November 1-485 Filers pls post

Hi everyone,

I had an okay interview experience. We waited about 35 mins before were called in about 12:40. IO swore us in and had a very serious appearance. She asked a couple unexpected questions, (least so I thought) Like proof of myself and husband (derivative) Tax Returns, luckily I had them. Overall about 45 or so minutes inside, mostly quiet as she flip through our files. Finally she asked the yes/no questions and then mentioned that our case would be pending due to retrogression (PD no longer current)
Not sure when it will be current again but we'll have to wait and see.

I'm especially glad that this phase is over....yeeaahh!
Is anyone else in F4 category?

11/10/10: Mailed Adjustment Packet
11/16/10: Packet received by USCIS
11/24/10: Checks Cashed
11/29/10: Received NOA'S in the mail
12/06/10: Received Biometrics Appointment
12/29/10: Biometrics Done
01/14/11: Interview Letter Received
02/04/11: Card Production Ordered
02/14/11: EAD received
02/18/11: Interview (Pending Retrogression)

Last edited by a moderator:
LadyM CONGRATS on the pending approval!

You mentioned that she asked you for your taxes... how many years worth did she want? Also did you attend the interview with your sponsor?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I had an okay interview experience. We waited about 35 mins before were called in about 12:40. IO swore us in and had a very serious appearance. She asked a couple unexpected questions, (least so I thought) Like proof of myself and husband (derivative) Tax Returns, luckily I had them. Overall about 45 or so minutes inside, mostly quiet as she flip through our files. Finally she asked the yes/no questions and then mentioned that our case would be pending due to retrogression (PD no longer current)
Not sure when it will be current again but we'll have to wait and see.

I'm especially glad that this phase is over....yeeaahh!
Is anyone else in F4 category?

LadyM CONGRATS on the pending approval!

You mentioned that she asked you for your taxes... how many years worth did she want? Also did you attend the interview with your sponsor?

Thanks

Thank you.

I gave her last year's (09) returns.

My sponsor was present, but she only took a copy of her ID and she waited in the Lobby.

Guys,

I had my interview and i don't how was it? but the IO just told us our situation is approvable, And he kept pressuring on me i dont why! but lets wait for any updates !

CSCC looks like neither of us are dancing tonight..but it will be okay in times to come. The chapter might not be closed today, but it will my dear. be encouraged. You said the IO was pressuring you. Can you share what happened?

Guys, please keep posting and update us on your statuses. We started out strong, lets finish strong and cheer on each other
R2010, anything yet? Congrats boboclan, Sheeba, its been a while, I'm glad u had ur update. Mistborn did you get EAD yet?
All others, pls update. All the best

Congratulations to Lady M and CSCC.!!!!!

LadyM: iam sure you are done,just need to wait you become "current".You probably got a " not so friendly officer" but that can appen in any working scenario everywhere.

CSCC: if you can please share your interview in details we may give you some opinions.You said the officer was pushing you but how?Looking many post during these past months i have noticed some got rough interviews only to find out later being approved.The advise i can give you is check tomorrow(and following days) your I-485 status online if there are any updates.The officer might just wanted to be 'hard" with you to be sure everything you said was true.If he told you you were "approvable" i think you are just fine.:).You might get an email of approval soon,or take a little time.

Hi LadyM, Thanks for your concerns regarding my case. Oh well... I am here.. waiting... did an infopass in Newark last week and my files are under "review" in that office since December.. I am taking my chill pill supplement everyday and hoping for the best. I am sorry to hear that you fall under the retrogression. Glad you are over with the interview process though. I guess you have your EAD card while waiting, that is some good news, right? Hope all the November fillers have a happy ending at last....

LadyM and CSCC don't worry everything will work out by God's grace. CSCC can you give us a detailed account of the whole interview so we can give you our opinions on some things? I got my interview letter on tuesday and I got my EAD last friday or thursday. I have applied for a SSN and I'm waiting on that. A part of my house got burnt so I have been really stressed. Only my wife's clothes got burnt so we have to go shopping today. Thank God she woke up in time to call the firemen and get our landlady's kids out of the house. My interview is for March 22 9:15am in Philadelphia. I am already started preparing, hopefully I get a job soon. Don't worry guys, we will all hear good news. God that brought us this far won't leave us when it's just about to be over.

Update to parent's application:

Finally, we received an interview letter scheduled for Mar. 10 (FP done 12/21/10 - Newark, NJ)

Quick question, do we absolutely need the sponsor's (not the applicant's) ORIGINAL birth certificate at the GC interview?

LadyM and CSCC don't worry everything will work out by God's grace. CSCC can you give us a detailed account of the whole interview so we can give you our opinions on some things? I got my interview letter on tuesday and I got my EAD last friday or thursday. I have applied for a SSN and I'm waiting on that. A part of my house got burnt so I have been really stressed. Only my wife's clothes got burnt so we have to go shopping today. Thank God she woke up in time to call the firemen and get our landlady's kids out of the house. My interview is for March 22 9:15am in Philadelphia. I am already started preparing, hopefully I get a job soon. Don't worry guys, we will all hear good news. God that brought us this far won't leave us when it's just about to be over.

Mistborn, Thanks so much for the kind words. Really sorry to hear about your home but thank God thank no one was hurt. I do believe that everything will work out for everyone in this thread. it just a matter of time. We just have to keep a level head while we wait.
BLUEGRASS66, R2010 thank you guys. I did get my EAD and I can now renew my DL and look for work, so I'll put my time in doing that for now.

Be well everybody.

Hi 485ead, so happy to hear Newark is moving!!( even though is moving like snail :) anyrighmy bio us in dec 29? which means that I might get my IL soon too yippeee. and march 10 is right around the corner too !! very nice...
Update to parent's application:

Finally, we received an interview letter scheduled for Mar. 10 (FP done 12/21/10 - Newark, NJ)

Quick question, do we absolutely need the sponsor's (not the applicant's) ORIGINAL birth certificate at the GC interview?

Lady M your interview sounds like it went well apart from the issue of retrogression. Hang in there and everything will work out fine for you.
CSCC, I think if the IO said your case is approvable may be you will receive an update on monday for your card ordered. What kind of pressure did you experience from the IO?
Mistborn, Sorry about your home. Thanks God everyone walked out safe. Congrats on your IL and EAD. My interview is on March 2 in Philly. Doing the final touches preparations.
Newark DO peeps, hang in there and God will make things work out for you guys. It is good to hear guys are getting updates.
All November filers, Congrats to those who already have their GCs. The rest of us still in this journey, stay focused , stay positive and trust God to take us through till the end.

Mistborn, Sorry about your home. Lady M, CSCC congratulations for both of you.Hopefully the wait won't be long.

Here is the update on my case. Received EAD and IL. Interview scheduled on March 23 in Newark.

Thanks for you update Intrepid14, a lot people from Newark is finally getting IL.. I wonder when i will receive mine... getting a bit anxious now.. I would like to ask the newark folks if anyone is applying under the 245i???
thanks again! you guys are really giving me some hope..

Mistborn, Sorry about your home. Lady M, CSCC congratulations for both of you.Hopefully the wait won't be long.

Here is the update on my case. Received EAD and IL. Interview scheduled on March 23 in Newark.

Hi everybody...

its been sometime I replied here. Good luck to LadyM and CSCC...
Well I received my I-797 receipts december 2nd week and my application number does not show any status online... its frustrating. FInally called the number displayed on teh case status page and found that my EAD and AP was approved this week. But I am wondering why I have not received any biometrics letter???? anyways I just need to wait I guess:(

Congrats to the two who received the GCs...:)

Have a good day all..

Sheeba any news about your Biometrics appointment?

Congratulations to Lady M and CSCC.!!!!!
i rec. e-mail saying card production ordered for my EAD yesterday

Sheeba any news about your Biometrics appointment?

Hi Bluegrass66 and Lady M,
thanks:) I havent received any biometrics letter:( I called the number today and they again confirmed that my EAD and AP was approved last week and that I need to give like 30 days for the card to come.

Mistborn - glad you are all safe and the fire accident damage was only to clothes....

LadyM and CSCC - congrats on your interviews... glad that rest of you all getting updates:):) and things are moving positive....

good luck to rest of us...

Update

Hi everyone, its been a very long while since i posted in here. CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who has received their things :) So happy for all of you!

I have an update and also some questions...

My interview will be on March 28,2011. letter was sent on Feb.22 (not yet rcvd)

I have not received my ead :( the online update was a mistake and was only a notice that they re-sent. (spoke to a Tier 2 personnel)

Question #1: My filling date was 11/22/10 it has been beyond 90 days since, but according to my atty's assistant, the 90 day window for processing ead re-starts on the day the request for evidence is sent, is this true? I know most of us here got RFE's but yet everyone has gotten their ead's so far.

Thanks to boboclan, Intrepid & R&S. Congrats to you guys too with your updates

Sheeba congrats with your EAD and AP approval, hang in there, they know what they're doing.
LVNV, all the best with your interview. You should take your lawyer's word, and also maybe do some research on your own to confirm.

mistborn, how r u guys doing? CSCC any updates?

02/18/11: Interview (Pending Retrogression

SHEEBA:
If they did confirm TWICE that you got approved for your ED and AP without fingerprints and picture taken i can only say Congrats!..but it is behond my understanding how they can do that.My AP had my picture taken at the Biometrics appointment and it was scanned on the AP document.Also,as i said before FIngerprints are MANDATORY before issuing the GC as the FBI background check(criminal history and name clearence) HAS to be cleared.That's the Law.Just my 2 cents advise as I AM NOT an Attorney...:)

LVNV:

I did notice that it is normal to recieve the AP and EAD cards just a few weeks prior your interview.I got my AP document only a week before my interview..:).For what i did understand once you get RFE everything stops untill they recive a reply to their RFE .Then the all process starts back again.Your 90 days would have been the 22nd of February but you have to add the days that took from the day they sent you a RFE untill the day they recived your RFE reply.So 10-20 days more..?,,..and you get close to the day of your interview..Good luck everyone!!! :)