November 2009 N-400 Tracker

Received my interview letter today for the interview scheduled on 2/22/2010 in Boston. So it took around 3 months from application submission to get to the interview stage.

UPDATE

USCIS website is updated that, the case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled.

I called FBI to check status on FP and they confirmed that FP were checked and sent back to USCIS this same day when were taken (Dec. 28th). I called 1800-375-5283 to check the case status but they told me that they waiting for "Request for Evidence" and I should to provide that evidence. What an evidence they want to get? IO asked me about notice about this but I never got any "Request for Evidence" notice neither my wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called FBI to check status on FP and they confirmed that FP were checked and sent back to USCIS this same day when were taken (Dec. 28th). I called 1800-375-5283 to check the case status but they told me that they waiting for "Request for Evidence" and I should to provide that evidence. What an evidence they want to get? IO asked me about notice about this but I never got any "Request for Evidence" notice neither my wife.

I am pretty sure that the RFE was simply your FP letter. From other peoples' experience I would expect your status to change to sent to local office for standard interview any day now. If you only spoke to one person when you called the 1-800 number it wasn't a IO only a customer service rep, they have no mre information than you. I suspect that had you been transferred to an IO they would have explained that the RFE was the FP letter.

I am pretty sure that the RFE was simply your FP letter. From other peoples' experience I would expect your status to change to sent to local office for standard interview any day now. If you only spoke to one person when you called the 1-800 number it wasn't a IO only a customer service rep, they have no mre information than you. I suspect that had you been transferred to an IO they would have explained that the RFE was the FP letter.

Thanks, Father Mike. I spoke to the 2nd level and IO told me that I will get Request for Evidence Notice again and I have no idea why. Just told me to wait... I am little bit nervous about that situation, because I and my wife we are got used to the "German Quality" ;) Everything done right and explained well.

Have got an e-mail:

The status of this service request is:

We apologize for the error on USCIS Case Status Online that states you were mailed an RFE notice requesting additional evidence on Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. This is a service error.

I finally received my interview letter today and I'm scheduled to appear for an interview on 3/11. I see that I'm supposed to bring any evidence of Selective Service Registration. As a student visa holder I was not required to register but for whatever reason I did register back in 1994. Do you think a printout from Selective Service Online Verification page would be sufficient proof as it may take 60-90 days to obtain a written proof from Selective Service? Thank you!

You only need a Status Information Letter if you failed to register when required to. In your case, the online verification should be sufficient.

I finally received my interview letter today and I'm scheduled to appear for an interview on 3/11. I see that I'm supposed to bring any evidence of Selective Service Registration. As a student visa holder I was not required to register but for whatever reason I did register back in 1994. Do you think a printout from Selective Service Online Verification page would be sufficient proof as it may take 60-90 days to obtain a written proof from Selective Service? Thank you!

ChiGuy

Your case has similar timelines as mine. Do you recall when there was a case status update? I received a case status update today, so wondering how long it takes to get an interview scheduled in Chicago?

Thanks

status update: received interview letter yesterday.

Have it at 9:00 in the morning. What time do they open? Would like to be there as soon as they open so that I can be on the first oath ceremony and get it over.