NSC Approvals Tracker 9 - starting 10th July 02

sxpat

Mine too.....

I applied for I140 on 10th May and No word till now.....
RD on 20th May....

BTW...
What's the other web site all are talking about..?

But it's kinda strange how ins is processing the cases.....July some time...May some time.. then april..... huh...

Last edited by a moderator:
RFE

I got the RFE on I-140 to give the information that the company is a 'legitimate company with paid employees'.

My company is talking to attorney next week for a response. They say that it isa small matter and the'll have no problem proving it.

EB2/RIR
RD : 03/28/02
RFE : 09/13/02

For information pls.

Please add my info

Hi ,
Please add my info to the 140 tracker.

RD: 07/31/2002
Lin:02249XXXXXXXX
RB2/RIR

Thanks!

Verification!

Hi sxpat,

I checked my case number over the website in INS, it matched with my case status, my attorney got RFE last Friday, they sent it out on September 13.

Congratulation to you!
I guess your case has been approved already.

I-140 approved

Hi All,

My I-140 is approved and I got this confirmed with my lawyer's office.The only glitch , the AVM is not updated even till yesterday night.
The following are my details.
RD : 05-08-2002
AD : 08-29-2002
EB2 - RIR

Thanks and all the best for the ones waiting.
Most likely I will go for AOS

Hi guys,

I have a question, which would help me decide wether to go for concurrent process or not?

I heard that in concurent processing both i-140& i-485 get adjudicate at the same time is it True?

But in CSC i-140 are getting approved first and then it is going to a next step
this is the only service centre where results are coming out for concourrent filling application so please respond what is the process in case of concurrent filling and also read this article does this make any sense.

http://www.usvisanews.com/memo1851.html

INS Restricts Portability Eligibility in Concurrent Filings

We received some new and somewhat surprising information from Madeline Garcia following her attendance at an American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) South Florida luncheon on Wednesday (September 17th). Among the wealth of information she absorbed was the information relating to portability in the context of concurrent I-140/I-485 filings.

As you may be aware, AC21 includes a provision (§106(c)) which allows for a change in employment in cases of lengthy adjustment adjudications. What this allows for is the substitution of a new sponsor and offer of employment (in the same or similar profession) into a pending adjustment application if the I-485 has been filed and remained unadjudicated for 180 days or more.

Many of you have been writing to us asking us a couple of important questions such as:

1. Will the I-140 still be processed first?
______ - AND -

2. How will concurrent filing work in the context of I-485 portability?

According to the AILA source and the information shared at Wednesday's meeting, the INS has indicated that the I-140 will not be adjudicated until the I-485 is adjudicated. Furthermore, the INS has taken the position that this portability can only be enjoyed by an applicant for adjustment of status whose I-140 petition has been approved. Since applicants for adjustment who apply pursuant to their new ability to file concurrent I-140 and I-485 filings will not have an approved I-140 during the pendency of the adjustment, these applicants will NOT be eligible for the benefits of Section 106(c).

This information may change in the future since regulations have not been drafted. However, INS' comments highlight significant implications for many prospective concurrent applicants and reinforce that the new concurrent filing option, though very appealing, may not be for everyone.

RFE .........

Mine is EB3/RIR with an RD of 04/30/2002, after all these days I got a RFE it says, that they need addtional documents in this case, thats all.

I filed my 485 three weeks so never worried to look at the status, seeing all these RFE during this month I checked it and found to be in the same case (RFE).

I don't if I have to feel happy that I received some information from INS or feel sad that they did not open my case for so long???

Any whoever is updating the excel spreadsheet, please update my details.

RFE on Sept 10th - Need Addtional documents.
Addtional documents sent to INS on Sept 18th.
Addtional documents received by INS on Sept 19th.
AVM now says another 180 days ??????

Good Luck guys.

!!! I-140 APPROVED !!!.

EB-3/RIR
Receipt Date May-23-2002
Approval date Sept-26-2002

Good luck to all those who are waiting...meet you guys in 485 forum

Re kofking

I have added your details.........

I question for you ........When you are going for AOS .......why don't apply for concurent filing.........

Shashi

Re Sahsi

I haven't applied for AOS as I am not married and I am going for marriage pretty soon. I would like to apply for both of us once I get back.