NSC Approvals Tracker 9 - starting 10th July 02

Tracker -------------------> 07/30/02

Added Kshashikanth, rakeshr, hyder, ginginakdi

Updated Gupte.

Congratulations Gupte.

Guys,

I have a request. Please do not update the tracker. Post your details and I will publish the updated tracker once every few days. That way I can keep it in sync and update the analysis.

Thanks

Rsur

Good News....

INS Released I-140/485 Concurrent Filing Regulation

The INS released this regulation today. The regulation has taken effect today and people can file I-140/485 concurrent packet starting today.

No more waiting for I-140........

Good luck!!
Rakesh

Concurrent filing of i-140/i-485

According to http://www.immigration-law.com the rule is an interim rule which means

Interim rules. Usually an Agency will issue an interim rule if there is a statutory or emergency requirement to issue regulations immediately. Interim rules are documents that have the same legal effect as final rules in that they amend the CFR and give an effective date. Even though there is an effective date for the interim rule, INS often asks for public comments. After the comment period expires, INS amends the interim rule by issuing a final rule.

Looks like we should go ahead and ask our attorneys to file for the 485. This is the best news I have heard in a while. Please post your feedback once you have spoken to your attorneys.

Thanks

Rsur

Dont Worry About I-140

Hi Guys,
This is the first pro-immigrant rule after september 11. You can apply 485 with 140 so Dont worry about i-140 ask your attorney to file your 485 I think it is just as if your 140 is approved(Saved 3 to 5 months on 140 also lot of tension waiting for it):D

Last edited by a moderator:
You can file right away

I got it confirmed thru my attorney, I-485 can be filed right away:)

Already Filed I-140 with CP Option -How new law could help

I had filed I-140 with CP option. Can I file I-485 now to get EAD and then go for CP when I-140 approves. Is there any mention of this in new law ?

My Attorney also accepted to file I-485

My Attorney replied that he is going to talk with my company and if my company accepts, then he is going file I-485.

This is really cool. I was worried about my I-140 and now no more waiting for I-140 approval.

I got to see what my company says ........ Keep my fringers crossed. :rolleyes:

Waiting for approval since 03/21 :(

EB2/RIR

RD 03/21/02

Please update the spreadsheet with my details.

Thanks
michiganboiler

please add my details

EB-3 -RIR, My LIN number02-238-504XX.Please add my details to the tracker
Bhagawati

Last edited by a moderator:
my case number cannot be found

I'm waiting I140 approval.
ND is 05/15/02.
INS AVM used to say 90~120 days processing...
Today it says my case number cannot be found.
Does this mean my case has been rejected?

Missing Cases

The AVM cannot find my case either. I guess it is a temporary hitch in their system. I am hoping it will be corrected soon.

Missing Case in AVM

The AVM cannot find your case. Becoz your case has been worked upon and they are updating the AVM records.Dont Panic, this is not a technical glitch.
Same incident happened to me with my LC. Wait for the good news. Most probably your I140 application has been cleared. If it was rejected or RFE then the AVM would have told you so.

Goodluck. Hope to see your apporvals soon.

Cheers,Bapa:)

Replying to Bapa,
I don't think it is b'cz of records update. I have both H1 extension and 140 with NSC. For both it says case not available. Could be some tech problem

I get the same message when I call AVM. It has to be a technical glitch in the system.

It should be OK in one or two days.

So whats going on with the I-485 filling without I-140 approval, my company gave permission to my attorney to file I-485 with out my I-140 approval. My attorney sent me all the papers that re required for I-485 on Friday.

Now I am not sure how is this going to work, Is it safe to file I-485 without I-140 approval? There are a lot of discrepency in INS, do you people think that INS could handle this properly?

There are so many questions that come to my mind, guys update your status and conversations you had with your company and also with your attorney.

I am totally confused when somebody ask me this kind of questions.

We all are like a family here, why don't we all discuss about this before any one of us take a step.

Implications of concurrent filing

I spoke to my employer and he says it is better to wait for a while. He neither says "YES" nor "NO" for concurrent filing.
But as I see www.murthy.com web site there are no consequences, however, I am not sure how good INS handles this. Any inputs appreciated.
By the way, My I-140 details are as under :
EB2/RIR
RD/ND : May 8th.
AD: ????