November 2009 N-400 Tracker

wantmygreencardnow
i signed it on 12 nov,does it matter that when i sign it i got my green card on 12 feb 2007
i sended it on 14 nov 2009 uscis recieved it on 16 nov2009.prprty dt 17th nov 2009

Last edited by a moderator:
wantmygreencardnow
i signed it on 12 nov,does it matter that when i sign it i got my green card on 12 feb 2007
i sended it on 14 nov 2009 uscis recieved it on 16 nov2009.prprty dt 17th nov 2009

I believe it would have been rejected had you submitted it too early. If you have a NOA with a PD that is under 5 years and 90 days you should be fine.

Father Mike
actually pd on NOA is 17th nov according to that i am fine but someone was telling me it is based on date u sign ur n-400 (part 11).
so plz reply

11-14-2009: N400 Sent to Lewisville, TX 75067 via USPS Express mail
11-16-2009: Forwarded to Dallas, TX 75266
11-16-2009: Delivered at Dallas, TX 75266
11-20-2009: Check Cashed
11-23-2009: NOA Received (Priority Date 11-19-2009)
12-04-2009: RFE message/sms @ 4am
12-xx-2009: FP Letter Received
12-xx-2009: FP Date
12-xx-2009: FP Done (Walk-In)
xx-xx-xxxx: Interview Letter Received
xx-xx-xxxx: Interview Date
xx-xx-xxxx: Oath Letter Received
xx-xx-xxxx: Oath Date

thankyou Father Mike
as u said ,i will be fine then because prorty date is 17th on my application,so its 88days before.even if i would have filed earlier they must have rejected my application.

OK, So I got this updates for our cases.
"Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. You will be sent a notice advising you of the date and time of your interview. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

So does that mean the FP is approved ? Is there something like name check which might not be done yet?

LUD shows : 12/12/2009

Thanks,

Does anyone know if the Dallas ASC (on Whitehurst Drive) allow walk-ins for finger printing.

Got the FP letter today with Dec 28th appointment date. It also says you can go on any Wednesday afternoon till March.

I was going to be out of town on Dec 28th, and was wondering if I could go this Wednesday Dec 16th as a walk-in.

Had anticipated this situation and called USCIS last week and they had a "no walk-ins allowed any more answer". But having read others experience on this forum I know walk-ins seem to work in most cases.

Just trying to get a better feel from someone who has experience with the Dallas ASC.

My timeline so far:
11/23 Appln mailed
11/24 recd at Lewisville office
11/25 forwarded and recd by Dallas office
11/30 PD date marked in NOA
12/02 I-797C (NOA) recd in mail
12/02 Checks cashed
12/11 SMS recd for RFE
12/14 FP date for Dec 28th

It looks like my application is stuck somewhere...no updates whatsoever after FP. I wasnt really concerned but after seeing the movement here it looks like my application is probably stuck.

It looks like my application is stuck somewhere...no updates whatsoever after FP. I wasnt really concerned but after seeing the movement here it looks like my application is probably stuck.

@2010citizen, you're just a couple of days off the pace (counting the weekend. My application was sent for std review on Wednesday last week).

Hopefully your case will get moving this week.
The next update will be for the Interview letter (no updates for Yellow Letter - if you end up getting one).

Also, I'm now concerned that as my Interview date is about 2+ weeks before I'm actually eligible to naturalize, I'll get a 'decision cannot be made' at the interview which will probably cause an even greater delay than if they had taken a couple of extra weeks to process the application. Oh well - always something to worry about eh! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@2010citizen, you're just a couple of days off the pace (counting the weekend. My application was sent for std review on Wednesday last week).

Hopefully your case will get moving this week.
The next update will be for the Interview letter (no updates for Yellow Letter - if you end up getting one).

Also, I'm now concerned that as my Interview date is about 2+ weeks before I'm actually eligible to naturalize, I'll get a 'decision cannot be made' at the interview which will probably cause an even greater delay than if they had taken a couple of extra weeks to process the application. Oh well - always something to worry about eh! :)

Thank you...lets see what happens this week.

I am in the same boat (see signature for dates).

Considering rescheduling interview date. Is that better than the situation you described?

I am in the same boat (see signature for dates).

Considering rescheduling interview date. Is that better than the situation you described?

One of things i heard in the Naturalization sessions workshop by USCIS is that rescheduling is not a good idea..They did mention that nowadays the whole process is happening with less than 3-4 months so were advising the applicants to check the dates (for preparing learning Civic, history..).. before applying...

I and my wife have the FP today, We eligilble for Oath on 2/7/2010...lets see what happens..

11/11/2009 -- Sent N400 (me and my wife) applications via Fedex to Phoenix
11/12/2009 -- Application received
11/18/2009 -- Checks cashed
11/20/2009 -- NOA received (PD= 11/16/2009)
11/23/2009 -- FP notice received
12/15/2009 -- FP appointment
12/07/2009 - Received Yellow Letter.. (Just mine).

They did mention that nowadays the whole process is happening with less than 3-4 months so were advising the applicants to check the dates (for preparing learning Civic, history..).. before applying...

... Except that the San Francisco District office indicates that they are processing the N-400 'within 5 months', so its difficult to judge that 'within 5 months' actually means 'about 75 days'.

But, having said that (and for nsc030104), I'd rather be done with my interview quickly (as that starts the 120 days mandatory decision clock) than postpone the interview and risk the file getting lost somewhere...

Plus, as SF does not do same day oaths, I may end up with the Oath in Mid Feb anyway as the last Jan Oath date in SF is before I become eligible for Naturalization on Jan 30, 2010, and the early interview will probably get me into the Mid-Feb slot easier than if my interview had been on lets say Feb 1.

But, having said that (and for nsc030104), I'd rather be done with my interview quickly (as that starts the 120 days mandatory decision clock) than postpone the interview and risk the file getting lost somewhere...

Plus, as SF does not do same day oaths, I may end up with the Oath in Mid Feb anyway as the last Jan Oath date in SF is before I become eligible for Naturalization on Jan 30, 2010, and the early interview will probably get me into the Mid-Feb slot easier than if my interview had been on lets say Feb 1.
Yes.. if the DO does not do same day oath, there is no point in delaying the interview. But from what I know, Denver does do same day oath. I have scheduled an Infopass for Thursday and I was going to confirm this before requesting the reschedule.

I am still trying to get a feel on what fellow users think about my idea..