November 1-485 Filers pls post

Hi Everybody,

Congrats to GCEppudu, mistborn and Intrepid14 on your approvals. R2010 I'm sure you'll be fine, make sure you prepare. All the best to you.

SHEEBA:
If they did confirm TWICE that you got approved for your ED and AP without fingerprints and picture taken i can only say Congrats!..but it is behond my understanding how they can do that.My AP had my picture taken at the Biometrics appointment and it was scanned on the AP document.Also,as i said before FIngerprints are MANDATORY before issuing the GC as the FBI background check(criminal history and name clearence) HAS to be cleared.That's the Law.Just my 2 cents advise as I AM NOT an Attorney...:)

LVNV:

I did notice that it is normal to recieve the AP and EAD cards just a few weeks prior your interview.I got my AP document only a week before my interview..:).For what i did understand once you get RFE everything stops untill they recive a reply to their RFE .Then the all process starts back again.Your 90 days would have been the 22nd of February but you have to add the days that took from the day they sent you a RFE untill the day they recived your RFE reply.So 10-20 days more..?,,..and you get close to the day of your interview..Good luck everyone!!! :)

Hi Bluegrass/LadyM and everyone on this awesome forum.... Finally I received my biometrics letter for 4/21 appmt date:) Though internally my EAD is approved I will not be receiving it until my biometrics is done!!! Thanks BLUEGRASS and I also had the same feeling but was confused with the response on the follow up calls to the 1-800 phone number...

anyways...wanted to know if anybody went to the Alexandria(Virginia) USCIS office for FP??? and what do you all suggest? shall I try doing an early walk in??? has anyone done early walk in at the Alexandria office???

Thanks very much all:) and CONGRATULATIONS to all those who received positive news and/or their GC's....

Have a wonderful day!

I am feeling so unlucky !!! I need to travel abroad by end of april and never heard back form that guys yet :(((

Hi SHEEBA!! Finally you got the Biometrics Appointment iam happy for you!!I did a walk in,Cincinnati,and they did not say a word.I heard other places may not be very happy if you show up earlier date buy most of the times they accept it.In my opinion you should go and give it a try at the worst they will just say that is not possible...:).Reading on the internet i noticed 90% of the times they have no problem if you do a walk in. Good luck!!!

Hi SHEEBA!! Finally you got the Biometrics Appointment iam happy for you!!I did a walk in,Cincinnati,and they did not say a word.I heard other places may not be very happy if you show up earlier date buy most of the times they accept it.In my opinion you should go and give it a try at the worst they will just say that is not possible...:).Reading on the internet i noticed 90% of the times they have no problem if you do a walk in. Good luck!!!

BLUEGRASS - Thank you!!! Phew receiving that mail was a relief:) Sure I will so a walk in this wednesday maybe:) so that its neither in the beginning of end of the week!!!

CONGRATS to Interpid14 and Mistborn yay!!!!

Have a good week ahead everyone:) and for those still waiting like me... lets stay positive!!!

Hooooooooray, Just received card production email... USCIS made my day, I've been hopeless because I want to go outside USA first of MAY !!!!
Wish best luck for all of u guys !!

A BIG GONGRATULATIONS!! to Mistborn, CSCC and Sheeba. All the very best to you guys. As for me I'm liking my new job and taking it a day at a time.

Take care guys.

CSCC see you were worried for nothing.

Congratulations to you all for receiving the GCs or doing the interviews! That's fantastic!!

See the history for my case below. I haven't received an EAD card, nor a request for evidence. I called USCIS earlier today, and they mentioned that they're currently working on applications received on August 17.
By the way, I'm applying from NYC... not sure if that has anything to do with waiting times. Anyone has any words of advice?
Is there anyone else applying from NY? Is this wait time normal?

Thanks,

~k

Day 0: 11/20/2010: All applications sent by FedEx to USCIS (Chicago)
Day 2: 11/22/2010: All applications received by USCIS
Day 16: 12/06/2010: Receipts issued for applications I-130, I-485, I-765, & I-131
Day 21: 12/11/2010: Notice by mail providing place/date/time biometrics appt 12/23
Day 33: 12/23/2010: Biometrics done
Day 142: 02/15/2011: patiently waiting for case updates

That seems like a long time to wait, but then maybe filing NY is different. I'd suggest you start a thread, so the likelyhood of someone in your situation can respond increases.

Last edited by a moderator:
great. congrats!

can you give us a detailed account of your interview experience? that would greatly help us here prepare for it.

You are not the only one. The NY DO is notoriously slow. I am also impatiently waiting for my interview letter. I also called the USCIS toll number, I was told to wait till May 6 before taking further actions.

My timeline is listed below:
Timeline For Green card
Day 1: Nov 10 2010:Notice of Reciept
Day 20: Nov 20: RFE Sent
Day 35: Dec 15: Biometric Appt Sent
Day 55: Jan 5: RFE Received
Day 56: Jan 6: Biometric Appt Done
Day 81: Jan 31: EAD Received
Day 150: Still waiting.

Sure I can, but I got it through lottery, my family base was going so slow... Interview experience: So we got there 9:30am we were called at 10:15am and left the interview at 10:30am. The officer was very professional and he knew a lot about lottery and also 245i. He said we provided all documents necessary and even more than was necessary which made his job very easy. He asked for: both original birth certificates, original lottery letter and lottery payment and all financial documents (he said that for lottery they are definitely looking for that!)So we gave employment letter, w2s, paystubs, bank accounts) and recent tax returns. He asked a few things about our marriage and for us to show some pictures (strange because we are married for ten years!) In the mean time he took our i-94 out the passport and said we are approved because there are 1200 visas for SA and our # is 8XX. The GC should be in the mail in 10 business days. When I got home my case was updated to CPO. My hub was the principal applicant and he had 245i, we decide not to use a lawyer so we save some money for some international trip this year :).