Non RIR Discussion Only !

It is obvious that DOL backlog center is processing cases with utter disregard to FIFO procedures. Some people with priority dates in 2004 or 2005 have obtained their labor certifications, but some people with priority dates in 2001 or 2002 still do not know what is happening to their cases. If we file lawsuit against DOL on their inability to maintain FIFO procedures, what are the chances of success? Their inability to maintain FIFO procedures has brought great misery in lives of the people who stood in line for so many years so patiently.

Very interesting. Do you know of any lawyers that have done this with Labor Dep. in the past? I will be very interested on this given that I will be 5 years in the process soon and many people with later PD ( no offence ) have been approved.

It is obvious that DOL backlog center is processing cases with utter disregard to FIFO procedures. Some people with priority dates in 2004 or 2005 have obtained their labor certifications, but some people with priority dates in 2001 or 2002 still do not know what is happening to their cases. If we file lawsuit against DOL on their inability to maintain FIFO procedures, what are the chances of success? Their inability to maintain FIFO procedures has brought great misery in lives of the people who stood in line for so many years so patiently.
I fully support you. If there's a class action or a simple law suit I will issue my full support for it! I also thought that maybe we can nail them some other way, say thru some higher standing organization, or through some senators that can possibly bring it up. If anyone knows, with access to appropriate lawyers, post it here and we all should contact them. I'm so pissed about what they are doing!

I fully support you. If there's a class action or a simple law suit I will issue my full support for it! I also thought that maybe we can nail them some other way, say thru some higher standing organization, or through some senators that can possibly bring it up. If anyone knows, with access to appropriate lawyers, post it here and we all should contact them. I'm so pissed about what they are doing!

Guys!!,
Take a deep breath. Here's a couple things to consider

1) You have waited for quite some time, as have I. Its going on 1400 days + for me. But, the BEC's have publicly commited to ending the backlog by Sept 30 of this year. So thats 4 months from now. Just imagine this. Later in life no one can match up to your sob story. When anyone complains how long they had to wait in some line, you can go "you think thats bad... " :) .

2) Look at this from the departments point of view. They have thousands of cases, and I am sure most of the people working there are just trying to do their jobs. But at the same time if one guys just starts approving cases real fast, he might get accused of any number of things. Same if the guys starts rejecting cases.

So the moral is, have some more patience. Dont do something stupid. Go see "Pirates of the Caribbean". I heard its pretty good

J

Guys!!,
Take a deep breath. Here's a couple things to consider

1) You have waited for quite some time, as have I. Its going on 1400 days + for me. But, the BEC's have publicly commited to ending the backlog by Sept 30 of this year. So thats 4 months from now. Just imagine this. Later in life no one can match up to your sob story. When anyone complains how long they had to wait in some line, you can go "you think thats bad... " :) .

2) Look at this from the departments point of view. They have thousands of cases, and I am sure most of the people working there are just trying to do their jobs. But at the same time if one guys just starts approving cases real fast, he might get accused of any number of things. Same if the guys starts rejecting cases.

So the moral is, have some more patience. Dont do something stupid. Go see "Pirates of the Caribbean". I heard its pretty good

J
Well, J, you seem to be missing the point. No one is talking about how fast they should approve or deny cases. This is not the point. I agree with you, they should check everyone, but they should do this in order those cases were received. The department has implemented the so called priority date system. It used to be everywhere on their documentation -- that cases will be processed in order received. If they process them now the way they want it, why implement that system in the first place? The whole thing is just a matter of a fair game. The notion that the goverment portrays itself as fair and balanced on the public air waves and does this finagling on the inside makes me boil with anger. If no one says anything they will keep doing it. Think about it. If this web site did not exist you and I won't even know that the whole First In First Out system is far from being used by the DOL.

There's one other thing I need to tell you about your statement of having waited for so long and now with 4 months left it won't do much of a difference. That is not true. Everyone's case is different. First, people's H1B's might be expiring on the nose and this "little" wait might make a significant difference. Secondly, there's a talk about the proposed immigration bill that, if passed, will cut the Green Card numbers, seriously diminish H1B renewals and do other nasty stuff for us, legal folks. All immigration lawyers now scream to file I-140 and I-485 ASAP to avoid a possible quagmire with the new legislature that is about to be passed these days. Taking this into account those 4 months that you mentioned would make a tremendous difference. I hope you understand that.

So, please stop playing their game and fight for yourself. If we don't stand for ourselves, no one will.

PS. And one more thing, I'm sure Pirates of the Caribbean 3 will suck even more than the second movie :)

Recruitment Report

Hello,
Its my first time posting here. My lawer just sent me a resume with a evaluation sheet and the "Do's and Don'ts". My question is that is this what you call the "Recruitment Report"?
Also, the one resume that they recieved for my job posting. What happens if the canditate that gets interviewd, passes the interview process? I want to know what are the chances of the labor cert to get rejected because of the people that send in their resume for these job ads that are put out there only for the green card process?

Thanks,
Murtaza

What number did you call.

Dear Friends,

I found my job (TR LC case) was posted on AJB May12th. It has been almost 2 weeks, but neither my lawyer nor my employer received the Recruitment Instruction until today. I called PBEC today, and was told the RI for my case was actually mailed out 2 weeks ago.

I am very concern about my case, as it should not take more than 2 weeks to get RI. Just wondering what usually the poeply here to get RI after the job being posted in AJB? What i can do now?

Dear waittingforGC,

Can you please share the number you called to contact PBEC. Is it advisable to contact them directly to get an update on our case?

Thanks,
-nk..

My lawer just sent me a resume with a evaluation sheet and the "Do's and Don'ts". My question is that is this what you call the "Recruitment Report"?
Yes, that should be part of RRI (Recruitment Report Instructions).
Also, the one resume that they recieved for my job posting. What happens if the canditate that gets interviewd, passes the interview process? I want to know what are the chances of the labor cert to get rejected because of the people that send in their resume for these job ads that are put out there only for the green card process?
If a candidate qualifies for your position the LC will be denied. How closely does that person match for your position? Also what is you priority date, state you filed from and when did your lawyer receive Recruitment Instructions (AJB ad was posted on)? Also tell us your job title?

Thanks for the response.
I'm not sure if he matches the position or not. I just got the email with the instructions today from my lawer but the candidate seems overqualified.
My priority date is June 2002.
State filed in is Texas
And I think the recruitment instructions were recieved April 2nd or so.

So what is the safe way to go about this. What do people do that get more resumes. Should feel lucky that only one resume came through?

Thanks again.

I'm not sure if he matches the position or not. I just got the email with the instructions today from my lawer but the candidate seems overqualified.
If "the candidate seems overqualified" then he "matches the position" way too much. Between you and me, your lawyer needs to find something on him to turn him down. I would also assume that your company doesn't want to hire him instead of you, right? Because if they do, it is pretty much futile for you to go any further. So, assuming that they want to keep you, the lawyer has to interview that candidate. Since there was almost 2 months since the person sent the resume, let's hope that they found something else. It would be your blessing. If the person still wants the job, your lawyer must find something to turn him/her down. Overqualification is not something that person should be rejected for. The best way to do that is to find something in person's previous job experience - that should be your lawyer's business.

And I think the recruitment instructions were recieved April 2nd or so.
Is your job in IT industry? If so, I'm in the same boat with you. I haven't had my RRI though yet, although my RI came in the middle of March.

What do people do that get more resumes. Should feel lucky that only one resume came through?
Most resumes come for IT/Computer jobs. Again, if you're in IT industry you should consider yourself lucky that you got only one. I haven't gotten my report but I'm afraid I'll get more than that. In most cases many resumes could be easily brushed off since those people simply do not qualify (your lawyer still has to interview them according to DOL rules). But only the handful that remain can pose a "real threat" to your application. Again, the lawyer should tell you more about it.

No RRI yet after 7 weeks

It's 7 weeks today that my recruitment period ended. Lawyers say that they have not received RRI yet.
Even worst, they don't want to discuss anything with me about what they are doing to follow up ( if any ) with Dallas backlog center. HR is as non responsive as the lawyers.
I am IT and the rest is on my signature.
Any body else has been waiting so long or longer?
:( :( :(

Delayed RRI

Dear 10-02-Canadian,

I am also in the same boat like you. My recruitment period ended about 6 weeks back, but my lawyer hasn't received RRI yet. On my request last week, she sent an email and also called the DOL and left a message about the delayed RRI, but hasn't heard anything back from them. She was telling me that she had another candidate who had been waiting for his RRI for more than 2 months. Looks like we have no option other than to wait, painfully and grudgingly (only God knows how much longer).

Dear 10-02-Canadian,

I am also in the same boat like you. My recruitment period ended about 6 weeks back, but my lawyer hasn't received RRI yet. On my request last week, she sent an email and also called the DOL and left a message about the delayed RRI, but hasn't heard anything back from them. She was telling me that she had another candidate who had been waiting for his RRI for more than 2 months. Looks like we have no option other than to wait, painfully and grudgingly (only God knows how much longer).

After waiting more than 7 weeks, I got the response from my lawyer that it seems that he got my RRI yesterday and said that one resume rececived and need my employer to interview.
Please give many call to your lawyer to ask him to concern with BEC (I call my lawyer each week and each days last week), also I ask my employer to send email to my lawyer to ask the reason why is so slow, at the same day, my lawyer gave the response.
Please don't stop to give the presure to your lawyer, also ask your employer to help!
Also, you can use the following link to find the email address to contact BEC:
http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/times.cfm and phone number: 214-237-911. (must lawyer and employer to call them)
Hope the above info can help you.

Good Luck

It took more than 4 months after my job showed up in ajb.org to get the RRI. Not heard back from the DOL after we sent the RRI.

Just hang in there buddy.

It's 7 weeks today that my recruitment period ended. Lawyers say that they have not received RRI yet.
Even worst, they don't want to discuss anything with me about what they are doing to follow up ( if any ) with Dallas backlog center. HR is as non responsive as the lawyers.

Today the lawyer informed HR that she got RRI/no resumes attached
--------------------
D-05207-XXXXX
EB3 Non-RIR TX
PD 03/2005
45 DL: July 006
AJB AD 3/23/2007 removed 5/8/2007
RI: 04/02/2007
Reqruitment period 04/14/2007 - 05/14/2007
RRI: 5/30/2007

I completed 7 weeks, no RRI yet. Not sure what these idiots are doing.
My frustration is that I am set to loose this job in Dec as my company got sold. If I don't get this LC & I-140 by Dec, I am set to loose my PD and I have to start all over with a new company.
BEC has a deadline of September to clear all this mess. Do you guys think they can meet it? I am heavily counting on that.
My lawyers & employer called BEC but just managed to leave message. And we all know how promptly BEC is going to respond.
Is there anything else I can do ....? Please share your opinion.

CO/NON-RIR/EB3
PD - APRIL,2002
45day - JULY,2005
AJB Ad - 24 Feb 2007
RI - 12 MAR 2007
Recruitment Period - 3/9/2007 to 4/9/2007.
RRI waiting....

Today the lawyer informed HR that she got RRI/no resumes attached
--------------------
D-05207-XXXXX
EB3 Non-RIR TX
PD 03/2005
45 DL: July 006
AJB AD 3/23/2007 removed 5/8/2007
RI: 04/02/2007
Reqruitment period 04/14/2007 - 05/14/2007
RRI: 5/30/2007
Have you see the RRI content, did your lawyer send you the copy of RRI? I lawyer got mad when I request him to send me the copy of RRI, I don't know why he don't want to and get angry?

conspiracy theory...

Have you see the RRI content, did your lawyer send you the copy of RRI? I lawyer got mad when I request him to send me the copy of RRI, I don't know why he don't want to and get angry?

My lawyer has kept me well informed but whenever she feels that I am bothering them to much they give me the line "you are not suppose to be involved on your recruitment process" and shut me off....

I guess the only thing to do is to wait and bother HR. Once the Labor is done then I think we have more control over it and not just the company and the lawyer ( I hope ). Any suggestion on my idea to do the 140 on my own vs. using the same crappy law firm???

Any suggestion on my idea to do the 140 on my own vs. using the same crappy law firm???
You can still use the same "crappy law firm" with the exception that now they won't be able to shut you up since you'll be paying the bill. Trust me, it's gonna be oh so different :)