November - Visa Revalidation Tracking

DC Dates

DC said yesterday that they were still processing items with an SL date in October. No further information. Based ont he October thread, I calculated (from SL date) a best time of 91 days, average of 101 days, worst case 113 days.

hi guys,
I am not spreading worries, but I feel that the process time may become much longer for those cases sent after last Nov. Because of the holidays, because of the BARCODE transition, or because of anything else.

I sent out my application on 11/24/03, the money order cashed out on 12/11/03, however, my data have not been loaded into the DC system so far, it's more than 2 months.

I hope it's not specific to my case... and I wish everyone here good luck!

Shoba,

It is likely that it is entered into the system at St. Louis... looks like the St. Louis workers/officers havent been trained on the new bar code system and hence the case might not appear in the system even though its entered. I am pretty sure it has been entered into the system and transferred to DC. My observation has been that the processing has become faster from the 1st week of January. They have processed almost 50 days applications in 1 month considering they were closed for 2-3 days because of bad weather....

Pashwin,

thanks for the information and your kind words. It smooth me a lot:p You are right, I also noticed that the process speeded up after the new year.

BTW, when I called them, they always check with my passport number, they did not ask anything about the BARCODE. how do you know that they now sort the case with barcode? :rolleyes:

They also searched their database with my name , birthday, but all come out with the records for previous revalidations. This is what worried me a lot. Even they are now using the BARCODE, shouldn't they also keep the passport number and name, and everything along with the old record?

I will call them every week, and provide update.

I was also told that eveyone can call them to get the status after 3 months his application was submitted.

Last edited by a moderator:
DC date not available

pashwin.. you are right.. DC date is definitely a better indicator. However, since I can't seem to get a DC date for my application on the phone, I am relying on the SL date and hoping it was moved to DC in about a month.

Katman,

I found that you sentyour application more than three months ago, so I think you can call them for status. I was told many times that you can check the status after three months.

So, you may give them another call and tell them that you already waited more than 3 months, they should check it for you.

Just my 2 cents

good luck

What number to call?

Guys,

202-663-1225 options 1 - 0

Is this number correct? If so what exactly we have to ask the person on the line? I have been unsuccessful in my 3 or 4 attempts to get my DC date :(
thanks
Parthasas

parthasas

See my last post. you have to tell them that you sent out your application more than three months ago, then they might check the data for you.

In my case, I told them that I sent out my application more than 2 months ago, and it has not been loaded into the system. In this way, about half of the people there helped me to check the status.

Good luck!

I'm also in November 19,2003 window

I sent my pp on Nov 19,2003 and still waiting....Any ideas when i'll be getting my pp back with stamp.

Making less and less sense (what's new about that!)

spoke to DC couple of minutes back.

Good part.... got through in about 3 minutes.

Bad part.... would not give me an update even though > 3 months.

Senseless part ... The visa officer said that they are currently processing mid-October, which makes no sense since people upto Oct 30 have received it (in the Oct thread) :mad:

wonder WHY they can't have an update/currently processing web page like the rest of the BCIS??? perhaps coz that would make too much sense / make life too easy for applicants!

SL date Nov, 10 2003.
DC date Nov, 25 2003.

Approved : Feb 05, 2004 . waiting for printing and QA. will update as soon as I get it.

Congrats Pashwin

Congrats Pashwin!! My SL date is also Nov 10th. Hope mine got thro' too. Any more good news?

Parthasas

Great News

Hi Pashwin,
Its good that they r moving along...
How did u got approval information, as these guys posted that DC office are not telling any information...
Is there any other number or any particular person, u talkd....

Thanks

I called the same ol' DC number. I did not ask the name of the person i spoke neither did she mention. Maybe I was just too polite on the phone to request information. This is the 2nd time I called them. Once for getting the dc date and today for approval status. Previously when i called for dc date it was recd on the same day. today i called and it was approved earlier this morning.

good luck to everyone. the processing at dc is based on dc dates so sl date is irrelevant. transfer to dc can take anywhere between 10 to 45 days.