November 2009 N-400 Tracker

Just a quick question

Just a quick question- after your FP gets cleared by FBI, how are your interview dates assigned? Does it almost always fall on a certain date after you meet your 3 or 5 year GC requirement? Or, does it depend on how busy or backed up your local DO is? Just curious...

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received my NOA today, really excited about that.

How long is the average wait for fingerprinting?

I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!

One more future citizen.
DO: Miami
09/25/1998: GC
11/17/2009: Sent N400 to Lewisville TX.
11/18/2009: N400 Forwarded to Dallas, TX.
11/19/2009: N400 Received in Dallas.
11/27/2009: NOA received. Priority date 11/23/2009

ok. im a newbie here and dont quite understand all the abbreviations you guys are using like NOA, FP.. etc. Also, im from houston texas, can i mail my application to any offices outside texas to speed up the process..? thanks

ok. im a newbie here and dont quite understand all the abbreviations you guys are using like NOA, FP.. etc. Also, im from houston texas, can i mail my application to any offices outside texas to speed up the process..? thanks

NOA stands for National Oceanic Administration, the agency responsible for tides, predicting the weather, updating online status, and so on :eek:

Seriously, NOA stands for Notice of Action, which is usually when USCIS does something - anything - with your case. FP stands for fingerprints. You get a letter indicating what the action is. On an N-400 it's pretty deterministic:

1. When they receive your app and you get a Priority Date and case number
2. When they want you to visit the local office (aka District Office or DO) for FP's
3. When they want you to go for an Interview (ID = Interview Date)
4. and so on...

You will mail your application to a national processing facility, i.e. Phoenix, and from there, your case magically shows up at the Houston DO, and you're all set. Aeons ago such applications were done between you and the local office, but nowdays they're done differently.

I got denied the first time so I had to wait 5 years to re-apply. Actually, I spent lots of money on a lawyer not to get deported. I mistakenly voted 5 years ago and I wasn't a citizen. It was really stupid!!! I should have known better, but young and stupid I was. I already paid the piper for my mistake. I been here since I was 5 and thought I was a citizen through my dad who was a citizen. I always got notices to vote, but never cared until 2004 so I voted, stupid me. Guys, dont make the same mistake I made. I am ready for a fresh start. THe court already forgave me the last offense and I got to stay here.

I sent mine on Friday Nov. 13th via Priority mail to
PO BOX 299026
Lewisville, TX 75029

Detailed Results:

Bullet Delivered, November 17, 2009, 7:30 am, DALLAS, TX 75266
Bullet Forwarded, November 16, 2009, 1:20 pm, LEWISVILLE, TX
Bullet Arrival at Unit, November 16, 2009, 12:36 pm, LEWISVILLE, TX 75067
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, November 15, 2009, 7:05 pm, COPPELL, TX 75099
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, November 13, 2009, 6:09 pm, OPA LOCKA, FL 33054
Bullet Acceptance, November 13, 2009, 1:08 pm, MIAMI, FL 33172

11-13-2009: N400 To Lewisville, TX
11-xx-2009: Money Order Cashed
11-27-2009: NOA Received
xx-xx-xxxx: FP Letter Received
xx-xx-xxxx: FP Date
xx-xx-xxxx: Interview Letter Received
xx-xx-xxxx: Interview Date
xx-xx-xxxx: Oath Letter Received
xx-xx-xxxx: Oath Date

What does it mean when one of checks hasn't been cashed? Do they check two applications separately or can have some kind of delays?

What does it mean when one of checks hasn't been cashed? Do they check two applications separately or can have some kind of delays?

I assume you mean you sent in two application with two checks.
Since applications are processed independently , the checks cashing can sometimes be a few days apart.

I assume you mean you sent in two application with two checks.
Since applications are processed independently , the checks cashing can sometimes be a few days apart.

Yes - for myself and my wife. I will wait 2-3 days more as you said. Thanks.

It's depends upon your Local DO Caseload.

Just a quick question- after your FP gets cleared by FBI, how are your interview dates assigned? Does it almost always fall on a certain date after you meet your 3 or 5 year GC requirement? Or, does it depend on how busy or backed up your local DO is? Just curious...

There's something I'm not quite clear on:

08/27/09(D17) : FP Received
08/28/09(D18) : FP Done
09/04/09(D24) : FP appointment

I don't understand why the appointment date is after the "FP Done" date. Can someone explain this?

There's something I'm not quite clear on:

I don't understand why the appointment date is after the "FP Done" date. Can someone explain this?

This is because the FP was done walk in. You can go before your appointment date if you have some reason and ask for a FP before your appointment date. It is dependent on the DO/ASC if they will let you do it. The jury is out as to wether this help expedite the case or not. Have not heard or observed any specific advantages to doing it.

I just received my NOA today, really excited about that.

How long is the average wait for fingerprinting?

I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!

Within 2 weeks judging by everybody else's timelines over the last month or so that I have been reading this forum

Hi

Danimee - we are in the exact same boat ! I mailed my N-400 on Nov 19th and it got forwarded to Dallas. Lets stay in touch.

Thanks for your email. And please check your Inbox on this forum. Seems like several November Filers got forwarded to Dallas, TX. So far going good...

I have just returned home from a trip to England and my finger print notice and yellow letter had arrived while I was away. The date for my fingerprints is this coming Wednesday December 2nd at 9am. That is exactly one month from the date I mailed my N400 - that seems pretty quick:D

I passed my interview on Nov 24, 2009. How many oath ceremonies are in December? What are my chances of getting my oath letter next month in december? I would like to go visit my family for Christmas during december for a few weeks. Thanks

Ok, now this is going to sound crazy but I'd like to get some advice on this one. When I first came back from my vacation in early November, my fingers were peeling very badly due to extreme temp. changes. After doing some research on the forum threads on FP problems, I have been using bottles of lotion and I freaking go to sleep with my gloves on! Anyways, my fingerprints seem to be coming back but I see a lot of little cuts all over both thumbs and some other fingers that I never had before. Would this cause any problem? (I have a FP-detect laptop by HP and it doesn't recognize my FP anymore!)

I mean if they can't get good quality FP on my appointment day, would it be an option to ask the technician if they could use my old FP from last year? I had my I-751 FP done in December, 2008.

What do you guys say?

Last edited by a moderator: