Non RIR Discussion Only !

Whats next in the labor certification process????

Yes, that should be part of RRI (Recruitment Report Instructions).
If a candidate qualifies for your position the LC will be denied. How closely does that person match for your position? Also what is you priority date, state you filed from and when did your lawyer receive Recruitment Instructions (AJB ad was posted on)? Also tell us your job title?

I am a new bee to this forum..Not sure about the labor certification process.
I have access to my lawyer's website to check the recent status on my labor. The latest status I have is

5/30/2007 Filed back to BEC for final approval.
5/23/2007 Recruitment Report letter and G-28 to be signed by manager sent.
5/14/2007 Signed job notice posting received.
5/14/2007 Newspaper ads received.
4/18/2007 Newspaper ad sent. Publish Dates: 4/27-29

What is next? Are they missing anything? Does anyone know how long it will take after sending Recruitment Report letter and G-28?????????????????

Thanks
varsityboys
EB2-TR
ETA-P*******

Last edited by a moderator:
How long after labor certification

Hi -
I wanted to know how long is the process after the labor certification is approved?

How long does it usually take for i40/485 processing.

My country of birth is Nepal.

Thanks for your help.

Have you see the RRI content, did your lawyer send you the copy of RRI? I lawyer got mad when I request him to send me the copy of RRI, I don't know why he don't want to and get angry?
I don't have a direct connect to the lawyer- only via HR. They are quite reluctant to provide any hard copies- mostly verbal info. Only I can do - it's annoy HR and sometime get useful info.

so when someone replies to your JOB how would you know? do the resume come throughout the recruitment period or when the recruitment period is over?...any insights will be greatly appreciated. thank you.

so when someone replies to your JOB how would you know? do the resume come throughout the recruitment period or when the recruitment period is over?...any insights will be greatly appreciated. thank you.
BEC is supposed to send Recruitment Report Instructions (RRI) with all the resumes received and instructions of what to do next right after recruitment period of one month is over. After that employer/lawyer must interview all the applicants and submit final report back to BEC.

The question is though, my company have not received that RRI for over a month now, how long are we supposed to wait for it and maybe it is possible to submit a final report without reception of RRI? Any insights?

Hello Everyone!

I've been reading this post and all of you are very helpful, so I thought maybe someone can answer my question. I have my traditional LC pending since 2003 and so far there's no hope in sight. My H1B will expire on Jan 31, 2008 and I will need 7th year extension then. Now with this cut off date of September of 2007 that BEC set for processing all of the LCA's I'm afraid I might get stuck in between the end of LCA processing and a chance to renew my H1B.

Can someone suggest when shall I apply for H1B extension?

Thank you in advance...

You can apply for an extension of your H1B anytime after July 31, 2007. I highly recommend that you do that in Aug. itself. so that you will have an extension till Jan 31, 2009.

If you want to take a 3 yrs extension then you can wait for your LC to get cleared from BEC. Once LC is cleared then apply for I140 under premium processing which might take approx 1 month or so to get cleared (based on what I read from this forum members). After getting I140 cleared if you apply for H1b extension, you will get 3 yrs extension (till 2011). But this will be risky.

The best thing to do is get an 1 yrs extension based on your current LC pending application at BEC and then once you get LC cleared go for concurrent I140 and I485 if your priority date if current, if not then go for PP I140 and wait for I485, in the meantime due to visa retrogression if you cannot apply for I485 then based on LC & I140 clearance you can apply for 3 yr. H1b extension.

Sorry for the long reply.

Hello Everyone!

I've been reading this post and all of you are very helpful, so I thought maybe someone can answer my question. I have my traditional LC pending since 2003 and so far there's no hope in sight. My H1B will expire on Jan 31, 2008 and I will need 7th year extension then. Now with this cut off date of September of 2007 that BEC set for processing all of the LCA's I'm afraid I might get stuck in between the end of LCA processing and a chance to renew my H1B.

Can someone suggest when shall I apply for H1B extension?

Thank you in advance...

As per my understanding it will come after the recruitment period is over. This will be part of "request for final Document" from BEC which will say if they received any resume or not. So you will have to wait for this request from BEC. If you have a good repo with your lawyer then he or she might call BEC(once recruitment period is over) to ask if they (BEC) received any resume or not. if they say no resume then your lawyer can send the final docs. This is what I have read in previous posts in this forum. this is not a legal advice. Act accordingly.

As you are from Nepal, so you come under "rest of the world" category. If you priority date is current the you can apply for concurrent I140/485/AP/EAD. Based on the current trend PP of I140 take about 2 weeks (CSC) and EAD appox 6 month. Once 181 days are over after filling 485 you are bit safe as you can use AC21 rule/law. But this is just an estimate, time might vary on case to case basis. This is not a legal advice. Please act accordingly.

Hi -
I wanted to know how long is the process after the labor certification is approved?

How long does it usually take for i40/485 processing.

My country of birth is Nepal.

Thanks for your help.

You can apply for an extension of your H1B anytime after July 31, 2007. I highly recommend that you do that in Aug. itself. so that you will have an extension till Jan 31, 2009.

If you want to take a 3 yrs extension then you can wait for your LC to get cleared from BEC. Once LC is cleared then apply for I140 under premium processing which might take approx 1 month or so to get cleared (based on what I read from this forum members). After getting I140 cleared if you apply for H1b extension, you will get 3 yrs extension (till 2011). But this will be risky.

The best thing to do is get an 1 yrs extension based on your current LC pending application at BEC and then once you get LC cleared go for concurrent I140 and I485 if your priority date if current, if not then go for PP I140 and wait for I485, in the meantime due to visa retrogression if you cannot apply for I485 then based on LC & I140 clearance you can apply for 3 yr. H1b extension.

Sorry for the long reply.
Oh no your reply is very good. Thank you sakiv_us. You very helpfull!

I asked at work and someone at hr told me that my case is on supervise recrutment. Will this effect my H1B extension?

Thank you in advanse!

I don't think so. I think you might have to submit a copy for a letter from BEC or even 45 days letter or original state filling receipt to prove that your LC was filled on a particular date (your Priority Date).

Oh no your reply is very good. Thank you sakiv_us. You very helpfull!

I asked at work and someone at hr told me that my case is on supervise recrutment. Will this effect my H1B extension?

Thank you in advanse!

My job ad has been taken off the ajb website since 6/1/2007.
Any idea how long it takes DOL to send the RRI? Should I start bugging my lawyer next week?

EB2-MI- PD Feb 2004

No RRI yet, any thoughts please...

AJB add was between 3/23 to 4/23, and we still haven't received the RRI. After a lot of pushing, the legal said they had sent an inquiry to DOL on 5/18, details of which were not discussed. No response from DOL on that either...

Can someone please advice or share their thoughts.

Thank you,

AJB add was between 3/23 to 4/23, ...
they had sent an inquiry to DOL on 5/18, details of which were not discussed. No response from DOL on that either...

Mine was 2/26 - 4/11 and no RRI yet. Pushing HR and lawyer got me an answer that they are checking but no response from DOL so all we can do wait. Also got me threaten that I am to involved and my labor will flank ( come and figure that method out to get me off their back )
Long story short we are stuck...
Good luck

Received 1 resume and completed the process. Submitted the final documentation on 5/11. waiting for approval.

Case: EB2 TR.
State: Texas.
PD:11-2002.
Received 45 day letter: 02-2006.
Case Number: D-05221-xxxxx.
AJB posted 02/27/07
RI received on 03/08/07
RRI received on 4/26
Final documentation submitted: 5/11