November 1-485 Filers pls post

I am still wondering what will happen after interview as visa date is retrogressed back to 2008. Can I expect approval after successful visa interview?

Generally for F2A, cases the visa number is assigned before the AOS interview. That means if your interview is in January of 2011, and the priority dates have retrogressed prior to to the interview, your case would be put on hold till the PD becomes current. As of now the F2A dates should be current for 2010 after 2 yrs (2012). Thus if your interview outcome is inconclusive (i.e. desicion cannot be made) they will wait for the PD to be current before granting GC. Looks like you missed the bus by a few weeks. Fortunately for you, you can renew your EAD, have AP for tavel abroad till the time you get your GC. That means after your OPT you need not be on any visa (H1, L1 etc) for maintaining status. Furthermore, you will also be eligible for FAFSA on your EAD, only condition for that is that you have to be paroled in to the USA, for which you need to use your AP. In the meanwhile if your spouse becomes a USC you go from F2A to IR1 which does not have a visa number limitation. Thus your case would jump forward in that instance. Do post your interview experience as you would be one of the first cases hit by the retrogression.

Generally for F2A, cases the visa number is assigned before the AOS interview. That means if your interview is in January of 2011, and the priority dates have retrogressed prior to to the interview, your case would be put on hold till the PD becomes current. As of now the F2A dates should be current for 2010 after 2 yrs (2012). Thus if your interview outcome is inconclusive (i.e. desicion cannot be made) they will wait for the PD to be current before granting GC. Looks like you missed the bus by a few weeks. Fortunately for you, you can renew your EAD, have AP for tavel abroad till the time you get your GC. That means after your OPT you need not be on any visa (H1, L1 etc) for maintaining status. Furthermore, you will also be eligible for FAFSA on your EAD, only condition for that is that you have to be paroled in to the USA, for which you need to use your AP. In the meanwhile if your spouse becomes a USC you go from F2A to IR1 which does not have a visa number limitation. Thus your case would jump forward in that instance. Do post your interview experience as you would be one of the first cases hit by the retrogression.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge Ravi_Niu. Lets cross the fingers and hope for positive outcome of my interview.I am also concern for my EAD and AP- haven't received yet - Is this normal?

Thank you again for your time!
~AbcdAmerica

.I am also concern for my EAD and AP- haven't received yet - Is this normal?

That is quite normal. If at interview a dsicion cannot be made (which may be the likely case senario) still you will get your EAD and AP. Your status would be still 'Adjustee' which will keep you legal till adjudication of case in the future. You can even be approved for EAD post interview.

Update

Hello all :) Got my biometrics done today! Showed up about 30 minutes early and was done in about 45 minutes, mostly the wait took long, the actual fingerprint/photo taking took about 3-5 minutes! Still have not received my EAD that according to my online case status was sent Dec.30 ... :confused: It's been about 8 usps working days..
And my RFE was in fact for my I693.

USPS tracking no. shows thats USCIS should received my RFE in 1/5/2011 and no updates on my case status till now.

Approved at the interview. IO did not give any paper but verbally approved me. Took hardly 10 min. First took oath and then Asked us proof of co habitation for which we gave lease and then proof of financial mingling for which we gave us our bank statements. We had photos the IO asked for them looked at it and said that he is approving us. That all. We thanked him and left. He took my I-94. I asked him about the EAD from previous visa, he said to keep it as I need for work till the GC came and added that I should have my GC in 10 days.

Hey all.

I have a quick question regarding a Request for Evidence. On Nov. 23rd we were requested to send in a copy of our marriage license since USCIS does not accept an original, we had plenty and sent an original. Since the address was a PO Box I sent the RFE along with the copy of the marriage license via regular mail. I sent it around Nov. 25th and so far nothing new has happened with the case. I called last month before Xmas and they told me that nothing new had come in, but also mentioned that sometimes it takes a while for them to go through the letters, but now this is already too much time. Should I send in another letter with our receipt # and explain this situation?

How long do RFE's usually take to be processed?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Approved at the interview. IO did not give any paper but verbally approved me. Took hardly 10 min. First took oath and then Asked us proof of co habitation for which we gave lease and then proof of financial mingling for which we gave us our bank statements. We had photos the IO asked for them looked at it and said that he is approving us. That all. We thanked him and left. He took my I-94. I asked him about the EAD from previous visa, he said to keep it as I need for work till the GC came and added that I should have my GC in 10 days.

Ravi,

I am so happy for you. A VERY HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU. All the very best to you and family.

Thank you CSCC and LadyM, may all of the November 2010 filers get their GC's ASAP, thats my new year wish :). I am keeping my fingers crossed as there has been no updates as of now. Hopefully it will come soon.

Congrts Ravi on your successful interiew, i believe you have applied as spouse of usc. Am i right? I am still wondering about my coming interview under F2A, i will keep you all update.
Thank you!
~AbcdAmerica.

abcdamerica Yes I am in the IR1 category. Keep us posted about your interview. When is your spouse eligible to file for N400?

I have not seen any changes on the RFE status and it has been almost 9 days since they got it. I am not sure if this is because of the visa retrogression, which has affected my priority date or is just the procedure.
If anyone has any knowledge about this plz let me know!

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Congratulations Ravi.

Hi Guys

Good news y'all, got my Interview Letter. I was mostly looking for an EAD update, but this is ok too. It is for Mid February.

CSCC, the updates are slow in coming but I'm sure you'll see a status change soon. I'm solely relying on the mail because the online status and alerts never get updated.

Hope to see some more updates for you guys in the week ahead. All the best

Last edited by a moderator: