November 1-485 Filers pls post

Approved! (parent's app)

Finally, parents' apps were approved.

11/16/10 Mailed apps for Mother and Father
12/21/10 FPs done (Newark, NJ)
3/10/11 Interview (oral approval given)
3/15/11 (Welcome to the US) Letter recd.

(Country of citizenship: India)
No RFE

Interview experience:

- checked original certificates, asked when arrived (they arrived on B-2 -visitor visa Ans. July 2010)
- asked why want to stay in the US (Ans. children)
- asked date of marriage (of parents)
- asked birth dates

- Note: Only the applicant was allowed to accompany parents, not the spouse.
- Make sure all the documents are in order. (all you need is birth certificates, and marriage certificates. Father did not have birth cert., so provided three supporting docs: - non availability cert. from the municipality, school leaving certificate, and two affidavits from close relatives (two brothers)

Thanks everybody, and best wishes to your journey ....

First of all congrats to nkm-oct23 & 485ead.

Can the guys who got their GC tell me which field offices u had ut interview?? because the office in St.Paul, MN where i had my interview still processing cases sent on 09/26/2010 before i sent my case by 2 months !!!

CSCC, I had my interview in Lawrence, MA. No delays there!

Congrats to nkm-oct23 and 485ead
All the best to the others still waiting.

Can the guys who got their GC tell me which field offices u had ut interview?? because the office in St.Paul, MN where i had my interview still processing cases sent on 09/26/2010 before i sent my case by 2 months !!!

I had my interview in Philadelphia PA

is there anyone in Nov 2010 thread with Atlanta DO and got your IL ?
Just trying to get an idea when I will get IL.

Hi guys, I finally got the IL.. I wonder how many more Novembers filers are waiting for one..N400pg I hope you get yours soon. It took 5 months to get mine, ( I believe I am the one waiting the most so far..)

Another update regarding my mother's case - today I received approval notice for I-130 and "Welcome to US" notice for my mom. Now the only thing remaining is the actual card which I hope to get before the end of this month.

My I-130 case still does not show up in USCIS case status.

I received my parents' GC in mail yesterday... only 3 days after the "approval status SMS/email"... it's amazingly fast...

Hi guys, I finally got the IL.. I wonder how many more Novembers filers are waiting for one..N400pg I hope you get yours soon. It took 5 months to get mine, ( I believe I am the one waiting the most so far..)

R2010,

I am so so happy for u, finally!!
All the best with the interview.
I just got a new job too, but I will check in on u guys often. Congrats to nkm and 485ead.
Take care all. God Bles!!!

Approved!
We went to the Interview today - Half An Hour Early. The Officer called us in 10 minutes late.
- We took the Oath
- He asked questions on all the information in I-485 (each and every thing that got filled)
- Asked the Yes/No questions on I-485
- He asked questions on everything in I-130
- Asked about house, bank debit cards and joint account
- made copies of the above
- asked copies of last 2 months bank statements
- Said Approved!

I wish everyone gets this type of officer. LOL

One other question I did not answer properly - Why did you wait for 3 years after marriage to apply for Permanant Residence.
This was not not on the list of questions I prepared for!
I said, we were busy. He moved on.

Thanks,
GCEppudu

Hi Y'all, We went for my interview today at Philadelphia office. It was for 9:15am. We got there about 10 minutes early and sat down to be called. We ended up waiting for about 45 minutes before we were called. Before going for the interview, we could not find my wife's birth certificate and it was too late to get the original before the interview. So I was like okay, i hope they dont ask for it but if they do well too bad. We sat in the waiting area reading books until we got called in at about 9:50 by a bored looking IO. He told us his name, swore us in, then asked for ID. I gave him my ID and he went to my visa page, asked me when I got into the US. If I still go to College. What I am currently doing, how we met, where we met, where we live, how much rent we pay, what I do during the day since I haven't gotten my SSN, if we have joint accounts, if we have cards for the joint accounts, why people were not at our wedding, how we are holding up financially. Then he said we should give him any documents we have to prove joint accounts and same living space. We gave him our lease and joint account statements. Then he asked if we had pictures, he did not really want to look at it, just told us to pick out five to add to our file. We did that then he took out my I-94 card from my passport,asked me the yes and no questions, then explained about removing conditions and told us to amass more joint documents after I get my SSN. He then said we would here from them in maximum of 2 weeks but he said we would probably get something earlier. Then he asked if we had any questions, we didn't and he bid us good day.Throughout the IO looked bored like he needed a new job or something. All together the interview took about max 30 minutes though it felt shorter. I checked my email just now and it says Card Production Ordered!!! And he did not ask for the birth certificate. God is good!

It's been along journey. So happy it's done. So the mail man will be my best friend for the next one week or two:)

Hi All,

I had my interview today in Newark,NJ. The officer asked no questions other than the regular "Have you ever.." questions. Just checked my passport/id,couple of docs in the file and said APPROVED.The officer told me that GC will be effective from 5PM today and gave an envelope to mail my EAD back to Newark Office once i receive my GC. Just received an alert on my I485 case that the status is changed to "CARD/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION".

Hi All,

I had my interview today in Newark,NJ. The officer asked no questions other than the regular "Have you ever.." questions. Just checked my passport/id,couple of docs in the file and said APPROVED.The officer told me that GC will be effective from 5PM today and gave an envelope to mail my EAD back to Newark Office once i receive my GC. Just received an alert on my I485 case that the status is changed to "CARD/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION".

Congrats @intrepid14! I am sure you are all relieved now since this part of the process is over. Did you receive a conditional GC or has it been more than 2 years since your marriage?
You should be out celebrating today :)

Thanks LadyM, now i am stressing over the interview... I just wish this process to be over with soon. So far i have done everything without lawyers. They are not really familiar with the lottery process.. but for the interview I think I should have one.. because my hub is under the 245i... tough decision to make + is hard to find a good lawyer in NJ...
Well congrats to all who got good news this week.. and for all who unfortunately fall under the retrogression, I sincerely hope these numbers start to move really fast SOON!
R2010,

I am so so happy for u, finally!!
All the best with the interview.
I just got a new job too, but I will check in on u guys often. Congrats to nkm and 485ead.
Take care all. God Bles!!!

Another update regarding my mother's case - today I received approval notice for I-130 and "Welcome to US" notice for my mom. Now the only thing remaining is the actual card which I hope to get before the end of this month.

My I-130 case still does not show up in USCIS case status.

Received mom's green card today by USPS Priority mail. It was mailed on 22nd March.