November 2009 N-400 Tracker

I should've just gone to bed instead of checking my application's status online. Well, I didn't even get NOA yet but it reads that they mailed out a notice requesting more evidence/document for my case to proceed further. If I don't send additional evidence listed in the mail, my case will be in suspense until add. info is received.

Wow this is new to me. My citizenship packet wasn't a 10-page document. It had everything from school/work history, marriage certificate, joint financial records (tax return transcripts, lease agreement, bank statements, life/health insurances, etc)... I thought the best way to go about it was to bury them in the papers.... apparently it wasn't a very good strategy.

One thing that just came to my mind is that I answered "yes" to the traffic citation question. It was a minor ticket and I attached proof of payment. Could it be that?

I've been a GC holder since Feb 6, 2007 and have never been outside the U.S. more than 2 weeks for the past 3 years. I shouldn't be but I'm stressing... already!

I should've just gone to bed instead of checking my application's status online. Well, I didn't even get NOA yet but it reads that they mailed out a notice requesting more evidence/document for my case to proceed further. If I don't send additional evidence listed in the mail, my case will be in suspense until add. info is received.

Wow this is new to me. My citizenship packet wasn't a 10-page document. It had everything from school/work history, marriage certificate, joint financial records (tax return transcripts, lease agreement, bank statements, life/health insurances, etc)... I thought the best way to go about it was to bury them in the papers.... apparently it wasn't a very good strategy.

One thing that just came to my mind is that I answered "yes" to the traffic citation question. It was a minor ticket and I attached proof of payment. Could it be that?

I've been a GC holder since Feb 6, 2007 and have never been outside the U.S. more than 2 weeks for the past 3 years. I shouldn't be but I'm stressing... already!

nothing to worry about that is the message that you get when they are sending the finger printing notice.

I received my NOA on 11/13 with a priority date of 11/12. My case status says that an RFE was sent out on 11/16. I was hoping to receive the finger print notice at least by today. I just checked the mail and still didnt get it. I am getting a little concerned. How long is it taking others to receive the finger print appointment notice after the RFE is created?

My wife and I had our N400s mailed at the same time. Both checks were cashed on the same day and our 797C-s had the same dates. Then I had a status update on my case (Got Text Msg and Email), but nothing on wife's. Yesterday, we got an FP notice, but for my wife!!! There has been no status update on hers. So much for the 'Status Update' on cases.

Don't expect perfectly sequential processing from USCIS.

I remember reading in some thread that if the wife gets an FP notice but the husband doesn't (both cases have same time line otherwise) or vice versa, the person without the FP notice can pile on with the spouse and request FP for him/her?

Is that correct?

What does it mean if the LUD changes without any status change.

vip1r - It says on the website too that LUD changes whenever an officer is making changes to your case, for example deposited checks, checks cashed etc. However, most of these specific changes are not visible to us. Only significant milestones are visible to us, such as change of Status. Bottom line, there may be 10 LUDs but not impacting status chang, only some LUDs might also accompany status change.

can i put both me and my wife's N400 in one envelope?
I did. Sent via Fedex (worst customer service experience)
Reached without any issues. I had made 2 separate envelopes with clear name/N-400 app/A#.
I know some people recommended to place checks, pics, etc. in a separate env. Each of my env had all the items related to the respective case. No other things in the Fedex Env.

What is the trick to read the recipt # from the back of the cancelled check.
Looked at the copy of the check. Don't think that there is any indication on the back.

Answer is: NONE!!

They don't deposit the checks any longer. They just use the routing and a/c number to debit the account. So your check will never be returned for you to even look at it. At least that is what it says in the instructions for N400 (on page 6).
I saw the copy online (all my check copies are online). My apt. rental goes electronically even if a check is presented, so I cannot see those, but I saw the stuff from USCIS.

Also no indication on Fedex site if it was sent to Dallas or somewhere else.

Thanks,

thanks alren!

yes, i put both apps in one envelope. i separated them with folders.

mailed 11/16, but so far, no updates yet, 7 days later.

Just received the yellow paper that USCIS has done a complete review... and wants me to bring my driver license at the interview. Does this mean I already have my interview date set up somewhere?

Got my FP notice today in the mail. Am going to try for walk in (probably friday). Online status has not changed to RFE, which is interesting and is not what I have been reading on the forums.

Can somebody explain to me what mean all those things:
:confused:

GC:
DO:
Sent N400: 11/02/2009
NOA: 11/06/2009
FP Notice:
FP Date:
IL:
ID:
OL:
OD: