November 2009 N-400 Tracker

It looks like they are going by the finger printing appointment date, and not the date on which the fp is done (for early walk-ins). Its pretty clear now that completing finger printing earlier than scheduled has no advantages.

Really? (Please see my timeline below)
However, I agree this whole 'fast processing' thing may be moot if I end up with an interview within 90 days of applying as I won't be Oath Eligible until Feb 2010.

Called FBI

I called in FBI to see if they recieved the FP I did yesterday. They said they have processed and sent it back to USCIS.

Gave my fingerprints yesterday.
I went in the morning and they took me right away, no wait.

----- timeline ------
Nov 2 mailed application
Nov 4 Priority Date
Nov 6 date of acknowledgement letter
Nov 13 date of fingerprint appt letter. Asked me to come at 1 pm on Dec4 or any Wed afterwards by end of February.
Dec 9 gave the fingerprints (Baltimore).

However, I agree this whole 'fast processing' thing may be moot if I end up with an interview within 90 days of applying as I won't be Oath Eligible until Feb 2010.
Why is that? Should you complete 5 calendar years (or 3, as the case may be) as a PR before taking the oath..??

Update

DO: Miami
09/25/1998: GC
11/17/2009: Sent N400 to Lewisville TX.
11/18/2009: N400 Forwarded to Dallas, TX.
11/19/2009: N400 Received in Dallas.
11/27/2009: NOA received. Priority date 11/23/2009
12/04/2009: Email received- RFE
12/10/2009: FP letter received for 12/18/2009
12/18/2009:

This is news to me... Is there a place I can confirm..??

Maybe you misunderstood me. Let's say your resident since date is 12/15/04 and your interview is 12/11/2009. You can become u.s citizen only on or after 12/15/2009....hence your oath date has to be on or after this date. What's your DO? You can be interviwed before your anniversary date but most likely you will get a decision cannot be made.

Interesting info about the anniversary date. I have a slightly unique situation in that I got my GC through work and not long thereafter, I got married to a US citizen. I actually have applied for my naturalization after three years of marriage because there is nothing on the form or elsewhere that I've seen that specifically says I can't do this just because I got my GC through work. I guess I'll find out how things pan out in terms of the anniversary date but am not worried about it either way.

Maybe you misunderstood me. Let's say your resident since date is 12/15/04 and your interview is 12/11/2009. You can become u.s citizen only on or after 12/15/2009....hence your oath date has to be on or after this date. What's your DO? You can be interviwed before your anniversary date but most likely you will get a decision cannot be made.
No I did not misunderstand.. I was just surprised at that information. My 485 was approved on 1/31/05. Does that mean I cannot take the oath before 1/31/10, even if I clear my interview on, say, 1/20/09?

No I did not misunderstand.. I was just surprised at that information. My 485 was approved on 1/31/05. Does that mean I cannot take the oath before 1/31/10, even if I clear my interview on, say, 1/20/09?

Remember that you cannot even apply for naturalization until 90 days before your 5 year (or 3 year, if married to a citizen) anniversary of your first date of residency. Your example of using the dates 1/20/09 and 1/31/10 do not make sense because you wouldn't be able to apply for naturalization (unless, of course, you have a situation like mine).

Remember that you cannot even apply for naturalization until 90 days before your 5 year (or 3 year, if married to a citizen) anniversary of your first date of residency. Your example of using the dates 1/20/09 and 1/31/10 do not make sense because you wouldn't be able to apply for naturalization (unless, of course, you have a situation like mine).
Sorry.. that was a typo. I should have said 1/20/10 for interview date - 10 days before the 5 yr anniversary. So I cannot even request for a same day oath.. right..??

Sorry.. that was a typo. I should have said 1/20/10 for interview date - 10 days before the 5 yr anniversary. So I cannot even request for a same day oath.. right..??

That's correct. You can't take the oath until 1/31/10. That's why I applied 62 days b4 and my interview is on 12/28/09, 2 weeks after my anniversary.

Yellow Letter

Had my Yellow Letter in the mail today - need to bring drivers license to interview.
Letter was issued 12/4 (without it showing up as LUD online)

hi
actually i was little bit confused if anyone can help me plz.
i sended my N-400 on 14th nov.recieving date is 16th nov.since a person can apply 90 days pror ,
from when does the dates counts.when we sended it or when they recieved it.