November 2009 N-400 Tracker

update: My interview was on the 01/25/10 but I was 8 days short so they deferred the interview even though I had applied something like 20 days late. So today on my 5 year mark I went w info pass and was told to wait for the interview letter in mail. The waiting just makes you go crazy...

Completed the oath ceremony yesterday.

Screwed up on one thing. My parents wanted to see the ceremony and went with me. But they forgot bring an ID (passport in their case). So the security did not let them in. They ended up waiting in the car for an hour or so. It was kinda dumb on my part to forget this, but it is a warning to others wanting to take friends/relatives to the ceremony. Nobody can go in without an ID.

BTW, what exactly are you allowed on your person when you go to the interview? Is there a comprehensive list anywhere of what is allowed and what isn't? I was wondering whether I would be allowed to bring my cell phone with me.

Alright forum...heres my update...me and wife had interview today(02/04)...passed the test.
The interview was quick lasted 10 mins..

Interesting fact is, our 5 year GC anniversary is on 2/7 but my wife was given oath date 2/4..she took oath and have the certicate..

For me, the officer who interviewed me said i cannot take oath until i finish 5 years so scheduled mine for 2/8..The officer who interviewed my wife did offer her the same day...

At oath, my wife asked one of officers about taking oath before the 5 year completion. The officer reponded that usually that is required but if the interviewing officer has scheduled by mistakenly and the certificate is issued at oath then it is USCIS's mistake and cannot do anything..the person does become citizen..

I will give more details tomorrow...Good luck to all of you waiting for interview...

SEATTLE DO

11/11/2009 -- Sent N400 (me and my wife) applications via Fedex to Phoenix
11/12/2009 -- Application received
11/18/2009 -- Checks cashed
11/20/2009 -- NOA received (PD= 11/16/2009)
11/23/2009 -- FP notice received
12/15/2009 -- FP appointment
12/07/2009 - Received Yellow Letter.. (Just mine).
12/31/2009 -- Email mssg: "case transferred for interview"..
2/4/2010 -- Interview scheduled (oath eligilibity after 2/7/2010)
2/4/2010 -- Passed the test. Wife got oath and received the certificate.
2/8/2010 -- Oath scheduled for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my interview at Fairfax DO at 1:20 pm on 2/3/10. I reached the office at 12:30, and was called in at about 2 pm. I was familiar with the office as my wife had the interview there last year. After the standard oath, the first thing the officer did was give me back a picture of me and my wife that we included during our I-485 interview. She said its not required as my application was not marriage based. I am not sure why we had to give it during our I-485 process but I just took it back without any questions. After that it was all pretty standard. As my wife became a citizen last year, she asked me jokingly why it took me so long. I said I wasnt ready, and she asked whether I wasnt ready mentally and I said yes. Then she proceeded to the rest of the questions and the civics test. When she printed a sheet with my details, the middle name was spelled wrong, so she had to reprint it. Then she approved the application and filed it in the thick file that had all my previous immigration related applications. She tried to get me a slot for the 4:15 oath, but it was too late. So she scheduled it for 11 am on 2/4. It was a pleasant experience and I was in and out in less than 15 minutes. I had my oath at 11 am on 2/4, and again everything was pretty standard along the expected lines.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for your valuable inputs.

Interview Passed on 2/4/2010 in Iowa... No Oath Dates given. Planning to go out-of-country in March through May.. Any issues if I delay my Oath ?

DO: PA
Just wanna share my timeline:
11/13 - Sent application
12/11 - FP walked in
12/31 - File transferred to local office
2/5 - Interview (Passed)
Now waiting for Oath letter.
This forum has been helping me so much. Thank you all very much and Good Luck (sometimes we need that :)

hi AZnjecht
can u post ur interview experience.
was ur interview in philadelphia.
how was staff over there.
plz reply
DO: PA
Just wanna share my timeline:
11/13 - Sent application
12/11 - FP walked in
12/31 - File transferred to local office
2/5 - Interview (Passed)
Now waiting for Oath letter.
This forum has been helping me so much. Thank you all very much and Good Luck (sometimes we need that :)

Hi Raosaab,
Yes, the interview was in Philly. It was very fast (around 10 min.). The officer was very nice. He asked me only yes/no questions from my application (even for my address :)).
The history/civic test was easy. After I answered correctly 6 questions, he said that there's no need to ask me further.
The reading was easy too. And I was asked to write "Thanksgiving day is in November" for writing test.
I thought it was gonna take more than one hour but it actually took less than an hour for getting into the building, waiting and interview.
I parked my car in Community College of Philly (only $5) and I think it's worth it because I did not have to worry about expired parking.
When is your interview? Wish you GOOD LUCK! :)
One more thing, the officer did not ask for anything except for DL, GC and SSRegistration. However, I think it's better to prepare everything.

tahnks for reply
my interview is on friday. my case is marriage based ,so i think i have to be prepared more .
ur interview was on marriage based or employment based.
Hi Raosaab,
Yes, the interview was in Philly. It was very fast (around 10 min.). The officer was very nice. He asked me only yes/no questions from my application (even for my address :)).
The history/civic test was easy. After I answered correctly 6 questions, he said that there's no need to ask me further.
The reading was easy too. And I was asked to write "Thanksgiving day is in November" for writing test.
I thought it was gonna take more than one hour but it actually took less than an hour for getting into the building, waiting and interview.
I parked my car in Community College of Philly (only $5) and I think it's worth it because I did not have to worry about expired parking.
When is your interview? Wish you GOOD LUCK! :)
One more thing, the officer did not ask for anything except for DL, GC and SSRegistration. However, I think it's better to prepare everything.

Taken the oath today...Done with the journey :)...Good luck to you all.. This forum has been a great help to me through out the process..

SEATTLE DO

2/8/2010 - Oath taken..

Taken the oath today...Done with the journey :)...Good luck to you all.. This forum has been a great help to me through out the process..

SEATTLE DO

2/8/2010 - Oath taken..

Congratulations! Less that three months from sending your N400 to becoming a citizen, that is quick. I will be fortunate to make it in under 4 months.

I got my test in a few hours, and boy am I nervous... I uploaded the CD questions to my iphone and listened to it all night. I am going to the Miami location, I will let you guys know how it goes. Any Advice any of you can give me about the test would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, forgot to include signature. I will review more test questions now.

DO: Miami, FL
11-13-2009: N400 To Lewisville, TX
11-xx-2009: Money Order Cashed
11-27-2009: NOA Received
12-08-2009: FP Letter Received
12-18-2009: FP Date --DONE
12-18-2009: FP results came back from FBI --DONE
12-26-2008: Yellow Letter Received
01-05-2010: Email and TEXT:"This case has been sent for a standard interview "
01-11-2010: Interview Letter Received
02-09-2010: Interview Date
xx-xx-xxxx: Oath Letter Received
xx-xx-xxxx: Oath Date

I got my test in a few hours, and boy am I nervous... I uploaded the CD questions to my iphone and listened to it all night. I am going to the Miami location, I will let you guys know how it goes. Any Advice any of you can give me about the test would be greatly appreciated.

No need to be nervous - the IOs normally don't set you up to fail so if you did your studying you'll be just fine. I was very nervous, too, but found it all very straight forward and easy.

tahnks for reply
my interview is on friday. my case is marriage based ,so i think i have to be prepared more .
ur interview was on marriage based or employment based.

Bring all the documentation you have to prove your marriage (phone bills, utility bills, bank statements, insurance stuff, ...) anything that is current. Follow the check list that came with the IL.

You'll be fine!