November 2009 N-400 Tracker

raosaab,
How to find out that FBI has sent back the finger print result ?

11.05.2009 N-400 Sent to Lewisville, TX
11.06.2009 Delivered express Mail!
11.11.2009 Check cashed
Did not get NOA and FP notice through mail.
NO NOA
NO FP NOTICE (Called customer service, went to local office to find out when my finger printing is scheduled.)
12-08-2009: FP Done

Last edited by a moderator:
New here but basically filed my N-400 in November as well and was wondering about the following:

I had noted on my N-400 app that I had gotten a citation for a traffic accident way back in 1998 (it's the only ticket I have ever gotten) and that I had paid an $85 fine at the time. Unfortunately I have no proof of all of this ... once upon a time, I did have a copy of the ticket and proof of payment but have lost it in these long 11 years since. Now if I do get asked to bring proof of settlement of this citation, how would you suggest I manage this? A few little wrinkles ... I used to have a VA license back then when this happened (but don't know what that driver's license details are now) and secondly, the accident happened in Atlanta, GA. No alcohol or drugs involved ... it was a fender bender thing. I live in Boston now and have a MA driver's license. Oh did I mention that I don't remember the exact date of the accident except that it happened on a Friday late in January that year? I suppose one could make the argument that if I didn't pay the fine back then, my VA driver's license would have been suspended and I wouldn't have a license today. But I've learned a long time ago that simple logic is only relevant depending on the IQ and temperament of your captive audience. So I have decided not to make assumptions about these traits in my friendly neighborhood USCIS officer.

JP

DO: Boston
Mailed N400 App: 11/17/2009
USCIS Received : 11/20/2009
Check Cashed: 11/24/2009
NOA: dated 11/23/2009 (recd 11/28/2009 with PD as 11/23/2009)
FP Date: 12/21/2009 (recd 12/7/2009 with new PD as 11/20/2009)
IL:
ID:
OL:
OD:

DO: Oklahoma, City

N-400 mailed: 11/24/09
N-400 delivered: 11/30/09
Check Cashed: 12/02/09
NOA Received: 12/05/09
RFE: 12/10/09
FP notice received: 12/17/09 (PD changed to 11/30/09)
FP Appointment: 12/29/09
FP Completed: 12/23/09 (walk in)
YL Received: 01/02/10
Email - Case sent for a standard interview: 01/28/10
Interview Letter Received: 02/01/10
Interview Date: 03/09/10 (Passed)
Oath Letter Received: 03/25/10
Oath Date: 04/21/10

For those that are conflicted about whether they reported a driving citation or not, please read the guide to naturalization. I hope this helps to put some of your fears to rest.
"If you have been arrested or convicted of a crime, you must send a certified copy of the
arrest report, court disposition, sentencing, and any other relevant documents, including
any countervailing evidence concerning the circumstances of your arrest and/or
conviction that you would like USCIS to consider. Note that unless a traffic incident
was alcohol or drug related, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine of less than $500 and/or points on your driver’s license." - Guide to Naturalization

pwork,

You don't need to send documentation for minor non Alcohol related case with your N400 application. But you still need to disclose.

Many people choose not too. Even I didn't disclose my speeding tickets.
But when IO asked me during interview, I mentioned my tickets and he made me update the information on the application.

I updated my siganture as well: Had an e-mail this morning and online LUD change of 12/9: Case sent for standard interview! Things seem to be moving pretty fast as this is 8 days after fingerprinting

I updated my siganture as well: Had an e-mail this morning and online LUD change of 12/9: Case sent for standard interview! Things seem to be moving pretty fast as this is 8 days after fingerprinting

Mine should follow on very soon then, as I did my FP the day after you.

It looks like they are going by the finger printing appointment date, and not the date on which the fp is done (for early walk-ins). Its pretty clear now that completing finger printing earlier than scheduled has no advantages.

And just for fun, let me guess your interview date based on the trend..I think it will be between 1/18 and 1/25.

It looks like they are going by the finger printing appointment date, and not the date on which the fp is done (for early walk-ins). Its pretty clear now that completing finger printing earlier than scheduled has no advantages.

I suspect it is based on PD and FP being completed.

Seems like last week of oct and first week of nov pd's are getting interview scheduled this week. I Unless there was a sudden surge, Nov scheduling should be done in the next 4-6 weeks.

I agree that the interview letter does not seem to ever come before the scheduled FP date. However, my feeling on this is getting it done early certainly does not hurt.

I got my finger print papers today! I will do it early to get it out of the way!!!

11-13-2009: N400 To Lewisville, TX
11-xx-2009: Money Order Cashed
11-27-2009: NOA Received
12-08-2009: FP Letter Received
12-18-2009: FP Date
xx-xx-xxxx: Interview Letter Received
xx-xx-xxxx: Interview Date
xx-xx-xxxx: Oath Letter Received
xx-xx-xxxx: Oath Date

Update.

Finished FP yest. Tagged along with my wife and they allowed me to get it done. (Tried walk-in at Wheaton, was practically thrown out). Tried going to Alexandria, but figured out it was closed on Saturdays.

Got yellow letters for me and my wife. Provide state ids at the time of interview and (for me) proof of traffic tickets.

So here is my situation. I'm moving very shortly from MD to VA. So I will file the AR-11 and change of address for the case online.

Questions :
1) What will the DO for VA. Fairfax, Norfolk, Alexandria?

2) How will this impact my case. Will I need to satisfy 3 mos. of residency in VA before the interview?

Thanks,

Beginning to wonder

It seems like a lot of people are getting really slowed down on their processing. I'm one of them. I haven't had any change in status and tommorrow is one month since filing. Seeing some of the turnaround time for other peoples notices is really frustrating.

I called Customer Service and I guess I got the wrong rep because she couldn't/wouldn't tell me much more than that my app was "in a que"

I'm thinking that all of this slow down is in preparation for the Christmas holiday. I'm getting really frustrated...but I said that before.

I'm thinking that all of this slow down is in preparation for the Christmas holiday. I'm getting really frustrated...but I said that before.
Right from the days when I applied for an H-1 transfer (about the same time of the year), all USCIS processing slows down around the holidays. Though it has been a decade, I wouldn't expect anything different even now.

No point getting frustrated. Unlike 140/485, a few weeks here and there should not make a huge difference in most cases. Calm down and enjoy the holidays. All the best. Peace.