC-140 where, in my country, I can schedule for interview in the next 2-3 weeks....

Still keep my fingers cross!!!!
:p

Hi chinnipappu,

Could you provide the detail of your case?
I waited 120 days, but still get message that such case need 130-160 days, it's ridiculous. It seems INS has no deadline for each case, they just postpone as what they want.

Thanks,

I am sad! My attorney made a fatal mistake!

Finally, after 180 days of waiting for I-140 (RD & ND: 2/25/2002):

My attroney has come to know that by mistake my I-140 had EB2 checked instead of EB3. (My Labor was EB3)

How can this be rectified and what is the procedure for this?

Please help!!!!!

Jingzhi

AVM Message is back...

Guys,
After almost 1 month of "Case Not found" message, today the AVM message is back. However, from 60-120 time frame, it has gone upto 130-160 days. That means 5 and 1/2 month. Hope it will not go high any further.

If any of you any idea behind, "why I140 is slow?" please let me know.