Non RIR Discussion Only !

What did the lawyer say about company name? It was even a question or it was on from the beginning...

I don't know what to say. Today I got the NY Times and on the Help Wanted section I found 4 BEC ads. NONE of them show the company name....
I will buy it tomorrow and Sunday too just to see.
For me the Company name is not a matter of saving money. They don't want to put that & the salary in the same ad. Is either or and we all know that the salary cannot be ommited...

Usually my company does not put company name and salary in the ad and no salary is posted for any internal postings. But for this case they did it as per instruction from BEC. It's better to be safe. Check with your lawyer.

Usually my company does not put company name and salary in the ad and no salary is posted for any internal postings. But for this case they did it as per instruction from BEC. It's better to be safe. Check with your lawyer.

Hello dynasteve,
You are a bit confusing...

They did put in the salary in the ad and internal postings or they put both the salary AND company name in the ad ?!?!? I am asking because BEC instructions does not say Company Name. As per their instructions they ask clearly for the salary and job location and the other things but not the company name.

P.S.: If I had a lawyer I would probably have less questions for you guys, but I don't have one...

Thanks !

AJB-How many more ads left?

Does anyone have an idea how many more cases are waiting to be posted on AJB from DBEC. I am waiting for mine. The ads have slowed to a trickle, only 200 ads per day or less. I know they plan to shut down AJB by the end of June.

Thanks,

45-Day-Replied: 6-July-2006
LA-Priority date (05-Jan-2004)

Hey, ny-nonrir, I'm going thru supervised recruitment right now -- can you share how did you respond to those 2 resumes that you received?

Hello dynasteve,
You are a bit confusing...

They did put in the salary in the ad and internal postings or they put both the salary AND company name in the ad ?!?!? I am asking because BEC instructions does not say Company Name. As per their instructions they ask clearly for the salary and job location and the other things but not the company name.

P.S.: If I had a lawyer I would probably have less questions for you guys, but I don't have one...

Thanks !

Yes the salaray a MUST both in the newspaper ads and internal job posting. But you don't have to put your company name in the ad's. also, if you need to save your money you can placed the ads during weekdays (wed-Fri) since Sunday is just Recommend. I keep saying this few times. Hope this help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, ny-nonrir, I'm going thru supervised recruitment right now -- can you share how did you respond to those 2 resumes that you received?

My firm/manager interviewed both candidates and found them not qualified. They did not have experience on most of the job requirements. I have no idea why they responded in the first place when they did not have any experience. I think they have to then document the results of the interview and present to the DOL why the candidates are not qualified.

Salary on AJB posting

A question for the gurus - My case was posted on AJB from the end of Feb to beginning of April. The Job description had the wrong salary - is this an issue and does it need to be reposted?

My lawyer doesn't bother to keep me updated when I asked him this question he said that BEC advertises with the prevailing wage so it is not an issue. His response doesn't make sense to me because everyone else's posting shows the actual salary.
To add to this confusion when I do a status check on DOL's website it shows that my case has been "Withdrawn". I have informed my lawyer of this and he said it was done in error and he will work on re-opening it.

I would appreciate any input regarding the salary. Thanks in advance.

RIR conversion

Hi, Gurus,

Quick question - accordingly to my law firm, they sent an email requesting RIR-conversion in January, and official documentation for the conversion was sent to the PBEC the end of March. This morning I checked the online status, and it still shows TR, in-process. Is this normal?

If someone can let me know, I would greatly appreciate it.

Job posting not found in AJB

Hello Guru's,

My lawyer informed me that they got recrutement instructions and that my job posting should have happened in AJB. The month period is between Apr23 to May 23, but I tried all possible ways.... but not able to find my job posting on AJB. Should I be worried?? Can some one please comment please..

Sincere thanks in advance,
-nk..

Hi, Gurus,

Quick question - accordingly to my law firm, they sent an email requesting RIR-conversion in January, and official documentation for the conversion was sent to the PBEC the end of March. This morning I checked the online status, and it still shows TR, in-process. Is this normal?

If someone can let me know, I would greatly appreciate it.
Very, very normal. You'll find many folks in the same situation as you lurking in the TR to RIR Conversion Tracker thread. If you could post your details (such as what you see in my signature) in that thread, that would be great. Check back often in that thread to see if people are seeing any progress. For what I know, DBEC has been processing TR->RIR Conversion emails (albeit randomly), whereas PBEC hasn't shown any movement.

Hi ny-nonrir,

Did you advertise in the newspaper? Did BRC send you those resumes for supervised recruitment?

Thanks,
longgcwisher

Not sure. I was not involved in the process. HR + Lawyers did it. I think the way it works is you are given Recruitment Instructions by the DOL which states clearly what to do when to advertise etc. I am not sure if the resumes came to the employer directly or if PBEC fwd'd it.

My firm/manager interviewed both candidates and found them not qualified. They did not have experience on most of the job requirements...
Thanks for the info! And congratulations on being certified.

A question for the gurus - My case was posted on AJB from the end of Feb to beginning of April. The Job description had the wrong salary - is this an issue and does it need to be reposted?
I'm in the same boat with you. In my case the AJB job doesn't have a full job description. I sent you a private message. Please check.

Regarding the wage. As far as I know BEC uses a higher wage if the one you specified is lower than Prevailing Wage, Level 2. Check it here. But they should include some sort of explanation in the Recruitment Instructions sent for your lawyer/HR.

To add to this confusion when I do a status check on DOL's website it shows that my case has been "Withdrawn". I have informed my lawyer of this and he said it was done in error and he will work on re-opening it
That website is full of glitches, so the most accurate info should come from your lawyer contacting BEC directly.

My lawyer informed me that they got recrutement instructions and that my job posting should have happened in AJB. The month period is between Apr23 to May 23, but I tried all possible ways.... but not able to find my job posting on AJB
To look it up go to http://www.ajb.org/ then click on "Advanced Search Methods - Job Number". Your lawyer should've received a job order number in RI. If you have it, use it for the search. If not, click on Job Search link and type your ETA case number without letters D or P (example: if it's P-12345-67890 use 12345-67890), then specify zip code where your job is located. This should bring up your ad.

Just finished recriutment and there were no replys to paper adds or AJB adds and my attorney sent in the package this week.
Anybody have any idea how long it usually takes for EB 3 case with no replys at all with DBEC.
Priority date is current so if i can get LC approved i can apply 1-140 & 1-485 same time.Some websites are saying that EB 3 india will retrogress by August.Any truth to this.

time frame

Just finished recriutment and there were no replys to paper adds or AJB adds and my attorney sent in the package this week.
Anybody have any idea how long it usually takes for EB 3 case with no replys at all with DBEC.
Priority date is current so if i can get LC approved i can apply 1-140 & 1-485 same time.Some websites are saying that EB 3 india will retrogress by August.Any truth to this.

Hello,
How long did it take for DBEC to send report to you that NO resumes recd from the date the recruitment period ended. My period ends today and now it seems that i have to wait for this report from DBEC.

My recruitment period ended today as well, so I too am interested in knowing wait time for the recruitment report from DBEC.

Hello,
How long did it take for DBEC to send report to you that NO resumes recd from the date the recruitment period ended. My period ends today and now it seems that i have to wait for this report from DBEC.

It took only 1 week for them to send out the RR to my attorney.I am in Fresno CA so i dont know about other states.
Now somebody answer my original question please.

Finally found the job posting on AJB

Hello Guru's,

My lawyer informed me that they got recrutement instructions and that my job posting should have happened in AJB. The month period is between Apr23 to May 23, but I tried all possible ways.... but not able to find my job posting on AJB. Should I be worried?? Can some one please comment please..

Sincere thanks in advance,
-nk..

Finally found the job posting on AJB. For some reason the the Company Job Id is "P0518######APA". The job description seems right... and so does the salary. Had to go in the keyword search, put a few charecters from the id and selected the state.

But what does the APA at the end mean?? After a wait of 6 years on this, every little thing has started to bug me.

Thanks,
-nk..

It took only 1 week for them to send out the RR to my attorney.I am in Fresno CA so i dont know about other states.
Now somebody answer my original question please.

My recruitment ended today also and job got pulled off AJB. Lawyer has told me that it takes up to a month after they send back the report to BC.

Of course i have to wait for the RR first and hope that there is no even more delays with resumes... :(